Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    I think the game is attrition, just like with machine guns. In 1934, they were easy to get. Now, they are not. We stop the supply now, they will wear out. They will be used improperly and seized. They will be turned in in voluntary buy backs. But, we must required that every semi-automatic gun be registered, just like all machine guns. Your unrestricteds, on my Class Proposal, no registration, but every other kind must be registered. Anything else is contraband if not, and cannot be grandfathered in. But, we grandfather in the current guns, but make the transfer fees very high to discourage people buying more. In 80 years or so, our descendants will be glad that we took action, just like we're all glad now that kids can't go into a Dick's a buy a Thompson.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/b...ult-style-guns
    Who still goes to Dicks with the internet? https://gun.deals the "google" for guns
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Why not just ban gun powder? Guns would then be useless. Seems like an easy way to invalidate the 2nd amendment without repealing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        Why not just ban gun powder? Guns would then be useless. Seems like an easy way to invalidate the 2nd amendment without repealing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        A heavy tax on ammo isn’t a bad idea. Might be super expensive for Goatnapper to annually sprinkle spent shells all over an Idaho mountain as he continues in his futile effort to kill that elusive deer but whatta ya gonna do.

Comment

• Updated and Expanded. I'm not wedded to any of these ideas other than something needs to be done. Have at 'em.

Section I.

For the purposes of regulating firearms in the Several States, the following classes and restrictions shall be understood:
          Class 1 Air Rifles and Paintball Guns, all kinds -- unrestricted

Class 2 Muzzle-loading Black Powder Rifles and Pistols -- unrestricted

Class 3 Shotguns. Breach-loading, single shot or double-barrel (side-by-side or over-under), no pump action or semi-automatic. --unrestricted.

Class 4 Rimfire rifles (not semi-automatic) -- unrestricted

Class 5 Single-shot Centerfire Rifles & Pistols. Breach-loading: Bolt-action, pump-action, and lever-action single-shot rifles and pistols. -- Restricted to citizens of 21 years of age, any veteran of the US military, or any licensed hunter of any state of residence (subject to renewal and a federal hunting minimum standard).

Class 6 Pump-action or self-loading shotguns having a magazine capacity of 5 or fewer rounds. Restricted to citizens of 21 years of age, any veteran of the US military, or any licensed hunter of any state of residence (subject to renewal and a federal hunting minimum standard). Transfer fee of $200, can be inherited upon death of owner, tax free. Congress will write legislation to disallow trusts, et. al. to bypass transfer fee skipping.

Class 7 All self-loading, semi-automatic rifles with a magazine capacity of 5 rounds or less. Restricted to citizens of 21 years of age, any veteran of the US military, or any licensed hunter of any state of residence (subject to renewal and a federal hunting minimum standard). Transfer fee of $200, can be inherited upon death of owner, tax free. Trusts may not own guns. Congress will write legislation to disallow trusts, et. al. to bypass transfer fee skipping.

Class 8 Pump-action or self-loading shotguns having a magazine capacity of 6 or more rounds. Restricted. The Military, Law Enforcement, Firearms Manufacturers, Certain Agricultural Workers, Forest Rangers, Gun Collectors and Clay Pigeon Shooters may own Class 8 firearms as determined by Congress. Transfer fee of $2000, once every 2 years. Can be inherited upon death of owner, tax free. Congress will write legislation to disallow trusts, et. al. to bypass transfer fee skipping.

Class 9 All self-loading, semi-automatic rifles with a magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds. Restricted. The Military, Law Enforcement, Firearms Manufacturers, and Professional Shooters. Transfer fee of $2000, once every 2 years. Can be inherited upon death of owner, tax free. Congress will write legislation to disallow trusts, et. al. to bypass transfer fee skipping.

Class 10 All self-loading, semi-automatic handguns with a magazine capacity of more than 1 round. Highly Restricted. The Military; Law Enforcement; Firearms Manufacturers; Certain Agricultural Workers; Forest Rangers; Certain Security Guards--Duly Licensed in Each State; Residents of Certain Remote Parts of Alaska, Montana, Idaho, Maine, Texas, Wyoming, Arkansas, Nevada, Washington, and New Mexico, including members of any domestic dependent nations, as designated by Congress; Collectors; and Professional Shooters may own Class 10 firearms as determined by Congress AND State or Tribal Legislatures. Transfer fee of $5000, once every 5 years. Cannot be inherited upon death of owner without paying transfer fee of $2500. Museums may purchase collections at reduced transfer rates, but may not sell to individuals. Congress will write legislation to disallow trusts, et. al. to bypass transfer fee skipping.

Class 11 Fully-automatic or Any Other Weapon. Forbidden except to the Military and Law Enforcement. Congress will also pass legislation to end military surplus sharing to law enforcement. Only SWAT members will be allowed to use Class 11 weapons, and all police officers, when not deployed on SWAT duty will wear an agreed upon, recognizable uniform to mark them as peace officers, and not pseudo-military something-or-others. wuap is now editorializing. Transfer fee of $10,000 once every 10 years. Cannot be inherited without paying transfer fee of $5000. Congress will write legislation to disallow trusts, et. al. to bypass transfer fee skipping. Congress will also pass legislation to determine what percentage of parts of a Class 11 weapon may be transferred before it counts as a transfer under the once-per-decade rule.

All legally-owned guns, purchased prior to February 1, 2019, can be registered prior to June 1, 2019 for a one-time fee of $10, which will entitle the owner to having them grandfathered in to the system and not subject to seizure as contraband as prohibited or restricted weapons under the new law. Any gun in Classes 5-11 not registered after May 31, 2019 will be considered contraband and will be subject to seizure, and the person or persons found in possession thereof will be subject to federal and state penalties.

Congress hereby authorizes the ATF to purchase any Class 8-11 firearm from the citizenry at a fair market price, as determined by the CBO and GAO, plus a premium of 10% to encourage participation, after February 1, 2019 until February 1, 2022. The purchased firearms shall be inventoried, and the Joint Chiefs shall authorize any use or storage thereof for the benefit of the Armed Forces now, or in the future, with the balance either being sold or scrapped. Congress may, at its discretion, offer a one-time amnesty for registration of unregistered firearms, one time only, at any time up until June 1, 2039, after which it may not offer amnesty without a vote of support of at least 75% in both Houses of Congress.

Section II Uncle Ted's Law

The manufacture of firearms shall only be accomplished under a license from the federal government. The machining, printing, creation, or rendering of a working firearm, even if for personal use, shall require permission and license from the federal government, regardless of the class of weapon produced, as defined in Section I. The license to manufacture a firearm at home shall cost $10000 per weapon. Violation of this section will result is civil forfeiture, upon conviction, of all real and personal property of the offender at the place of manufacture.

Section III. Dealing

All gun dealers must be vetted by the FBI, ATF, and IRS. Furthermore, gun sellers who do not wish to sell exclusively to the military and law enforcement agencies must maintain a physical retail location, open to the public, with set regular business hours, at least 200 days per year, and must specialize solely in the sale of guns, ammunition, and their accouterments, as determined by federal and state law.

Section IV.

All fees and taxes shall increase annually with the cost of living as determined by the Bureau of Labor and Statistics.

Section V.

Congress shall have license to pass legislation to promote innovation in the field of ballistics.

Section VI.

The role of the police in American society is to keep the peace, to protect, and to serve. The role of the military is to defend the country against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Except in times of war or during martial law, the military may not be used as a police force. The police may not be militarized. Congress shall power to enforce this by appropriate legislation.

Not sure about section 3 yet, but something has to be done to prevent everyone from becoming a "dealer."

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            A heavy tax on ammo isn’t a bad idea. Might be super expensive for Goatnapper to annually sprinkle spent shells all over an Idaho mountain as he continues in his futile effort to kill that elusive deer but whatta ya gonna do.
            Hey there I am a trained killer and manager of violence. There is no reason to waste ammo on something you do not yet see. The is tactically and financially irresponsible. Marksmanship might be my problem as well but until we fix my target acquisition issues we will not know whether or not I suck at that too.
            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              Why not just ban gun powder? Guns would then be useless. Seems like an easy way to invalidate the 2nd amendment without repealing it.
              If Captain Kirk can make gun powder and build a gun with diamond bullets on an alien planet and kill the Gorn then it shouldn't be too hard for the rest of us to make... From one of the best episodes (the good part is about 3 minutes in):

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Let's be clear... that isn't how we do it in Texas:

Denton County Sheriff reminds deputies: In an active shooter situation, 'we go in and do our duty'

If you aren't willing to take immediate action in an active shooter situation, you can be reassigned, Denton County Sheriff Tracy Murphree reminded deputies in a memo Tuesday.

"We do not stage and wait for SWAT, we do not take cover in a parking lot, and we do not wait for any other agency," he wrote. "We go in and do our duty."

The memo comes after a Florida sheriff announced that the deputy on duty at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School when a 19-year-old opened fire, killing 17 people, never went in the school. The deputy, Scot Peterson, has since resigned.
                [...]
                Denton County's Murphree said he wanted to make his policy on active shooter response clear in response to the Florida school shooting on Feb. 14.

"All commissioned Deputies if you respond to an active shooter, you are expected to take immediate action," Murphree wrote.
                "We go in to engage and stop the shooter and save lives," he said in the memo, which was shared on Twitter with a message saying there is "NO DOUBT" where the office stands.
                https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dent...uation-go-duty
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
                    Yeah, I am the mental one here.

You have done this with me and others, but you regularly insert words and thoughts into my mouth and mind, respectively, that I have not said (written) or thought. I say it's foolish and disconnected from history to say that bad things could NEVER happen here and you run with that to think I have fantasies about bad things happening here.

I have seen you go bonkers at people on this board multiple times and you regularly insult anyone who disagrees with you. You have never met me and you don't know me. You have posted on this board over 13,000 times. Check yourself and get a life, man.
                    while i do think you’re a dumbass, i was just fooling around man. who hasn’t been the recipient of a good goof now and then?
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      while i do think you’re a dumbass, i was just fooling around man. who hasn’t been the recipient of a good goof now and then?
                      Eddie. No one ever rips on that guy. He's due.
                      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        Eddie. No one ever rips on that guy. He's due.
                        If you're talking about me, I can assure you that OG has creatively called me a dumbass on more than one occasion.

He may have even been right once.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                          If you're talking about me, I can assure you that OG has creatively called me a dumbass on more than one occasion.

He may have even been right once.
                          If OG calls you a dumbass that means he likes you.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• The polarity of the US on this issue is striking. What do you think the numbers of the people are along the issues? Is it roughly 1/3 right wing don't mess with the 2nd Amendment, 1/3 left wing get rid of guns, and 1/3 somewhere in between?

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              If OG calls you a dumbass that means he likes you.
                              All I ever get is dingus.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                                The polarity of the US on this issue is striking. What do you think the numbers of the people are along the issues? Is it roughly 1/3 right wing don't mess with the 2nd Amendment, 1/3 left wing get rid of guns, and 1/3 somewhere in between?
                                I hope we in the center will save us all. Getting rid of guns completely will start a war. Not changing anything, or relaxing the laws like my brother wants to do is stupid and will make things worse. The Center, with stuff like I proposed, will bring us to the negotiating table. Mine is probably too far, but negotiating a solution that works for both sides OF THE CENTER, can help things along.

Comment

Working...
                                X