No announcement yet.

The Official "Real" Wrestling thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be leaving for St. Louis on Wednesday evening. I am excited to be there with some of my brother's... Looking forward to the opportunity to see Ohio St. Logan Stieber to win his 4th title. He has destroyed everyone this year. Technical fall in the finals of Big Ten Championships.

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
      I will be leaving for St. Louis on Wednesday evening. I am excited to be there with some of my brother's... Looking forward to the opportunity to see Ohio St. Logan Stieber to win his 4th title. He has destroyed everyone this year. Technical fall in the finals of Big Ten Championships.
      Damn technical falls. I hate those.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        Damn technical falls. I hate those.
        Considering if he had pinned him, Ohio St. would have won the Big Ten Championship outright instead of tying with Iowa. Yeah.. I wasn't too fond of it.. ;-)

Comment

Off to St. Louis.. Here's hoping Ohio St. can win the national title in wrestling as well.

Comment

It was a blast and had lots of fun with my a few of my brother's. Iowa battled but Ohio State won the team title in the end. But to top it off, Logan Stieber became only the 4th wrestler ever to win 4 national titles (Which include: Cael Sanderson, Pat Smith, Kyle Dake). he teched and pinned his way to the finals and beat his guy 11-5 in the finals. Pure domination.

Article:
            http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/cont...mpionship.html

And even cooler event took place when Matt Brown of Utah (Cypress HS) becamse the first ever Return Missionary for the church to win a national title. Matt Brown was a 3X All American for Penn St. and Cael Sanderson. He signed originally with Iowa St. when Cael was there, and after his mission, he joined Cael out in Penn St. Could not have happened to a better guy. All around great person.. Below is his interview and his coaches praising him. He had been labeled the guy who would do this and it was a ton of pressure heaped on him, but as most champions. He overcame and prevailed.. Such a cool thing to witness. We cheered him on when he finally got th title he had been striving for all of his life.

Pretty cool interview of Matt Brown and his coaches:
            Last edited by dabrockster; 03-23-2015, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Awesome video of wrestler's talking about the love of their sport and what it means to them:

Comment

Big 12 has expanded their conference for wresting. It will include the following schools..

The Big 12 Conference has added six affiliate members to its postseason wrestling competition as Air Force, Northern Colorado, North Dakota State, South Dakota State, Utah Valley and Wyoming will join Iowa State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and West Virginia in future Big 12 Wrestling Championships.
                http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling...ng-for-2015-16

Comment

Awesome interview on the Big Ten Network about the importance of mullet in wrestling. Sorry about the 15 second commercial before the vid.

https://youtu.be/UEGmmEFUYwg?t=165

Comment

So my 13-year-old is competing at the middle school district tournament today held at Centennial High School. This is his first year in the sport. He wrestled JV all season and did pretty well - going 6-2. His first match is against another kid that didn't have any varsity matches. The next round has a kid that went 7-1 in varsity matches. Double elimination tourney.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                      So my 13-year-old is competing at the middle school district tournament today held at Centennial High School. This is his first year in the sport. He wrestled JV all season and did pretty well - going 6-2. His first match is against another kid that didn't have any varsity matches. The next round has a kid that went 7-1 in varsity matches. Double elimination tourney.
                      Hey! My son is wrestling regionals today! I hate wrestling from a spectator's perspective, but it's an excellent sport for teaching work ethic, discipline, and confidence. My family are all basketball people, so it's hard on us to see a wrestler, but he's done pretty well.
                      sigpic
                      "Outlined against a blue, gray
                      October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                      Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                        Hey! My son is wrestling regionals today! I hate wrestling from a spectator's perspective, but it's an excellent sport for teaching work ethic, discipline, and confidence. My family are all basketball people, so it's hard on us to see a wrestler, but he's done pretty well.
                        My wife does not enjoy watching. I'm fine with it.

He lost his first match by pin in the first period. He thought he was bridging on his head but the official thought otherwise.

On to the consolation bracket. Best possible finish for him now is 3rd.

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• His second match is against a kid he lost against in his first match ever. The other kid controlled the match all the way through but they went to the third round before the other kid got the pin. Should be an interesting measure of how much he's progressed this year.

If he wins, he has to win four more matches to claim third place. If he loses, we get to go home and enjoy our Saturday. I'm torn.

- Goatnapper'96

Comment

His second match is against a kid he lost against in his first match ever. The other kid controlled the match all the way through but they went to the third round before the other kid got the pin. Should be an interesting measure of how much he's progressed this year.

If he wins, he has to win four more matches to claim third place. If he loses, we get to go home and enjoy our Saturday. I'm torn.

I hear you. I had to stay home, but my son won his first match with a 30-second pin. Those long tourneys are killers.
                            sigpic
                            "Outlined against a blue, gray
                            October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                            Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

His second match is against a kid he lost against in his first match ever. The other kid controlled the match all the way through but they went to the third round before the other kid got the pin. Should be an interesting measure of how much he's progressed this year.

Once again the other kid controlled the match from the beginning. I thought the time ran out in the second period, but the official called the pin with 1-2 seconds left.

I admittedly don't know the rules very well, but it seems like sometimes they take forever with what seems like an obvious pin while other times the whistles are very quick on questionable pins.

Either way, he probably wasn't going to win on points, but now he's just nonstop complaining about the "biased" official.

- Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Sad day for those who had hope BYU Wrestling would eventually come back.

Was just informed that BYU told the BYU Wrestling Club is not allowed to compete and is being removed as a club sport. I feel for the coach who volunteered his time money and effort for free to build up the program and had such a great season last year with kids placing at Nationals.

I do not understand the reasoning for not supporting a club that has no negative but a positive impact on your school and those who attend BYU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X