Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KVN Thread

Thanks for the memories.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

If you had a chance to listen to the press conference you got to hear a humble guy deflect each and every question or comment directed as his outstanding play. What a game. What a stud. You will be missed, KVN.

(Bronco also joked that at least for once Kyle caught a ball that hit him in the hands. Nice to hear Bronco loosen up a bit for a change).
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Easily my favorite player over the last 5 years or so.

Good luck KVN.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
        If you had a chance to listen to the press conference you got to hear a humble guy deflect each and every question or comment directed as his outstanding play. What a game. What a stud. You will be missed, KVN.

(Bronco also joked that at least for once Kyle caught a ball that hit him in the hands. Nice to hear Bronco loosen up a bit for a change).
        Yeah, I don't think I had ever heard him speak before. My expectations were based off his tweets/fb posts and so were, well, not too high. But he came across as articulate, humble, and very likable. I wish my kid had been awake to see him--he's his favorite player. Mine too, really.

The other part of the story that I really love about him (and I shared with my wife, who was similarly impressed) is what happened when he got into trouble. He must have had plenty of offers to ditch BYU. With the Dallas Cowboys tragedy in the news, it makes me all the more proud of both him and the program.
        Last edited by ERCougar; 12-21-2012, 06:37 AM.
        At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
        -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Did he announce he is going to the NFL?

I expect him to do so, but still hold out a glimmer of hope that he won't.

But I'm afraid this game was God's way of telling him to go. He was telling Kyle "you can't top this, so it's time to go"...

Comment

Originally posted by NorthShoreCoug View Post

But I'm afraid this game was God's way of telling him to go. He was telling Kyle "you can't top this, so it's time to go"...
            KVN didn't sound all that positive about going pro, and Bronco made a detailed plea for him to stay, saying he wasn't quite mature enough yet and there were a lot of things left for him to learn that he could best achieve at BYU.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthShoreCoug View Post

IMO, KVN should go, next year's defense will not likely top this year's D. There's not a whole lot of upside for staying and a whole lot of downside.
              Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
              - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
              - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

He was awesome last night, and has been for his whole career. He will be missed.

Comment

God bless him, he was one of the greats.
                  I think, perhaps, the only person who hates BYU fans more than ute fans hate BYU fans, is Bronco Mendenhall.
                  -smokymountainrain

Menden Hall Hates Me.

Comment

Originally posted by dixdog View Post
                    KVN didn't sound all that positive about going pro, and Bronco made a detailed plea for him to stay, saying he wasn't quite mature enough yet and there were a lot of things left for him to learn that he could best achieve at BYU.
                    Of course Bronco would say that.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaCoug View Post
                      Of course Bronco would say that.
                      A coach wouldn't be doing his job unless he tried to get his best players to play for him as long as possible.

Comment

I don't care what's in KVN's best interest, I want him at BYU as long as possible because it makes them a better team.
                        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                          I don't care what's in KVN's best interest, I want him at BYU as long as possible because it makes them a better team.
                          I care a lot more about KVN's interest than I do about what will already be a crappy team next year.

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                            I care a lot more about KVN's interest than I do about what will already be a crappy team next year.
                            All the more reason to have him on the team to reduce the level of suckitude.
                            Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Word is Kyle Van Noy/LB/BYU got 3rd round grade; consensus from league insiders is he should enter draft for a # of reasons- could go 1st
                              Further; scouts say based off the Poinsettia Bowl both Kyle Van Noy and Ziggy Ansah are 1st rounders...Brandon Brown/T a 3rd...
                              http://twitter.com/TonyPauline
                              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X