No announcement yet.

The Official "Real" Wrestling thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who did not see the finals of Dake vs Taylor. Here it is. It is a good one.

Spoiler for My comments on the match (Spoiler):
    Dake wins a close one by riding Taylor the final 3rd period. I believe the ref's gave him a HUGE amount of time and were scared to make him wrestle. He did a half-spiral ride and sat on it the entire 3rd period and did not push to make any moves or a turn. A majority of the time they will get called for stalling within the first 30 seconds of that type of move. In this case he was able to go pretty much the entire match with it. They gave the "token" stalling call but it did not change the outcome of the match (Which I don't think it should). The only problem I had was the ref's not pushing the action from the beginning. Force Dake to do something with his ride. In the end he won and he became the 1st wrestler to EVER win 4 title in 4 different weight classes.

Here is the match..

Comment

Wrestling is a tough sport.

X-Pac tore open his Anus trying a bronco buster.

http://deadspin.com/sean-x-pac-waltm...ium=socialflow
      *Banned*

Comment

Every wrestler I know is an asshole. Probably because they're scrawny and always hungry.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          Every wrestler I know is an asshole. Probably because they're scrawny and always hungry.
          I didn't know CJ wrestled..

I guess your opinion of me is out of the bag..:swear:

Oh yeah. Happy B-day you SOB!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
            I didn't know CJ wrestled..

I guess your opinion of me is out of the bag..:swear:

Oh yeah. Happy B-day you SOB!!!
            Thanks!

Seriously though, every wrestler I was ever friends with was half my size, had a major chip on their shoulder, were generally dicks and unpleasant to be around and were always bitching about being hungry and not being able to eat anything.

My cousins were the exception. They were cool. But they were always hungry. Whenever they came to our house they'd eat a ton of food. I don't think their dad was too happy about it. They were big into wrestling. In fact they had a wrestling mat in their garage. My one cousin wrestled for CS Fullerton before going on a mission. I think their program is gone now. So when he came home he went to BYU-HI and just surfs now.
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for posting that Brock. My boys are loving wrestling.
              "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Thanks!

Seriously though, every wrestler I was ever friends with was half my size, had a major chip on their shoulder, were generally dicks and unpleasant to be around and were always bitching about being hungry and not being able to eat anything.

My cousins were the exception. They were cool. But they were always hungry. Whenever they came to our house they'd eat a ton of food. I don't think their dad was too happy about it. They were big into wrestling. In fact they had a wrestling mat in their garage. My one cousin wrestled for CS Fullerton before going on a mission. I think their program is gone now. So when he came home he went to BYU-HI and just surfs now.
                whats his younger brother doing now?
                I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                  whats his younger brother doing now?
                  Working at LA Fitness. Not doing anything I think.
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

Working at LA Fitness. Not doing anything I think.
                    really? I havent seen those boys for quite some time now (7-8 years) but I would have bet that the younger boy would have had more focus and drive. It is still amazing to me what puberty can do or not do for a young man.
                    I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                      really? I havent seen those boys for quite some time now (7-8 years) but I would have bet that the younger boy would have had more focus and drive. It is still amazing to me what puberty can do or not do for a young man.
                      I guess, that is what his FB says. G graduated from school I think in December. Still in Hawaii, living the dream.
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

My brother's 2 kids went to Vegas this past weekend for the Jr. Fila National Trials Championships. Also held was the Sr. Open Trials.

Hayden Tuma took first in Greco and Jon Jay Chavez took 3rd in Greco. They both placed in Freestyle as well. Hayden on the OW award for his domination in Greco.

Finals Match Here (He faced Mitchell Brown 3X State Champ of Payson, Utah in the finals.):
                        http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage...Mitchell-Brown

Article on him (With his photo).
                        http://www.themat.com/section.php?se...rticleID=26367

Comment

You can now watch the World Team Trials online at this link. I HIGHLY recommend watching Kyle Dake vs. Jordan Burroughs (It is the video in the link. The match starts at the 2:50 mark). Burroughs is the Olympic Champ. Dake is coming off winning his 4th NCAA title at 4 different weights..

http://www.themat.tv/2013/06/world-t...matches-day-1/

Comment

14 Things You Didn't Know About The Rock (aka "Duane Johnson")

http://www.buzzfeed.com/thehero/14-t...about-the-rock

Comment

I'm not a big wrestling fan but ESPN the Mag had a huge spread on Dan Gable. It was a great read. I highly recommend it for wrestling fans.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/stor...sses-dan-gable
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm not a big wrestling fan but ESPN the Mag had a huge spread on Dan Gable. It was a great read. I highly recommend it for wrestling fans.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/stor...sses-dan-gable

I was just about to post this.. Thanks Surfah!!

On a side note: My brother's 2 wrestler's ended up taking 1st at Jr. Nationals in Greco-Roman. They also made the National Greco Roman Team for Cadets and Junior Olympics. Hayden Tuma took 8th in the world. His 2 losses were to the Champ and the kid who took 3rd. Jon Jay Chavez took 3rd (Bronze Medal). These 2 kids are going to be Olympic medalist when all is said and done (That's if they don't cut one of the main sports that was in the Olympics)..

http://www.themat.com/section.php?se...rticleID=26882

Comment

Working...
                                X