KVN Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
    Who said I wasn't complimentary to KVN? He is an outstanding player that I would take on any team I cheer. He may be around when the Seahawks are picking the 30th pick of the draft, so they will have a chance to take him if they want(Receiver is a bigger need, IMO).

Sacred Cows are made to be slaughtered.

I will stand by Barr being the best defensive player Utah has played, top 10, possibly top 5 in the coming draft. Skov is a comparable at a different position. Myles Jack is a true freshman, but he may end up being the best of all of them(can't predict injuries,etc). He is the best tFr that I have seen play in person. Juilo Jones is probably the closest.
    All decent enough points. But when you make the occasional LA Ute guest appearance it looks a bit like trolling. If you just came back, it would be all good.
    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Well I don't see any of those Utah players on any of the watch lists KVN is on and he's clearly the best defender in any game he has played in this year, so it's pretty obvious trolling. No hard feelings. Utah will always be mad at and jealous of BYU-- even when they claim to have moved on.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I've watched Barr twice this season. KVN is a better player.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
          Well I don't see any of those Utah players on any of the watch lists KVN is on and he's clearly the best defender in any game he has played in this year, so it's pretty obvious trolling. No hard feelings. Utah will always be mad at and jealous of BYU-- even when they claim to have moved on.
          He has moved on from the ute players he realizes that was a dumb argument. Now its "well kvn is not the best defensive player utah has faced".

Next it will be "well clay Matthews is better than kvn"

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
          *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            I've watched Barr twice this season. KVN is a better player.
            The stats agree with you the same ones he used to try and disprove kvns superiority.

*Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              The stats agree with you the same ones he used to try and disprove kvns superiority.

Barr in 5 games has the same # of TFL, more sacks, more Fumbles forced, than KVN in 6. KVN would likely still have more total tackles if Barr had played 6 games, and the lone INT. As far as hurries, I can't find any stats on QB Hurries for any other player. Even the official NCAA site doesn't track them ( http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f.../individual/36). So probably a stat that only BYu is tracking to pump up their player.

In summary, Barr has had more high impact plays in 1 fewer game. Your serve.
              Last edited by Jarid in Cedar; 10-16-2013, 07:13 PM.
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Several hundred NFL talent evaluators disagree with you. Barr is consistently listed as the 5-10th best draft eligible player on every site that has a ranking. KVN is 25-35th.
                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Several hundred NFL talent evaluators disagree with you. Barr is consistently listed as the 5-10th best draft eligible player on every site that has a ranking. KVN is 25-35th.
                  It's a good thing you didn't want to have a prolonged conversation about this. I guess technically you have moved on from the weird Utah defensive players stats post.

Comment

Barr in 5 games has the same # of TFL, more sacks, more Fumbles forced, than KVN in 6. KVN would likely still have more total tackles if Barr had played 6 games, and the lone INT. As far as hurries, I can't find any stats on QB Hurries for any other player. Even the official NCAA site doesn't track them ( http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f.../individual/36). So probably a stat that only BYu is tracking to pump up their player.

In summary, Barr has had more high impact plays in 1 fewer game. Your serve.
                    Qb hurries are actually qb hits you have to hit the qb to track them. Byu has tracked them for a long time. Also kvn has 4 sacks not 3. He has 13 more tackles (significant number considering they play the same position), the same tfls, scored 8 points on his own this season, an int, and has 2 midseason heisman votes from actual voters.

Your serve.

*Banned*

Comment

Pro potential is a different argument than better college player. Johnny Football is the best college football player but he won't be the first QB drafted.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

• I'm going to let JiC ask all the trivia questions from now on.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                          Qb hurries are actually qb hits you have to hit the qb to track them. Byu has tracked them for a long time. Also kvn has 4 sacks not 3. He has 13 more tackles (significant number considering they play the same position), the same tfls, scored 8 points on his own this season, an int, and has 2 midseason heisman votes from actual voters.

Your serve.

Point taken on the additional sack that was just credited. I was taking the #'s off of the press release you linked.

And the NFL tracks hits/hurries separately I believe. My point was simply I can't find an official comparable for any other player. I am sure that other schools track them as well, just not on any sites.

The 13 tackle gap will close when UCLA has actually played as many games as BYU, and Barr is already even in TFL, Sacks, and ahead in turnovers forced. And who cares if Dick Harmon and the BYU hack at SI is giving him a mid season vote, he won't finish in the top 15, maybe not even the top 20. In fact, they may be the only votes he gets.

Your serve.

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Every NFL scout disagrees with you. Van Noy is great, Barr is better. Against Utah Van Noy was very good, but made no impact plays. Barr was incredible and made a huge impact against Utah. There is a reason Barr is projected as a possible top 5 pick.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk now Free
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                              Every NFL scout disagrees with you. Van Noy is great, Barr is better. Against Utah Van Noy was very good, but made no impact plays. Barr was incredible and made a huge impact against Utah. There is a reason Barr is projected as a possible top 5 pick.

You've talked with every NFL scout? All of them? And every single one has Barr ahead of KVN?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                                You've talked with every NFL scout? All of them? And every single one has Barr ahead of KVN?
                                Good point. I'm sure there are a few that take an unjustified position that KVN is better.

As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X