Anae back at BYU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
    First, it's great to know what you think of me, you miserable vomitous mass.

Second, you need to pay more attention to wuap and nikuman. When it comes to BYU athletics I'm simply a heretic on this board.
    Heretic means you are an insider with a faith crisis or similar. Key word insider. You, sir, are a double agent at best. The equivalent would be for me to start off teaching my gospel doctrine class by saying, "hey, did you know Joseph Smith had multiple wives, some of which were teens and others of which were married to other men?" And then explain only that while gleefully watching the members of the class squirm. And maybe distribute copies of Brodie at the door on the way out.

That is the point at which I become an apostate and not a heretic, a line you crossed with BYU sports - well, I don't know that you've ever been on the other side of it as long as I've known you.
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

• I guess he could transfer but isn't Mangum already on campus? I thought he had grey-shirted.

Also, I would think Mangum would be more excited about Anae's offense. If anything, maybe Hill should be a little concerned.
      "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Originally posted by lambdacoug View Post
        http://iowa.scout.com/a.z?s=8&p=1

Not related to Anae, though.
        Blech.

Cal I get, he's from the coast. Iowa? Kinda random. Plus, their program has been crummy the last few years.
        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
          Blech.

Cal I get, he's from the coast. Iowa? Kinda random. Plus, their program has been crummy the last few years.
          Watch your mouth.

If he's a lineman, Iowa's the place to be. Otherwise....

You're right, though. They freaking love Ferentz and his run-between-the-tackles, better-get-a-lead-because-they don't-have-the-goods-to-come-from-behind offense.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            Poor guy. He's probably just shaking off the dust from five years of going into hysterics every time someone would mention Mitt Romney and Mormon in the same sentence.
            It's so sad to see you wrestling with your jealousy this way, instead of letting me mentor you so you can take the reins from me someday. Such a waste of talent in a (relatively) young fellow.

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
            Heretic means you are an insider with a faith crisis or similar. Key word insider. You, sir, are a double agent at best....
            Oh, horsefeathers. You guys struggle so mightily with BYU's status as the church's school. Just accept it! If that means you also have to accept the heretical nature of my dissent from the widely-held belief that everything that goes on at "the Y," including its athletic endeavors, is imbued with the church's holy and apocalyptic mission, then you can handle that. You are all well-educated, well-informed, and wise beyond your years. I know you can do it.

Sheesh, I'm not even trying to troll and I am having a blast in this thread.
            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
            ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• On the other side of the coin, some Arizona fans fear that Anae's defection to BYU could send a couple of missionary linemen (maybe one's a linebacker) to BYU.
              If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

• Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                Also, I would think Mangum would be more excited about Anae's offense. If anything, maybe Hill should be a little concerned.
                Wholeheartedly agree.
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• I think a guy like Hill can fit in to what Anae wants to do, and run sometimes as well.
                  Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                    I think a guy like Hill can fit in to what Anae wants to do, and run sometimes as well.
                    Maybe Anae will implement some things he learned from RichRod.

Comment

• Some tweets from the past hour, from most to least recent:

Bill Riley ‏@espn700bill
                      Questions regarding A-Rod leaving the #Utes. Nothing definite, edge to Wisc. if offered. BYU would surprise me, but Roderick repects Anae
                      Kevin Graham ‏@KevinGrahamKFAN
                      After compiling all the info my gut tells me Roderick will be going to Wisconsin. More money, bigger program, loyalty to Andersen
                      As @gregwrubell's told us source told him, another report saying it looks like Brandon Doman is not coming back to BYU: http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop
                      This lends back to my sources who told me there has been discussions between BYU and Utah WR coach Aaron Roderick about QB coaching job

Jay Drew ‏@drewjay
                      As far as Brandon Doman's future at BYU, I'm hearing the same thing as this website, although nothing is definite yet. http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

Comment

It's so sad to see you wrestling with your jealousy this way, instead of letting me mentor you so you can take the reins from me someday. Such a waste of talent in a (relatively) young fellow.
                        LAU! Quick! Someone on the internet just made a joke about Mitt Romney and garments!

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                          LAU! Quick! Someone on the internet just made a joke about Mitt Romney and garments!
                          Come on, that is so 2007.
                          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                          ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

Oh, horsefeathers. You guys struggle so mightily with BYU's status as the church's school. Just accept it! If that means you also have to accept the heretical nature of my dissent from the widely-held belief that everything that goes on at "the Y," including its athletic endeavors, is imbued with the church's holy and apocalyptic mission, then you can handle that. You are all well-educated, well-informed, and wise beyond your years. I know you can do it.
                            You misunderstand. I am the woman wearing pants in the front row. You are Steve Benson.
                            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

• LA Ute's presence in this thread is quite useless.

Comment

• In light of A-Rod's level of success at Utah (example: the performance of our WRs last season) do you guys really want him?
                                ― W.H. Auden

Comment

Working...
                                X