Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
    Are you really basing an argument on the number of cartoons each position has? BTW, the FL shooter tried to get out alive, and the confiscated journal of the thwarted shooter in NH showed a considerable amount of thought given to taking out the only armed person in the school.
    Um, no. I was referencing UT's penchant for using cartoons a lot in this thread, and was wondering if there was one that was more based on reality. I'm still not convinced most potential mass shooters are making a rational decision about which school to start shooting up, based on how many staff might have guns.

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Attempted massacres, where the shooter is shot before his gets to "go out in blaze of glory", are the ones we don't hear about. The news doesn't like to cover those, unfortunately. Those stories are not very interesting and the only person you feel sad for is the shooter because he is the only one that got shot and died. It was the gun's fault anyway.
    So we're not hearing these stories? How many are out there? I'm genuinely curious.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• I guess we can shut down these discussions on school shootings as Florida has figured it out. Just get God back in schools and the problems will go away.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gradeb...ublic-schools/

With the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High shooting still looming large, its students in the Capitol to lobby for gun controls, the Florida House overwhelmingly passed a measure Wednesday its sponsor said aimed at bringing "light" to the schools.

The bill (HB 839) would require all public schools to post the state motto, "In God We Trust," in a "conspicuous place."
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• i guess the power of christ is pretty compelling
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          I guess we can shut down these discussions on school shootings as Florida has figured it out. Just get God back in schools and the problems will go away.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gradeb...ublic-schools/
          I did see a facebook meme that asked the question "If there is a God, why does he allow things like this to happen?"

The answer was "We don't allow God in school anymore."

Pretty compelling!

Comment

• If notoriety is a driving force behind these mass shootings, does that make the protesting these students are doing counterproductive?

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              So we're not hearing these stories? How many are out there? I'm genuinely curious.
              Hard to say... Which part about these stories usually don't make CNN's headlines did you not understand? In fact, sometimes shooting the shooter may not even be required:

But I am all for the dems proposing that we repeal the 2nd amendment... so stop arguing and call your congressman! Go big or go home!
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                But I am all for the dems proposing that we repeal the 2nd amendment... so stop arguing and call your congressman! Go big or go home!
                Given our current trajectory, that day will come. Just a matter of time.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                  If notoriety is a driving force behind these mass shootings, does that make the protesting these students are doing counterproductive?
                  No, the students are getting out of school to do it (more copycat shooters, more time out of school)... except in Texas.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    Hard to say... Which part about these stories usually don't make CNN's headlines did you not understand? In fact, sometimes shooting the shooter may not even be required:

Well you're the one who doesn't trust CNN. Don't you have an alternative news service that documents these occurrences?

I will file the 1973 incident away as one data point though.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Given our current trajectory, that day will come. Just a matter of time.
                      The dems need to hurry up before I (or any kid) can just say, "Hey Siri, print me up a 1911 with pearl handle grips..." Then it will be too late.

Guns will get pretty damn scary when the robots take over and start making them.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                        i guess the power of christ is pretty compelling
                        Yeah, the general moral decay and coarsening of society and the increasing lack of belief in an afterlife has nothing to do with society's problems and reversing the trend would not help anything at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
                          Yeah, the general moral decay and coarsening of society and the increasing lack of belief in an afterlife has nothing to do with society's problems and reversing the trend would not help anything at all.
                          yes, moral decay and coarse behavior is certainly a new and unique problem caused by a lack of religious participation

Comment

• Thanks. I just learned some things.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• an armed, trained school resource officer allegedly sat outside knowingly while the shooting occurred. but, sure, a teacher being paid $35k per year will surely be incentivized to act differently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crockett View Post
                                Trump is the embodiment of moral decay and social coarsening.

Comment

Working...
                                X