The Official "Real" Wrestling thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    We went to his first tournament today. He was the only novice so he had to wrestle kids with experience and who were a year older.

He was pinned by the bracket winner and lost 7-0 to a kid from our club who he wrestle a lot in practice (he beats that same kid 3 out of 10 times). He was a little hesitant at first but he had fun.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Nice MRD.. Glad he had fun and things went well. I am planning a tourney for my son here in the future..

Comment

Anyone see this video? The kid is obviously talented, but he seems like a real punk.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVCegcfWXp8"]Kid Goes Beast Mode During Wrestling Match - YouTube[/nomedia]
      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
        Anyone see this video? The kid is obviously talented, but he seems like a real punk.

Kid Goes Beast Mode During Wrestling Match - YouTube
        Kid knows his basic moves really well and others as well. However he is very young. I am curious to see how he responds as he gets older and faces kids with similar knowledge who can beat him..

He is good for now.. Things will change over time..

Comment

I am stunned, outraged, bitter, pissed, and all other emotions..

The IOC has cut wrestling from the 2020 Olympics.. This is a very sad day in the world of wrestling. USA, Iran, Russia, and many other strong wrestling country's will not stand for this but I am not sure what they can do..

The oldest sport in the Olympics has been killed by a bunch of bureaucrats who don't know shit about the sport nor the ramifications they just caused...

What a disgrace you are IOC..

http://news.yahoo.com/ioc-drops-wres...6483--oly.html

Comment

Cael Sanderson speaks on Jim Rome show about the IOC dropping wrestling..

Audio:
            http://awn.theopenmat.com/2013/02/ji...ael-sanderson/

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
              Cael Sanderson speaks on Jim Rome show about the IOC dropping wrestling..

Audio:
              http://awn.theopenmat.com/2013/02/ji...ael-sanderson/
              I have to admit - it's kind of funny to see the sports they are keeping while dropping wrestling.

Sailing, trampoline, shooting, table tennis, really?

Not that I mind any of these being in the olympics - I just don't see keeping them and dropping wrestling.

Comment

The IOC is so stupid. There's no reasoning in what they do. Dropping wrestling? Absurd.
                Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Nice article on Kyle Dake out of Cornell. This kid has been so good over the last 4 years. Never redshirted and only lost 4 times. He has wrestled at 4 different weight classes over his career (Which is unheard of) and won at each weight..

Fr. 141 libs
                  Soph. 149 libs
                  Jr. 157 libs
                  Sr. 165 lbs

I usually attend the NCAA's but will not be able to make it this year.. Wish I could watch his performance.. He will be going against David Taylor out of Penn. St. (Coach by Cael Sanderson). I think David can beat him but we'll see. David tends to buckle under the lights..

Anyway, nice article on him..

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fan...-many-routines

Comment

NCAA finals matches

Dake at 141
                    [YOUTUBE]JDbYIPNSUyY[/YOUTUBE]

Dake at 149
                    [YOUTUBE]obLu7rNIaNo[/YOUTUBE]

Dake at 157
                    [YOUTUBE]v53p3IJbBec[/YOUTUBE]

Dake at 165 vs David Taylor (NCAA's in March)
                    Match at Olympic Trials
                    [YOUTUBE]IKS3jr-fxdY[/YOUTUBE]

Dake vs. Taylor at All Star Classic
                    [YOUTUBE]A1uVNZo4tGg[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT:
                    Forgot abotu this match (Most recent). Their match at the Southern Scuffle was awesome. The frenzy at the beginning was stellar..
                    [YOUTUBE]_s6nDf4-5YM[/YOUTUBE]
                    Last edited by dabrockster; 02-21-2013, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Anyone watch Elimination Chamber? The Rock retained his belt.

He is on the verge of surpassing the Hulkster as the best ever.
                      *Banned*

Comment

When are the NCAA finals? I don't know much about wrestling, but I watched them on ESPN last year and it was awesome. Much like hockey, wrestling is much better in HD.
                        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                          NCAA finals matches

Dake at 141
                          [YOUTUBE]JDbYIPNSUyY[/YOUTUBE]

Dake at 149
                          [YOUTUBE]obLu7rNIaNo[/YOUTUBE]

Dake at 157
                          [YOUTUBE]v53p3IJbBec[/YOUTUBE]

Dake at 165 vs David Taylor (NCAA's in March)
                          Match at Olympic Trials
                          [YOUTUBE]IKS3jr-fxdY[/YOUTUBE]

Dake vs. Taylor at All Star Classic
                          [YOUTUBE]A1uVNZo4tGg[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT:
                          Forgot abotu this match (Most recent). Their match at the Southern Scuffle was awesome. The frenzy at the beginning was stellar..
                          [YOUTUBE]_s6nDf4-5YM[/YOUTUBE]
                          I really enjoyed watching those. The Dake-Taylor matches were amazing, especially the Olympic trial one. It seems at that level, one tiny mistake is the difference between winning and losing. There obviously isn't any love lost between those two.

I've never been around wrestling until the last 2 years, when my son started. He wrestled JV as a freshman at 138 & 145 and won about 2/3 of his matches. One of his friends just won state as a sophomore @ 120, in WA's biggest division. He was 44-0. He is very fun to watch,

Comment

Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                            When are the NCAA finals? I don't know much about wrestling, but I watched them on ESPN last year and it was awesome. Much like hockey, wrestling is much better in HD.
                            The NCAA's are March 21-23rd. They should be on ESPN again some time... The Semi's are usually the best matches of the Tourney. It is live or die at that time. You either make the finals or lose.. Some of the best matches I have ever seen were in the Semi's..

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                            I really enjoyed watching those. The Dake-Taylor matches were amazing, especially the Olympic trial one. It seems at that level, one tiny mistake is the difference between winning and losing. There obviously isn't any love lost between those two.

I've never been around wrestling until the last 2 years, when my son started. He wrestled JV as a freshman at 138 & 145 and won about 2/3 of his matches. One of his friends just won state as a sophomore @ 120, in WA's biggest division. He was 44-0. He is very fun to watch,

Wrestling usually gains fans by they way you just mentioned. It is not a sport that gains fans unless a sibling or child joins the sport and from there it grows..

For my family. My 2 older brothers started wrestling in middle school and we all followed suit and came to all the wrestling practices during the summer and tournaments we could get in too.. The rest is history...

Comment

Re: The Official "Real" Wrestling thread

At another tournament this morning. My son lost his first match 11-7 but almost had the pin to end the 3rd round. Other kids was saved by the bell

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Re: The Official "Real" Wrestling thread

Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
                                At another tournament this morning. My son lost his first match 11-7 but almost had the pin to end the 3rd round. Other kids was saved by the bell

Last his second match 8-6. Geez it's tough to watch your kids. The poor kid is there he just can't get over the hump.

"Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Working...
                                X