Anae back at BYU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nikuman View Post
    You misunderstand. I am the woman wearing pants in the front row.

“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
      Really? I tee that up for you and all you can do is come up with a smiley? And not even the smiley either, which I probably deserve on account of my shapely legs.

Slipping. You're slipping.
      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by nikuman View Post
        Really? I tee that up for you and all you can do is come up with a smiley? And not even the smiley either, which I probably deserve on account of my shapely legs.

Slipping. You're slipping.
        On the contrary, I am still on the front end of the learning curve. I am not too proud to learn from young fellers like you.

EDIT: Not a kind word for the emoticon I found? I demand that El Duderino add it to the list immediately. It is superb.
        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

• Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
          On the contrary, I am still on the front end of the learning curve. I am not too proud to learn from young fellers like you.

EDIT: Not a kind word for the emoticon I found? I demand that El Duderino add it to the list immediately. It is superb.
          I like it. Give me a couple of minutes and I will upload it to the server.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Done.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
              I think a guy like Hill can fit in to what Anae wants to do, and run sometimes as well.
              Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
              Maybe Anae will implement some things he learned from RichRod.
              the good news is that Anae has a history of working with a two QB system
              I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Thanks. It's nice to know I still have a little pull around here.
                ― W.H. Auden

Comment

• Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                  the good news is that Anae has a history of working with a two QB system
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scratch View Post
                    His wife is no longer a coach for the U's soccer team.

Also, don't assume that he's going to take one of these jobs, he could very well stay at the U. I'm not saying he won't leave, but some of the posts here that are debating which of the jobs he will leave the U for are getting a bit ahead of themselves.
                    It wouldn't surprise me to see Roderick leave the U. I'm sure he must have a decent relationship with KW to stick around, but the guy has had his chain yanked back and forth more than LA Ute in a Mitt Romney thread.

He's headed to UW to be WR coach. Then is convinced to stay at Utah as OC. Then get's made co-OC and at some point is demoted to learn under the tutelage of Chow. Then when Chow leaves and the U needs a new OC - they don't even consider him and jump on the 25 year-old unproven graduate assistant who only has 1 year of coaching experience.

If he's content being a WR coach for the rest of his career, then Utah might be a great place for him. If he ever stops to think about whether or not he wants to have some upward mobility - I think he would have to consider leaving Utah. Even if it seemed like a lateral move and/or didn't include a change in pay.

Not saying he would go to BYU. Not saying BYU wants him. Not saying I want him at BYU even. Just saying from the outside looking it, staying at Utah doesn't seem like the best plan for him. Particularly if his wife isn't coaching there anymore (when did that happen?)

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                    Base on history, if it isn't Doman my money is on Max Hall. It could end up being an excellent hire or not. Kind of a crap shoot.

That being said, BYU is one of the finest institutions in the land. We are recognized for top notch students who have great integrity. Almost all your major corporations have BYU high on their list of Universitites to go find excellent people to add to their company.
                    Apparently Lark thinks a lot of Max Hall. Personally - I don't know how he would or wouldn't be as a coach...but it might be nice to have at least ONE coach on staff that takes the Utah game seriously.

Comment

• So - one of the local stations had Brad Rock, Sorenson, etc. all on talking about the Anae and possibly Roderick coaching thing.

They had some interesting things to say about Anae - essentially that perhaps one of the reasons he is feeling like it is a good move to return is that he will be given complete autonomy with the offense this time around. His call on assistant coaches. His call on which QB starts. His call on all of it.

Could make things interesting here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                        It wouldn't surprise me to see Roderick leave the U. I'm sure he must have a decent relationship with KW to stick around, but the guy has had his chain yanked back and forth more than LA Ute in a Mitt Romney thread.

He's headed to UW to be WR coach. Then is convinced to stay at Utah as OC. Then get's made co-OC and at some point is demoted to learn under the tutelage of Chow. Then when Chow leaves and the U needs a new OC - they don't even consider him and jump on the 25 year-old unproven graduate assistant who only has 1 year of coaching experience.

If he's content being a WR coach for the rest of his career, then Utah might be a great place for him. If he ever stops to think about whether or not he wants to have some upward mobility - I think he would have to consider leaving Utah. Even if it seemed like a lateral move and/or didn't include a change in pay.

Not saying he would go to BYU. Not saying BYU wants him. Not saying I want him at BYU even. Just saying from the outside looking it, staying at Utah doesn't seem like the best plan for him. Particularly if his wife isn't coaching there anymore (when did that happen?)

Apparently Lark thinks a lot of Max Hall. Personally - I don't know how he would or wouldn't be as a coach...but it might be nice to have at least ONE coach on staff that takes the Utah game seriously.
                        See, but that's the very stuff that would make me leave if I was Roderick.

If I'm that guy, and you want me to sit and learn from Coach Chow for a year, I'm all for that, but what I'm not good with is being told to stay somewhere with no upward mobility by getting passed over for a kid with no experience even really coaching.
                        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                          See, but that's the very stuff that would make me leave if I was Roderick.

If I'm that guy, and you want me to sit and learn from Coach Chow for a year, I'm all for that, but what I'm not good with is being told to stay somewhere with no upward mobility by getting passed over for a kid with no experience even really coaching.
                          but it seems like they did compensate him for his loyalty. I believe he is the highest paid Utah assistant at $200k (I think BJ is only at $225k). That's not bad scratch for an assistant (at Utah) and considering he made the move to leave for Washington and then had to talk Whitt back into letting him stay.
                          Last edited by Scorcho; 01-08-2013, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Wow, I'm not sure if there's a single accurate statement in there. I'll clean it up for you later, but don't have time to correct everything right now.

Comment

Here is a little fact checking for you.

The real timeline:

2009, Promoted to Co-OC with Schramm. ARod will be calling plays.

A few days later, ARod accepts WR coach at UW

A few days after that, reconsiders and returns to Utah. Still Co-OC, but not calling plays.

Halfway through 2009, Given playcalling duties, still share OC with Schramm

2011, demoted to WR coach when Chow takes OC.

2012, applies and interviews for vacant OC, loses out position to BJ, promoted to Passing game Coordinator.

The original drama started with his step to UW after he was promoted to Co-OC. If he doesn't make that move, nothing else is really that dramatic.
                              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Scorcho View Post
                                but it seems like they did compensate him for his loyalty. I believe he is the highest paid Utah assistant at $200k (I think BJ is only at $225k). That's not bad scratch for an assistant (at Utah) and considering he made the move to leave for Washington and then had to talk Whitt back into letting him stay.
                                Not at all. He's getting paid great.

I would still leave. There's not currently an opportunity to climb the ladder at Utah, sans Brian Johnson getting a HC spot.

The Wisconsin opportunity seems like it has more upward mobility of the three right now. Maybe Hawaii if he really was offered the OC spot. i don't know you'd go coach at BYU if the pay is lower. Maybe the thinking is that Anae becomes the HC when Bronco leaves and he could slide in to the OC position.
                                Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Working...
                                X