Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NRA. More important than you can possibly imagine:

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      The NRA. More important than you can possibly imagine:

How dare we show "hateful defiance of [the President's] legitimacy"? Next thing you know we'll start doing something really stupid or awful, like launching a multi-year campaign premised on Trump's birth in Azerbaijan.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        How dare we show "hateful defiance of [the President's] legitimacy"? Next thing you know we'll start doing something really stupid or awful, like launching a multi-year campaign premised on Trump's birth in Azerbaijan.
        It is almost like the two parties just switch the roles of persecuted and persecutee.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

• Picture Obama on a dais flanked by some 8 year olds with tracheotomies.
          hi

Comment

• Originally posted by bestellen View Post
            Picture Obama on a dais flanked by some 8 year olds with tracheotomies.
            Bestellen bringing it as usual.

Comment

• Just a local observation...

I always thought I had a "heathy" number of guns. Then I started inquiring about what my neighbors and friends have in the way of guns, including my Hillary and Bernie loving liberal ones. I also talk to my son's friends when they come over about what their parents have the way of guns. I have found that I am way behind in the neighbor "arm's race". I need to get some more guns.
              Last edited by Uncle Ted; 11-05-2017, 06:30 AM.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                Just a local observation...

I always thought I had a "heathy" number of guns. Then I started inquiring about what my neighbors and friends have in the way of guns, including my Hillary and Bernie loving liberal ones. I also talk to my son's friends when they come over about what their parents have the way of guns. I have found that I am way behind in the neighbor "arm's race". I need to get some more guns.
                Having set up Gun Trusts, you would be very surprised what some people have. I saw one person with over $500,000 in firearms (and know of some with quite a bit more), and most of these weren't pure collector weapons.
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                  Having set up Gun Trusts, you would be very surprised what some people have. I saw one person with over $500,000 in firearms (and know of some with quite a bit more), and most of these weren't pure collector weapons.
                  What the heck is a gun trust and why does one need one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Mostly for NFA items such as suppressors, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, etc. Without a trust, the owner is the only person who can legally use any of those; you can't even let a friend or family member use it when in your presence. Without a trust, if the owner dies, heirs have to pay a $200 tax per item, but with a trust, the firearm stays in the trust under the care of the successor trustee.

Comment

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                        Mostly for NFA items such as suppressors, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, etc. Without a trust, the owner is the only person who can legally use any of those; you can't even let a friend or family member use it when in your presence. Without a trust, if the owner dies, heirs have to pay a $200 tax per item, but with a trust, the firearm stays in the trust under the care of the successor trustee.
                        What about guns that don't have serial numbers? I.e., unregistered guns. I have been getting into that and starting to build my own guns (from 80% lowers, etc.)

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

What about guns that don't have serial numbers? I.e., unregistered guns. I have been getting into that and starting to build my own guns (from 80% lowers, etc.)

Gun trusts serve two purposes for NFA firearms and for transfer of other weapon in a private fashion. They do avoid the transfer fee once transferred. We have several versions of Gun Trusts, but they also avoid unintentional felonies.
                          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Been playing with this bad boy today. USA Today was right!

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Yes, can someone please explain this logic?

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X