Anae back at BYU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
    I just keep remembering games like TCU and Florida State where the scheme wasn't tweaked at all.

I'm kind of glad Anae's back, but it's not without some reservations.

However, it's not like there's a bunch of guys out there pounding down the door to come coach here.
    Which Florida State game?
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Does hiring Anae get you more excited about Mangum? For me I'd have to say that's a yes.
      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
        I just keep remembering games like TCU and Florida State where the scheme wasn't tweaked at all.

I'm kind of glad Anae's back, but it's not without some reservations.

However, it's not like there's a bunch of guys out there pounding down the door to come coach here.
        I don't get this kind of griping about Anae. From the DesNews article:

The Cougars had some of their greatest offensive success of the past decade under Anae, ranking sixth in the country in passing offense in 2005, fourth in 2006, 11th in 2007, seventh in 2008 and 19th in 2009. They were 44th in 2010, Anae’s last season, as BYU started the season splitting time between freshman Jake Heaps and Riley Nelson.

Under Doman, the Cougars were 47th in passing offense in 2011 and are currently 51st this season.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          I don't get this kind of griping about Anae. From the DesNews article:
          If you add up the stats from 2006 through 2009, BYU was 9th in total offense and 12th in scoring offense. 2010 was a train wreck, but go back and look who we had playing and it's just as much or more a function of talent and experience as it was of coordinating.
          Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
            Does hiring Anae get you more excited about Mangum? For me I'd have to say that's a yes.
            No, but that is because he didn't do much for Heaps or that is the visible results. Maybe in the background that I don't know about, it wasn't his issue.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
              No, but that is because he didn't do much for Heaps or that is the visible results. Maybe in the background that I don't know about, it wasn't his issue.
              I've always thought that if he stays, Heaps stays the course.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                I've always thought that if he stays, Heaps stays the course.
                If Anae had stayed Heaps would have had a lot better Sophomore year, Riley would have never seen the field, and BYU would have been in the Orange Bowl this year.

Comment

I honestly can't see Doman staying with the football team. I could see him reassigned to the Athletic Department but I think his time coaching football is coming to an end. I would much rather have Max Hall as the QB coach anyways. I just think Doman and Anae will have friction from the beginning as well as Sour Grapes on Doman's part for getting demoted.

Max played under Anae, had a year to see how things should not be done and a QB coach is a perfect entry level spot for him to jump in and work with the guys we have have on board.

I am also hoping that Anae was able to take some of the plays used in Arizona and apply them to our team. I am not super thrilled but I do think Anae is light years better than what we had over the last two years. I am really hoping he can make a huge difference on the O-Line play.

Comment

Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                    If Anae had stayed Heaps would have had a lot better Sophomore year, Riley would have never seen the field, and BYU would have been in the Orange Bowl this year.
                    Which BCS at-large spot do they take? Oregon's or Florida's?

Perhaps your "what if"s include staying in a conference.

Comment

So what's the truth about the dual QB fiasco to start Anae's last year? Anae's wanted to go with dual?
                      And then there was allegedly a lot of friction with Doman and Bronco and Anae, but that appears to be unlikely now that Anae wants to keep Doman (if he does, I doubt Bronco would be bringing him back but demanding he keep Doman).
                      Who can tell the truth about what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by A-Train View Post
                        I am really hoping he can make a huge difference on the O-Line play.
                        I like to think that Anae, for all his predictability calling plays, was a solid, solid position coach, and a guy we could use on the O-line.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by OceanBlue View Post
                          Does the media in Utah ever ask Bronco tough questions ?

Will there be press conference ?
                          They probably would but his answers are rambling and never make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Train View Post
                            I honestly can't see Doman staying with the football team. I could see him reassigned to the Athletic Department but I think his time coaching football is coming to an end. I would much rather have Max Hall as the QB coach anyways. I just think Doman and Anae will have friction from the beginning as well as Sour Grapes on Doman's part for getting demoted.

Max played under Anae, had a year to see how things should not be done and a QB coach is a perfect entry level spot for him to jump in and work with the guys we have have on board.

I am also hoping that Anae was able to take some of the plays used in Arizona and apply them to our team. I am not super thrilled but I do think Anae is light years better than what we had over the last two years. I am really hoping he can make a huge difference on the O-Line play.
                            I can't see Doman staying with the team simply because his pride won't let him. Even if he does stay with the team, his pride will cause friction that won't be good.
                            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                            Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                              So what's the truth about the dual QB fiasco to start Anae's last year? Anae's wanted to go with dual?
                              And then there was allegedly a lot of friction with Doman and Bronco and Anae, but that appears to be unlikely now that Anae wants to keep Doman (if he does, I doubt Bronco would be bringing him back but demanding he keep Doman).
                              Who can tell the truth about what happened?
                              I can, but I won't. Not after the hurtful things said about me last time I tried to share the good news.
                              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

I've always been Anae fan. I believe he will do wonders for our offense. Hopefully that starts with the offensive line. 2013 is looking better and better.

Comment

Working...
                                X