Thread: Hi?

Happily Waiting for Godot Winky Bach's Avatar

Default Hi?

How did you find CUF?
    Google.

How did you choose your moniker?

I am a huge fan of both nonverbal communication and classical music.

What do you do (other than read CUF)?

Family activities dominate a good portion of my free time. I am a married 30ish guy with a brood of little kids.

I watch BYU.

I love getting outdoors and doing things like canoeing, camping, and hiking. (I don't love being in the outdoors when I am with the scouts, but I do like warping the minds of the next generation, so it's still fun from that perspective.)

How many time zones have you lived in?
    5 time zones. I think the template used to ask about states? 5 states and a foreign mission. Probably going to move the family to one more state and stay forever- if I can control anything.

What are your sports loyalties?
    I love college FB and BBall. I try to watch and attend as many BYU games as I can.

I stopped following the NFL and MLB once I had kids. In the next couple of years I hope to pick them back up again, but I don't feel anything for my old teams any more.

Are you looking forward to wuap's welcome question and what do you think it will be?
    I think this post will be met with an awkward silence. I would consider a question an award.

What do you like about CUF?

I love the topics and characters. You guys are crazy. Good crazy. But crazy.

What don't you like about CUF?
    I love the long threads, but when a 3 year old thread gets resurrected that barely applies to the current topic, I wonder if the resurrect-er knows that Freud taught anyone who does this has a fetish for small feet and rancid pudding.

Also, run on sentences.

Incomplete sentences.

Grahmmer and spellling errors.

Do you pee in the sink?
    Never at home.

When I'm on the phone in a hotel.... hmmm.... well..... hmmm....ummm. I can promise that I have not peed in more than in 400 different hotels sinks. I also can't promise that my promise is not a lie. Don't judge me. It's a faulty record keeping issue more than an integrity concern.

Oh, you are just going to judge me for peeing in hotel sinks? That's fair.

Did you ever consider an alternative career path?

Yes. My first year when I was new to sales and I was actually trying to sell things, it sucked. I have been in outside business sales or a medical sale since college. I have jumped industry's a couple of times, but I have always been in sales. I love it. It feels like I am a paid to hang out with buddies. Or, like I am paid to bounce around and get to know people for money. Kind of like a whore. A whore who loves everything about their job.

When your kids get older, will you do drugs with them in order to teach them a responsible approach to drugs?

No. I recently gave up Monster and Dr. Pepper because caffeine is too hard core for me.

What's your standing in the church? (this was originally meant as a joke but it stuck)
    Good.

Why are you so creepy? How long have you been lurking?
    Creepy by nature, I suppose. I have lurked off and on for 2 or 3 years.

Do you expect anyone to respond to this thread?

No. Jokes about being a whore probably alienated the good Mormons and a lack of a joke about good standing ruined it for the rest. I guess I will never make any internet friends.

Don't tease us... actually jump in and join the fray.

To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science.

-Albert Einstien.

Welcome!
    www.cufmixtape.com

Welcome, Winky. You may find that CUF likes whores, or at least jokes about them a lot more than you thought.
    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
    Alessandro Manzoni

Welcome. I am glad to have you hear.

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winky Bach View Post

Also, run on sentences.

Incomplete sentences.

Grahmmer and spellling errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by byu71 View Post
    Welcome. I am glad to have you hear.
    Winky, take note: this is why 71 is so great. Also because he uses lots of vinegar.

Welcome aboard.
    The Mormon Creed: Mind Your Own Business

Hey Winky. Welcome aboard.

Don't be one of these wimps that makes a nice intro post and then goes back to lurking. Jump right in.
    So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

How did you find CUF?

How many time zones have you lived in?
    5 time zones. I think the template used to ask about states? 5 states and a foreign mission. Probably going to move the family to one more state and stay forever- if I can control anything.
    Welcome.

To which state do you want to move?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

I love the long threads, but when a 3 year old thread gets resurrected that barely applies to the current topic, I wonder if the resurrect-er knows that Freud taught anyone who does this has a fetish for small feet and rancid pudding.
    Wuap has always been open about his various fetishes, but he hasn't mentioned small feet and rancid pudding.

Welcome, Winky.

Quote Originally Posted by pellegrino View Post
    Welcome, Winky. You may find that CUF likes whores, or at least jokes about them a lot more than you thought.
    Haha. I had lots of other comments, but I don't want to test the good will of whore statements in 2/2 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    Wuap has always been open about his various fetishes, but he hasn't mentioned small feet and rancid pudding.
    So he never specifically denied it then?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    To which state do you want to move?
    I am making a change at work. Less expensive areas with bigger cities are the only criteria. We just want to settle somewhere for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Don't be one of these wimps that makes a nice intro post and then goes back to lurking. Jump right in.
    I picked a bad and busy day to join. Thanks again for the welcome everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post

Welcome, Winky.
    I'm leaving my avatar until you acknowledge it. or, I get bored with it.
    "LDS people need to lighten up and not take religion so seriously." --CardiacCoug
    "[...]
    liberals tend to take the moral teachings of the New Testament literally and the stories figuratively while conservatives do the opposite." -- Harry Tic

Welcome.

Your name makes me think this should be your avatar.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    Welcome.

Yep, that's what I thought.

Winky, did you work as a pacemaker rep?

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    Yep, that's what I thought.

Winky, did you work as a pacemaker rep?
    LOL. No, I have never sold pacemakers, but if I gave you two another guess on products you would get it.

LOL. No, I have never sold pacemakers, but if I gave you two another guess on products you would get it.
    Breast implants?
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

To Win is to Honor Him doctorcoug's Avatar

Anal sphincterotomy devices, winky back?

Edit:

This thread deserves the bored 2nd year med student video

[YOUTUBE]GVxJJ2DBPiQ[/YOUTUBE]

via a galaxy s3 far far away
    Last edited by doctorcoug; 01-08-2013 at 05:57 PM.
    "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

You guys are KILLING me.

I just trademarked Winky Back. Great product name.

Also, I had an acquaintance who sold breast implants. He loved his job. It's easy to sell a product you are passionate about.

To Win is to Honor Him doctorcoug's Avatar

You guys are KILLING me.

I just trademarked Winky Back. Great product name.

Also, I had an acquaintance who sold breast implants. He loved his job. It's easy to sell a product you are passionate about.
    There are only two reps I've ever liked (i run most of the reps out with the BS "trend" statements they say). One because he stocks me full of lantus samples so I can care for my self pay diabetics. The other, because of his love of BYU football (weird location to find a fan of BYU). I sometimes wonder if he did his homework on me and actually doesn't like BYU.

Augmentation rep that loves his job? Do you think the patients know that a rep is in the OR during the surgery? Not that a dissected breast is sexy at all.

"Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

Quote Originally Posted by doctorcoug View Post
    There are only two reps I've ever liked (i run most of the reps out with the BS "trend" statements they say). One because he stocks me full of lantus samples so I can care for my self pay diabetics. The other, because of his love of BYU football (weird location to find a fan of BYU). I sometimes wonder if he did his homework on me and actually doesn't like BYU.

Augmentation rep that loves his job? Do you think the patients know that a rep is in the OR during the surgery? Not that a dissected breast is sexy at all.

You got me, bad dumb comment. I was thinking boobs are of interest, not where you are going, but still VERY dumb.

That pharma job looks like it would be tough to really get to know anyone, and it would be hard to have meaningful conversations. I am going to take a guess that it probably isn't fun for for the reps who call on you either.

I would probably also guess you could make the visits more enjoyable for you and the reps if you wanted to.

No, scratch that. You won't sound as tough saying you like 7 reps, so it is probably better if you keep going the way you are. Also, please remember to make sure you show the waiter who is boss at lunch tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorcoug View Post

You should see explanted implants with attached tissue. Even sexier.

Welcome Winky Bach!