Thanks Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Utah ends the fiscal year with another surplus ($158M). Surplus was moved to 2-3 rainy day funds.

Why can't the federal government do this?
    Because the Fed can just print money... Utah can't.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Because the Fed can just print money... Utah can't.
      Uh.... excuse me?

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Utah ends the fiscal year with another surplus ($158M). Surplus was moved to 2-3 rainy day funds.

Why can't the federal government do this?
        Take a look at those massive tax cuts.

Comment

Uh.... excuse me?

Deseret currency is so cool. https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces128579.html

Comment

Uh.... excuse me?

Speaking of states’ rights, does every state have a state pledge of allegiance, or is that just a Texas/southern thing? The kids here (at Robert E. Lee Elementary) have to say it after the actual Pledge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
              Speaking of states’ rights, does every state have a state pledge of allegiance, or is that just a Texas/southern thing? The kids here (at Robert E. Lee Elementary) have to say it after the actual Pledge.
              Never knew there was such a thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
                The cadence of the Texas pledge is weird. Someone should rewrite it to flow better.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• https://www.wsj.com/articles/utah-sh...th-11547809200

Comment

• What is best way to get from SLC airport to Provo. I have a suitcase and golf bag, Uber or Frontrunner? I always rent a car, but wife flew in earlier and picked it up. So I'm on my own. Thanks Mrs V!

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                      What is best way to get from SLC airport to Provo. I have a suitcase and golf bag, Uber or Frontrunner? I always rent a car, but wife flew in earlier and picked it up. So I'm on my own. Thanks Mrs V!
                      Uber is quicker. Frontrunner is cheaper.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• I’ll go with quicker. Thanks

Comment

• Good for Utah...

These Utah leaders urged President Trump to send more refugees to the state. Here’s why it matters

Multiple Utah leaders have opened up about the ongoing refugee crises and its connection to Utah.

Utah Gov. Gary Herbert has asked President Donald Trump to send more refugees to the Beehive State, saying Utah hasn’t reached its limit for how many people can be resettled here, according to the Deseret News.

Herbert sent a letter to the Trump administration as it prepares to reduce the numbers of refugees accepted in the country.

“Those experiences and hardships of our pioneer ancestors 170 years ago are still fresh in the minds of many Utahns,” the governor wrote. “As a result, we empathize deeply with individuals and groups who have been forced from their homes and we love giving them a new home and a new life.”
                          [...]
                          https://www.deseret.com/utah/2019/11...-refugees-utah

Utah is way too white and needs a little color.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Thanks Utah for keeping Mississippi company... They were lonely up there at the top:

Utah is the second most biased state against nonreligious residents, survey says

It may come as no surprise that Utah respondents to a newly released survey by the American Atheists deemed their state the most religious in the country.

It was, after all, settled in the 19th century as a religious haven for Mormons fleeing persecution in the Midwest and remains the headquarters of the 16.5 million-member Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The faith, its beliefs, its practices and its policies touch nearly every aspect of life in the Beehive State.

What might be unexpected to some, however, is that the survey found Utah to have the nation’s second highest rate — after Mississippi — of stigma against nonreligious people.
                            [...]
                            https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2020...s-second-most/
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The "Microagressions and Stigma Scale".

I'm sure there's some serious science backing that thing.

Comment

• Oh Peggy...

Comment

Working...
                                X