Scarlet Road: Prostitutes for the Disabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
    If sex were about intimacy, you wouldn't want the woman to go back home 5 minutes after it was over. I get the whole selling intimacy angle, but prostitutes aren't really selling intimacy. They sell the illusion of intimacy. Given the choice of pleasuring myself and having a woman pleasure me in the same way, I'd choose the woman. But afterwards I would regret that I spent $200 for something I could have accomplished myself. Maybe I'm just cheap.
    And Hollywood isn't selling me a fantasy world with elves and orcs; it's selling me the illusion of a fantasy world with elves and orcs. And I pay money for it and don't feel cheated.
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
      And Hollywood isn't selling me a fantasy world with elves and orcs; it's selling me the illusion of a fantasy world with elves and orcs. And I pay money for it and don't feel cheated.
      I don't have a problem with Hollywood selling elves and orcs. But if they're selling naked elves and orcs doing it in a hot tub, there comes a point where it's no longer about elves and orcs.
      "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Working...
      X