Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Good thing he had a round in the chamber. If he were attacked, it would be crazy to have to chamber a round!
    You don't think cops should carry with bullets in the chamber?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
      They should, but only while in California high schools.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
          So therefore ban guns from schools? Guns were already banned at that school.
          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
            So therefore ban guns from schools? Guns were already banned at that school.
            No. Guns were already banned at that school. When someone brings a gun to a school, especially if they are, say, encouraged and/or licensed to kill, this is bound to happen. Inadvertent discharges are bound to happen.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

No. Guns were already banned at that school. When someone brings a gun to a school, especially if they are, say, encouraged and/or licensed to kill, this is bound to happen. Inadvertent discharges are bound to happen.
              As is people bringing guns to school, even if they are banned. So....

Comment

As is people bringing guns to school, even if they are banned. So....
                I can't tell if you're being coy, obtuse, or just putting up facile arguments because you're bored. But, knock it off.
                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I can't tell if you're being coy, obtuse, or just putting up facile arguments because you're bored. But, knock it off.
                  I might have said the same thing.

This episode doesn't suggest that a carefully implemented program allowing teachers to carry-- with clear instructions about what is and is not permissible-- is not possible or even preferable. The dummy violated any number of rules and policies.

Comment

I might have said the same thing.

This episode doesn't suggest that a carefully implemented program allowing teachers to carry-- with clear instructions about what is and is not permissible-- is not possible or even preferable. The dummy violated any number of rules and policies.
                    I bet you a shiny penny (shiny!) that if teachers start carrying--even with clear instruction--this is bound to happen when you bring guns into schools--because, humans make mistakes or don't follow rules and policies.

Even with following policies or with trained professionals, mistakes will be made:

or with NRA-certified Master Instructors who think they know what they're doing, but are actually very dangerous. I would've never, ever stayed for this guy's class with him handling that weapon the way he was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ug2fIcln34

Comment

I bet you a shiny penny (shiny!) that if teachers start carrying--even with clear instruction--this is bound to happen when you bring guns into schools--because, humans make mistakes or don't follow rules and policies.

Even with following policies or with trained professionals, mistakes will be made:

or with NRA-certified Master Instructors who think they know what they're doing, but are actually very dangerous. I would've never, ever stayed for this guy's class with him handling that weapon the way he was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ug2fIcln34
                      Teachers in Utah have had the option to pack for more than a decade. As far as I know there's never been an incident.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                        Teachers in Utah have had the option to pack for more than a decade. As far as I know there's never been an incident.
                        https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...om.html?pg=all

Comment

• Ok one incident. BFD

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                            Ok one incident. BFD
                            Yes, I agree, it is a big fucking deal.

Comment

Yes, I agree, it is a big fucking deal.
                              One out of hundreds, possibly thousands, of teachers that carry concealed had an accidental discharge most likely because she pulled her pants down wrong in the can. She shouldn't have had one in the chamber anyway.

That's a pretty decent track record.

Comment

I bet you it will happen whether or not you allow guns in school. In fact, it just did.

Comment

Working...
                                X