2012-13 NFL Postseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
    I don't know who to cheer for in this game.

I don't want Ray Lewis to win a championship. Other than that I have no real problem with the Ravens.

I also don't want the 49ers to win after benching Alex Smith and have to listen to the annoying type of BYU fans that will bash on Smith. Falcons were going to choke just fine with either Smith or Kaepernick at QB.

I think at the end of the day, I'm going to have to go with the Ravens. I think the ideal situation is that Ray Lewis learns from Eugene Robinson and gets caught soliciting a prostitute the night before, doesn't play, and the Ravens win the game. I think that would be perfect.
    A Ravens win would quite possibly, if not probably, involve a Dennis Pitta touchdown.

I haven't been to CB in ages but I'm not sure if there are that many BYU fans taking joy in the benching of Alex Smith. I've said this before but BYU fans have a similar relationship with Alex Smith as Utah fans have with Jimmer. Really, do that many Utah fans hate Jimmer? I haven't seen it.

Also, there's no effing way Alex Smith would have led that kind of comeback. The 49ers already had the most sophisticated running game in the league and Kaepernick just adds a couple more layers to it with the read option and pistol. It's something that's still a work in progress as Kaepernick and the receivers learn where the soft parts in the defense are because of the read option and Kaepernick's running ability. Aside from the defensive end/pass rushing OLB, it causes huge problems for the safeties. Bernard Pollard is not a great coverage safety but a great run support safety so it will be interesting to see how he plays in this game. Hopefully he doesn't mistake the Niners for the Patriots.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      A Ravens win would quite possibly, if not probably, involve a Dennis Pitta touchdown.

I haven't been to CB in ages but I'm not sure if there are that many BYU fans taking joy in the benching of Alex Smith. I've said this before but BYU fans have a similar relationship with Alex Smith as Utah fans have with Jimmer. Really, do that many Utah fans hate Jimmer? I haven't seen it.

Also, there's no effing way Alex Smith would have led that kind of comeback. The 49ers already had the most sophisticated running game in the league and Kaepernick just adds a couple more layers to it with the read option and pistol. It's something that's still a work in progress as Kaepernick and the receivers learn where the soft parts in the defense are because of the read option and Kaepernick's running ability. Aside from the defensive end/pass rushing OLB, it causes huge problems for the safeties. Bernard Pollard is not a great coverage safety but a great run support safety so it will be interesting to see how he plays in this game. Hopefully he doesn't mistake the Niners for the Patriots.
      The boo him every time the Kings come to ESA. At least that's what I've noticed.
      Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
        The boo him every time the Kings come to ESA. At least that's what I've noticed.
        Jazz fans are lame, they boo all the opposing players as they're introduced. Blazer, Jazz and Seahawks fans -- the whiniest fans in sports, with the exception of the PASS THE BALL LAVELL!!! BYU fans.
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

You underestimate the hate of some Ute fans of former BYU players, the hate of some BYU fans for former Utah players, and the Falcons ability to choke.

Plenty of Ute fans hate Fredette. There has been frequent joy on cougarboard over the benching of Smith and each came that Kaepernick has won. The Falcons are one of the most accomplished choking teams in the history of the NFL, never underestimate their ability to choke. Smith would have easily exploited the Falcon's ability to roll over and give the game away.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I figured out the ideal outcome.

1) Ray Lewis gets caught snorting cocaine off a hooker's breasts the night before the Super Bowl and gets suspended.*

2) Colin Kaepernick is injured on their first snap for the 49ers. I have no ill will towards Kaepernick, so I would rather see a one game injury than a cocaine or hooker related suspension.

3) Alex Smith comes in and leads the 49ers to a dominating win over the Ravens.

*I'm not alleging that Ray Lewis uses cocaine or that if he does use cocaine that his preferred delivery method is snorting it off a hooker or any other female's breasts.
            Last edited by MartyFunkhouser; 01-29-2013, 02:41 PM.
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I figured out the ideal outcome.

1) Ray Lewis gets caught snorting cocaine off a hooker's breasts the night before the Super Bowl and gets suspended.*

2) Colin Kaepernick is ignored on their first snap for the 49ers. I have no ill will towards Kaepernick, so I would rather see a one game injury than a cocaine or hooker related suspension.

3) Alex Smith comes in and leads the 49ers to a dominating win over the Ravens.

*I'm not alleging that Ray Lewis uses cocaine or that if he does use cocaine that his preferred delivery method is snorting it off a hooker or any other female's breasts.
              Wouldn't that outcome validate Ray Lewis? If you really dislike Ray Lewis, why not have him play in the SB, lose to the Smith-lead 49ers, and then get caught snorting cocaine off a gay man's semi-erect penis* later that night? You lawyers lack creativity.

*I'm not alleging that Ray Lewis uses cocaine or that if he does use cocaine that his preferred delivery method is snorting it off a gigolo or any other man's semi-erect penis.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Wouldn't that outcome validate Ray Lewis? If you really dislike Ray Lewis, why not have him play in the SB, lose to the Smith-lead 49ers, and then get caught snorting cocaine off a gay man's semi-erect penis* later that night? You lawyers lack creativity.

*I'm not alleging that Ray Lewis uses cocaine or that if he does use cocaine that his preferred delivery method is snorting it off a gigolo or any other man's semi-erect penis.
                I like the embarrassment factor of him getting suspended just before the Super Bowl. Ray Lewis is a great player so I don't really care if he gets validated as a great player. However, I do agree that a more ideal circumstance would involve cocaine being snorted off a gay man's semi-erect penis. Either that of a toilet seat, that worked well to thoroughly humiliate one of my favorite players.
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• As a Highland High grad, I am going for the Ravens, and Haloti Ngata.

Comment

I don't know who to cheer for in this game.

I don't want Ray Lewis to win a championship. Other than that I have no real problem with the Ravens.

I also don't want the 49ers to win after benching Alex Smith and have to listen to the annoying type of BYU fans that will bash on Smith. Falcons were going to choke just fine with either Smith or Kaepernick at QB.

I think at the end of the day, I'm going to have to go with the Ravens. I think the ideal situation is that Ray Lewis learns from Eugene Robinson and gets caught soliciting a prostitute the night before, doesn't play, and the Ravens win the game. I think that would be perfect.
                    While I want very much for the Niners to prevail, I do endorse your support for Dennis Pitta.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

We need to ban the use of the term "semi-erect penis" on CUF.

Comment

• So what's the story with the Superdome? We've seen all the old domes either destroyed, vacated or their tenants wanting to get the hell out -- with the exception of the Superdome. I've heard the Falcons want to get out of the Georgia Dome and that thing is 17 years newer.

Why is the Superdome standing the test of time?

Comment

So what's the story with the Superdome? We've seen all the old domes either destroyed, vacated or their tenants wanting to get the hell out -- with the exception of the Superdome. I've heard the Falcons want to get out of the Georgia Dome and that thing is 17 years newer.

Why is the Superdome standing the test of time?
                          It recently underwent a comprehensive, $320 million renovation and claims to now be one of the most up-to-date facilities in the country.

So to answer your question: tons of money.
                          If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

• so this Ray Lewis thing is interesting because they have no proof that he took the stuff and they can't even really verify the conversation he had with the former male stripper.

It shouldn't surprise anyone if he really was on steroids. In fact, I suspect he and every other injured NFL athlete is.
                            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                            Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Working...
                            X