Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
    The other lesson to draw from this is to not solely rely on the professionals to save you.
    Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    "no, cops will not protect you so you might have to do it yourself, man".
    the only lesson, huh?
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      the only lesson, huh?
      no, man... lots of lessons. Like the background check system needs a major overhaul because the FBI/Feb is full of clueless SoBs. Not to mention the Florida state social services and mental health officials ruled that Cruz was "low risk" even though they found videos of him cutting himself up and playing with guns. It is not like this is the first time a crazy has slipped past the fed background check system. Heads need to roll, bro.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        the only lesson, huh?
        Arm the kids, starting at age 12, when they are eligible for the priesthood. Problem solved!

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
          Arm the kids, starting at age 12, when they are eligible for the priesthood. Problem solved!
          Frank, don't get soft on me, man. Not now. You need to get your dem friends to call their congressman and demand to repeal the 2nd amendment! We need more than just tears out of the dems this time.

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              Cops are under no obligation to protect and serve... He was most likely waiting for the SWAT team to arrive. Yet another example of "no, cops will not protect you so you might have to do it yourself, man".

So let me get this straight:

1. the shooter had like 39 reports to the police including using a gun against people before! WTF! Using a gun against people!

2. there were even a couple of calls to the FBI concerning him. Of course, the FBI is too busy looking for Russian hackers so we shouldn't bother them.

3. there are lots of reports from fellow students that Cruz was off his rocker and he may do something crazy.

4. Cruz was a known trouble maker and went to a special school for children with emotional and behavioral disabilities.

So even with all the above Cruz walks into a gun shop and passes a background check with flying colors? Something tells me that isn't the way background checks should be implemented, dude.

H1vogIkU4YgRWChXpj6Ff1YcdXSXGhqPt-tWN2GdzZk.jpg
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Frank, don't get soft on me, man. Not now. You need to get your dem friends to call their congressman and demand to repeal the 2nd amendment! We need more than just tears out of the dems this time.
                This kind of hubris is what will eventually get the 2nd amendment repealed.

Today my country-girl wife asked me why in the hell do people need to own AR-15s. You pile up enough dead kids in schools and the hearts and minds of Americans are going to change.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Today my country-girl wife asked me why in the hell do people need to own AR-15s. You pile up enough dead kids in schools and the hearts and minds of Americans are going to change.
                  Yep
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Agreed. But guns will always be owned, it just might not be a constitutional right. There are way too many needs for guns in areas of the country (hunting, protection against wildlife, sport, etc) to not allow them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                      This is absolutely devastating. Those kids desperately needed him. How could you be armed, know it's your job to protect, listen to that gunfire and those screams, and then just sit there?

This is also a bit reminiscent of the Vegas shooting. A bunch of armed cops were positioned in the hotel stairwell and sat there and waited for minutes and minutes while the shooting continued. That could have been stopped sooner, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        Agreed. But guns will always be owned, it just might not be a constitutional right. There are way too many needs for guns in areas of the country (hunting, protection against wildlife, sport, etc) to not allow them.
                        Yep.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• this is my son's HS. https://www.nbclosangeles.com/on-air...474932353.html

he went to school today but we were pretty nervous about it, which is evidence of the crazy world we now live in.
                          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Texas is being invaded, Dude... We need to protect our land!

BTW, what exactly is an assault rifle, anyways?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• agree, ted--all semi automatic rifles should be banned. handgun and shotgun magazines should be capped at 10 rounds. we should treat ammo purchases like we do gun purchases.
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Texas is being invaded, Dude... We need to protect our land!

BTW, what exactly is an assault rifle, anyways?

when mass school killers start using min 14s, maybe we can ban them too.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X