Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
    "Time to Go Ask Your Local Progressive Bakery to Bake an NRA Cake"

Whose hilarious idea was this- Rush's or Hannity's?
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Wal-mart has joined Dick's in raising age to buy guns to 21. They're not even selling toys or airguns that look like assault weapons. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/b...le-rifles.html
      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
        Wal-mart has joined Dick's in raising age to buy guns to 21. They're not even selling toys or airguns that look like assault weapons. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/b...le-rifles.html
        Ha! Rednecks are now between a rock and a hard place. There’s no way they can boycott Walmart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          Ha! Rednecks are now between a rock and a hard place. There’s no way they can boycott Walmart.

I guess there was an earthquake in Arkansas today.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• I am always late to the party... Maybe I need to break down and get my NRA membership.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              Updated and Expanded. I'm not wedded to any of these ideas other than something needs to be done. Have at 'em.

Section I.

For the purposes of regulating firearms in the Several States, the following classes and restrictions shall be understood:
              Class 1 Air Rifles and Paintball Guns, all kinds -- unrestricted

Class 2 Muzzle-loading Black Powder Rifles and Pistols -- unrestricted

Class 3 Shotguns. Breach-loading, single shot or double-barrel (side-by-side or over-under), no pump action or semi-automatic. --unrestricted.

Class 4 Rimfire rifles (not semi-automatic) -- unrestricted

Class 5 Single-shot Centerfire Rifles & Pistols. Breach-loading: Bolt-action, pump-action, and lever-action single-shot rifles and pistols. -- Restricted to citizens of 21 years of age, any veteran of the US military, or any licensed hunter of any state of residence (subject to renewal and a federal hunting minimum standard).

Class 6 Pump-action or self-loading shotguns having a magazine capacity of 5 or fewer rounds. Restricted to citizens of 21 years of age, any veteran of the US military, or any licensed hunter of any state of residence (subject to renewal and a federal hunting minimum standard). Transfer fee of $200, can be inherited upon death of owner, tax free. Congress will write legislation to disallow trusts, et. al. to bypass transfer fee skipping.

Class 7 All self-loading, semi-automatic rifles with a magazine capacity of 5 rounds or less. Restricted to citizens of 21 years of age, any veteran of the US military, or any licensed hunter of any state of residence (subject to renewal and a federal hunting minimum standard). Transfer fee of $200, can be inherited upon death of owner, tax free. Trusts may not own guns. Congress will write legislation to disallow trusts, et. al. to bypass transfer fee skipping.

Class 8 Pump-action or self-loading shotguns having a magazine capacity of 6 or more rounds. Restricted. The Military, Law Enforcement, Firearms Manufacturers, Certain Agricultural Workers, Forest Rangers, Gun Collectors and Clay Pigeon Shooters may own Class 8 firearms as determined by Congress. Transfer fee of $2000, once every 2 years. Can be inherited upon death of owner, tax free. Congress will write legislation to disallow trusts, et. al. to bypass transfer fee skipping.

Class 9 All self-loading, semi-automatic rifles with a magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds. Restricted. The Military, Law Enforcement, Firearms Manufacturers, and Professional Shooters. Transfer fee of $2000, once every 2 years. Can be inherited upon death of owner, tax free. Congress will write legislation to disallow trusts, et. al. to bypass transfer fee skipping.

Class 10 All self-loading, semi-automatic handguns with a magazine capacity of more than 1 round. Highly Restricted. The Military; Law Enforcement; Firearms Manufacturers; Certain Agricultural Workers; Forest Rangers; Certain Security Guards--Duly Licensed in Each State; Residents of Certain Remote Parts of Alaska, Montana, Idaho, Maine, Texas, Wyoming, Arkansas, Nevada, Washington, and New Mexico, including members of any domestic dependent nations, as designated by Congress; Collectors; and Professional Shooters may own Class 10 firearms as determined by Congress AND State or Tribal Legislatures. Transfer fee of $5000, once every 5 years. Cannot be inherited upon death of owner without paying transfer fee of $2500. Museums may purchase collections at reduced transfer rates, but may not sell to individuals. Congress will write legislation to disallow trusts, et. al. to bypass transfer fee skipping.

Class 11 Fully-automatic or Any Other Weapon. Forbidden except to the Military and Law Enforcement. Congress will also pass legislation to end military surplus sharing to law enforcement. Only SWAT members will be allowed to use Class 11 weapons, and all police officers, when not deployed on SWAT duty will wear an agreed upon, recognizable uniform to mark them as peace officers, and not pseudo-military something-or-others. wuap is now editorializing. Transfer fee of $10,000 once every 10 years. Cannot be inherited without paying transfer fee of $5000. Congress will write legislation to disallow trusts, et. al. to bypass transfer fee skipping. Congress will also pass legislation to determine what percentage of parts of a Class 11 weapon may be transferred before it counts as a transfer under the once-per-decade rule.

All legally-owned guns, purchased prior to February 1, 2019, can be registered prior to June 1, 2019 for a one-time fee of $10, which will entitle the owner to having them grandfathered in to the system and not subject to seizure as contraband as prohibited or restricted weapons under the new law. Any gun in Classes 5-11 not registered after May 31, 2019 will be considered contraband and will be subject to seizure, and the person or persons found in possession thereof will be subject to federal and state penalties.

Congress hereby authorizes the ATF to purchase any Class 8-11 firearm from the citizenry at a fair market price, as determined by the CBO and GAO, plus a premium of 10% to encourage participation, after February 1, 2019 until February 1, 2022. The purchased firearms shall be inventoried, and the Joint Chiefs shall authorize any use or storage thereof for the benefit of the Armed Forces now, or in the future, with the balance either being sold or scrapped. Congress may, at its discretion, offer a one-time amnesty for registration of unregistered firearms, one time only, at any time up until June 1, 2039, after which it may not offer amnesty without a vote of support of at least 75% in both Houses of Congress.

Section II Uncle Ted's Law

The manufacture of firearms shall only be accomplished under a license from the federal government. The machining, printing, creation, or rendering of a working firearm, even if for personal use, shall require permission and license from the federal government, regardless of the class of weapon produced, as defined in Section I. The license to manufacture a firearm at home shall cost $10000 per weapon. Violation of this section will result is civil forfeiture, upon conviction, of all real and personal property of the offender at the place of manufacture.

Section III. Dealing

All gun dealers must be vetted by the FBI, ATF, and IRS. Furthermore, gun sellers who do not wish to sell exclusively to the military and law enforcement agencies must maintain a physical retail location, open to the public, with set regular business hours, at least 200 days per year, and must specialize solely in the sale of guns, ammunition, and their accouterments, as determined by federal and state law.

Section IV.

All fees and taxes shall increase annually with the cost of living as determined by the Bureau of Labor and Statistics.

Section V.

Congress shall have license to pass legislation to promote innovation in the field of ballistics.

Section VI.

The role of the police in American society is to keep the peace, to protect, and to serve. The role of the military is to defend the country against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Except in times of war or during martial law, the military may not be used as a police force. The police may not be militarized. Congress shall power to enforce this by appropriate legislation.

Not sure about section 3 yet, but something has to be done to prevent everyone from becoming a "dealer."

Throw in a bunch of gratuitous Latin and you're golden.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

I am always late to the party... Maybe I need to break down and get my NRA membership.
                You are a Republican so you ought to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

I am always late to the party... Maybe I need to break down and get my NRA membership.
                  lol, sure.

Russian bots hard at work.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                    Shots. Fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Trump’s gun meeting went off the rails quickly

Less than half an hour into his meeting with lawmakers on Wednesday, President Trump urged the illegal confiscation of guns, told a Republican (to his face) that he was scared of the NRA and threw a series of wrenches into Congress's legislative strategy on guns.

In other words, another meeting with Trump.

This was the second time in 2018 that Trump has allowed the media to film a meeting with lawmakers — the first was on immigration — but the result was quite familiar: A president who seems to not know exactly what he wants to do tends to insert strange comments into the very serious business of legislating. Trump also repeatedly instructed lawmakers on whether to combine specific gun proposals or not — regularly drawing noncommittal or even exasperated responses.
                      Totally useless meeting in actually making progress on any of this, but a brilliant, brilliant move by POTUS. He gets to look like he's at the forefront of trying to get something done. He get's to look like he's standing up to the NRA. He gets to look like he cares about the kids. All this without really doing anything.

He knows the Repubs in Congress aren't coming back with a bill that raises the age for gun purchases, bans assault weapons, and requires rigorous background checks. So if something does come for his signature (a big if), he can call the Congress Repubs a bunch of scaredy cats and lament that he wishes it was stronger, but c'est la vie (he won't use French, he'll actually say some like, "I told you this would happen. I'm wondering if any of those congressional repubs would have followed me into that school to help save those kids."), and then sign it.
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• The link below should be in the Blink blink blink thread, but sadly it belongs here, in a forum about politics ...

A Pennsylvania Church Held A Gun Commitment Ceremony Where People Wore Bullet Crowns

http://digg.com/2018/sanctuary-churc...mitment-photos

Comment

What? Libertarians hate guns?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• So, Wuap's proposal is focused on some pretty aggressive firearm limitations. I'm OK talking about that.

But I'd like to also take a closer look at another piece of the equation.

We keep hearing about people who have guns that shouldn't have been able to purchase them. Is that because they had mental health issues? Were they somehow identified but slipped through the cracks and didn't make it into some databased of people who can't purchase guns? How do we shore up fixing those issues?

We also keep hearing "they just need to enforce the current laws!" So - does anyone know which of the current laws are not being enforced? And what the consequences of enforcing them would be?

Finally - do there need to be additional consequences for people who commit crimes with guns? Whether you actually shoot the thing or not - if you use a gun there are minimum mandatories? If you are a felon on parole who isn't supposed to have a gun and get caught with one, what are the consequences? If you are committing a second (or third) offense with a gun, what are the consequences?

Like I said - I'm OK talking about change and fixing loopholes. But the reality is that school shootings and mass shootings are a drop in the bucket. If we're serious about reducing gun violence, lets talk about impacting the areas where most of the violence occurs.

Comment

• Interesting overview of Canadian gun laws vs. US gun laws. Still lots of guns and hunting in Canada but a small fraction of gun violence/mass shootings.

https://www.nationalobserver.com/201...ompare-canadas
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

If Drumpf represents today's republican party then I am definitely not one...

BETRAYAL: Trump Says Government Should 'Take The Guns First, Go Through Due Process Second'

On Wednesday, President Trump met with Congressional Democrats and Republicans to discuss measures to bolster student security in the aftermath of the Parkland, Florida massacre. There, Trump proceeded to make an anti-Second Amendment statement so radical that it put President Obama’s gun control sermons in the shade.

“I don’t want mentally ill people to be having guns,” Trump said. He continued:
                                You have to do something very decisive. Number one, you can take the guns away immediately from people that you can adjudge easily are mentally ill, like this guy. You know, the police saw that he was a problem, they didn’t take any guns away. Now, that could have been policing. I think they should have taken them away anyway, whether they had the right or not. But I’ll tell you this, you have to have very strong provisions for the mentally ill.
                                Just in case you missed the part where Trump explicitly denounced due process of law, he repeated it again.

After Vice President Mike Pence explained that Republicans in Congress wanted legislation that could allow friends and family members to apply to a court to suspend Second Amendment rights for the dangerously mentally ill, and stated that with such due process, Second Amendment rights would not be endangered, Trump stepped in.
                                Or, Mike, take the firearms first, and then go to court. Because that’s another system, because a lot of times, by the time you go to court, it takes so long to go to court to get the due process procedures, I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida. … To go to court would have taken a long time. So you could do exactly what you’re saying, but take the guns first, go through due process second.
                                [...]
                                https://www.dailywire.com/news/27706...ns-ben-shapiro

WTF, man! Forget "give your guns to Hitler"... Hitler is going to just take them away.

Someone has to stop this madman!
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X