Anae back at BYU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
    Atuaia offically hired along with Garett Tujague.

http://byucougars.com/m-football/gar...2OYVwY.twitter
    Holy crap, if jaw and neck size are any indicator, 2J will be an excellent coach.

Based on this quote, I'm not sure Atuaia realizes he has been hired to coach football.

“I’m excited for the chance to help develop young men in a BYU setting, helping them navigate through the great and unique experiences only found at this institution,” Atuaia said.
    Last edited by falafel; 01-15-2013, 07:28 PM.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Holy crap, if jaw and neck size are any indicator, TWO-jay will be an excellent coach.

Based on this quote, I'm not sure Atuaia realizes he has been hired to coach football.
      Atuaia made a comment about life experience in there too. I think he read Bronco's book and watched multiple interviews with Bronco to prepare for the job interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
        Atuaia offically hired along with Garett Tujague.

http://byucougars.com/m-football/gar...2OYVwY.twitter
        Mark will always be a favorite of mine. My roommates and I rushed the field in the '96 WAC Championship game (take that Landpoke!), each hoping to bask in Ethan Pochman's glory. Instead I wound up in the grasp of an elated Mark Atuaia who didn't know who to hug.
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Holy crap, if jaw and neck size are any indicator, TWO-jay will be an excellent coach.

2J.
          Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

• Any truth the rumor I'm starting right now that Garrett will be bringing any and all JC talent with him to Provo?
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
              ... After Beck got his little boost of confidence...
              Beck's boost of confidence was a series of pep-talks from ex-BYU QBs who told him that if he wanted to win games instead of proving to coaches that he knew where the automatic open receiver was, he had to strap on a pair and throw the f-ing ball downfield sometimes.

Comment

• Atuaia with a JD, an MPA, AND he's married to a member of The Jets?

Dang. Charmed life, indeed.

Atuaia and his wife Elizabeth, an accomplished recording artist and lead singer for the 1980s pop group The Jets....

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                  Atuaia with a JD, an MPA, AND he's married to a member of The Jets?

Dang. Charmed life, indeed.
                  2J apparently has a Masters in "educational counseling."
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

2J apparently has a Masters in "educational counseling."
                    That's kind of the same thing, isn't it? Well, minus the Jets part.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                      That's kind of the same thing, isn't it? Well, minus the Jets part.
                      He's not married to a member of The Jets, but 2J did play Hell Boy in a few movies.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                        Heaps seemed to be progressing nicely under Anae after Riley got hurt. I remember the immense disappointment watching the Ole Miss game and seeing that Heaps had regressed in the off-season.
                        Heaps can't throw when there's even a slight chance that he might be hit.

Anae was in hotwater with the powers that be at BYU in 2010 - of course the powers that be at that time were the Heaps family. They didn't take too kindly to Brother Anae. Whenh he didn't let Jakey finish the scoring drive vs Utah in his last gamem but made Jakey take a knee and kick a fieldgoal to win the gam.Jakey supporters were insensed! And then when the FG try was missed as well, the rest of Cougardom was furious with him, Not any supporters for him after the loss to the Utes. and after the dissing of Jakey. Two wrongs blew up in Anae's face and he had to leave by order of the Family Heaps et al, and when the kick was blown, everyone else at BYU wanted him out too.

Comment

• So what is Anae's next move with coaches. BYU has 2 coaching positions left to fill (at least how I count). I'm assuming one of those coaches is going to be non-LDS. This late in the game are there any good candidates?

Comment

• I saw Coach Weber at Costa Vida today. Somehow I missed the announcement that he was hired by USU. When he sat down I saw that he was wearing a USU jacket. That really did my heart good.

But Cahoon was let go? I'm scratching my head over that.

Comment

• TH tweets

Tom Holmoe ‏@TomHolmoe

Folks, Bronco is calling shots on new coaches with Robert. I am there for support and counsel if needed.
                              I have been hearing for more than a week on local media that THe coaching changes have been all TH and RA with Bronco standing on the sidelines. This tweet won't dissuade them.

Comment

• Originally posted by USU Coug View Post
                                TH tweets

I have been hearing for more than a week on local media that THe coaching changes have been all TH and RA with Bronco standing on the sidelines. This tweet won't dissuade them.
                                This is really hard for me to believe. Sure Bronco had a tough season. Sure he isn't the walk on water guy anymore. However, there is no way he has been deballed.

Bronco's style and religion/football mantra has won him a lot of brownie points with the people that really count. Napper and I actually discussed this on this very forum back early in his career.

Comment

Working...
                                X