Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1344

Thread: Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    If Drumpf represents today's republican party then I am definitely not one...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/27706...ns-ben-shapiro

WTF, man! Forget "give your guns to Hitler"... Hitler is going to just take them away.

Someone has to stop this madman!
    Hack!

I tell you, Trump's lack of concern for due process is a much bigger threat than black helicopters.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Interesting overview of Canadian gun laws vs. US gun laws. Still lots of guns and hunting in Canada but a small fraction of gun violence/mass shootings.

https://www.nationalobserver.com/201...ompare-canadas
    Given all those scary guns in the USA maybe Canada should seriously consider building a wall along its southern border as well.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Given all those scary guns in the USA maybe Canada should seriously consider building a wall along its southern border as well.
    Worked for the East Germans to keep out that decadent West Berlin culture of crime and greed! At least that's what the Russian propaganda said, and we know that's more reliable than the US mainstream media, right? Ask our president, he knows.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Interesting overview of Canadian gun laws vs. US gun laws. Still lots of guns and hunting in Canada but a small fraction of gun violence/mass shootings.

https://www.nationalobserver.com/201...ompare-canadas
    Have you seen the wait times for gun violence in Canada? They are just coming across the border and shooting things up here.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    Have you seen the wait times for gun violence in Canada? They are just coming across the border and shooting things up here.

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    Updated and Expanded. I'm not wedded to any of these ideas other than something needs to be done. Have at 'em.

Section I.

For the purposes of regulating firearms in the Several States, the following classes and restrictions shall be understood:
    Class 1 Air Rifles and Paintball Guns, all kinds -- unrestricted

Class 2 Muzzle-loading Black Powder Rifles and Pistols -- unrestricted

Class 3 Shotguns. Breach-loading, single shot or double-barrel (side-by-side or over-under), no pump action or semi-automatic. --unrestricted.

Class 4 Rimfire rifles (not semi-automatic) -- unrestricted

Class 5 Single-shot Centerfire Rifles & Pistols. Breach-loading: Bolt-action, pump-action, and lever-action single-shot rifles and pistols. -- Restricted to citizens of 21 years of age, any veteran of the US military, or any licensed hunter of any state of residence (subject to renewal and a federal hunting minimum standard).

Class 6 Pump-action or self-loading shotguns having a magazine capacity of 5 or fewer rounds. Restricted to citizens of 21 years of age, any veteran of the US military, or any licensed hunter of any state of residence (subject to renewal and a federal hunting minimum standard). Transfer fee of $200, can be inherited upon death of owner, tax free. Congress will write legislation to disallow trusts, et. al. to bypass transfer fee skipping.

Class 7 All self-loading, semi-automatic rifles with a magazine capacity of 5 rounds or less. Restricted to citizens of 21 years of age, any veteran of the US military, or any licensed hunter of any state of residence (subject to renewal and a federal hunting minimum standard). Transfer fee of $200, can be inherited upon death of owner, tax free. Trusts may not own guns. Congress will write legislation to disallow trusts, et. al. to bypass transfer fee skipping.

Class 8 Pump-action or self-loading shotguns having a magazine capacity of 6 or more rounds. Restricted. The Military, Law Enforcement, Firearms Manufacturers, Certain Agricultural Workers, Forest Rangers, Gun Collectors and Clay Pigeon Shooters may own Class 8 firearms as determined by Congress. Transfer fee of $2000, once every 2 years. Can be inherited upon death of owner, tax free. Congress will write legislation to disallow trusts, et. al. to bypass transfer fee skipping.

Class 9 All self-loading, semi-automatic rifles with a magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds. Restricted. The Military, Law Enforcement, Firearms Manufacturers, and Professional Shooters. Transfer fee of $2000, once every 2 years. Can be inherited upon death of owner, tax free. Congress will write legislation to disallow trusts, et. al. to bypass transfer fee skipping.

Class 10 All self-loading, semi-automatic handguns with a magazine capacity of more than 1 round. Highly Restricted. The Military; Law Enforcement; Firearms Manufacturers; Certain Agricultural Workers; Forest Rangers; Certain Security Guards--Duly Licensed in Each State; Residents of Certain Remote Parts of Alaska, Montana, Idaho, Maine, Texas, Wyoming, Arkansas, Nevada, Washington, and New Mexico, including members of any domestic dependent nations, as designated by Congress; Collectors; and Professional Shooters may own Class 10 firearms as determined by Congress AND State or Tribal Legislatures. Transfer fee of $5000, once every 5 years. Cannot be inherited upon death of owner without paying transfer fee of $2500. Museums may purchase collections at reduced transfer rates, but may not sell to individuals. Congress will write legislation to disallow trusts, et. al. to bypass transfer fee skipping.

Class 11 Fully-automatic or Any Other Weapon. Forbidden except to the Military and Law Enforcement. Congress will also pass legislation to end military surplus sharing to law enforcement. Only SWAT members will be allowed to use Class 11 weapons, and all police officers, when not deployed on SWAT duty will wear an agreed upon, recognizable uniform to mark them as peace officers, and not pseudo-military something-or-others. wuap is now editorializing. Transfer fee of $10,000 once every 10 years. Cannot be inherited without paying transfer fee of $5000. Congress will write legislation to disallow trusts, et. al. to bypass transfer fee skipping. Congress will also pass legislation to determine what percentage of parts of a Class 11 weapon may be transferred before it counts as a transfer under the once-per-decade rule.

All legally-owned guns, purchased prior to February 1, 2019, can be registered prior to June 1, 2019 for a one-time fee of $10, which will entitle the owner to having them grandfathered in to the system and not subject to seizure as contraband as prohibited or restricted weapons under the new law. Any gun in Classes 5-11 not registered after May 31, 2019 will be considered contraband and will be subject to seizure, and the person or persons found in possession thereof will be subject to federal and state penalties.

Congress hereby authorizes the ATF to purchase any Class 8-11 firearm from the citizenry at a fair market price, as determined by the CBO and GAO, plus a premium of 10% to encourage participation, after February 1, 2019 until February 1, 2022. The purchased firearms shall be inventoried, and the Joint Chiefs shall authorize any use or storage thereof for the benefit of the Armed Forces now, or in the future, with the balance either being sold or scrapped. Congress may, at its discretion, offer a one-time amnesty for registration of unregistered firearms, one time only, at any time up until June 1, 2039, after which it may not offer amnesty without a vote of support of at least 75% in both Houses of Congress.

Section II Uncle Ted's Law

The manufacture of firearms shall only be accomplished under a license from the federal government. The machining, printing, creation, or rendering of a working firearm, even if for personal use, shall require permission and license from the federal government, regardless of the class of weapon produced, as defined in Section I. The license to manufacture a firearm at home shall cost $10000 per weapon. Violation of this section will result is civil forfeiture, upon conviction, of all real and personal property of the offender at the place of manufacture.

Section III. Dealing

All gun dealers must be vetted by the FBI, ATF, and IRS. Furthermore, gun sellers who do not wish to sell exclusively to the military and law enforcement agencies must maintain a physical retail location, open to the public, with set regular business hours, at least 200 days per year, and must specialize solely in the sale of guns, ammunition, and their accouterments, as determined by federal and state law.

Section IV.

All fees and taxes shall increase annually with the cost of living as determined by the Bureau of Labor and Statistics.

Section V.

Congress shall have license to pass legislation to promote innovation in the field of ballistics.

Section VI.

The role of the police in American society is to keep the peace, to protect, and to serve. The role of the military is to defend the country against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Except in times of war or during martial law, the military may not be used as a police force. The police may not be militarized. Congress shall power to enforce this by appropriate legislation.

Not sure about section 3 yet, but something has to be done to prevent everyone from becoming a "dealer."

Wow... this is great! Especially section 2. But how does it fix the law enforcement problem? That is, the multiple failures by law enforcement at the local, state, and federal levels to stop the Florida school killer when they were repeatedly informed about the killer by the public and the police not stopping him even while the killing was going on? You need another section for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Princeps Inter Pares

Wow... this is great! Especially section 2. But how does it fix the law enforcement problem? That is, the multiple failures by law enforcement at the local, state, and federal levels to stop the Florida school killer when they were repeatedly informed about the killer by the public and the police not stopping him even while the killing was going on? You need another section for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's in section VII-- the "no, really" clause. It simply incorporates sections 1 through 6 by reference.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

When did Kroger start selling guns? "Hey man, stop off at the Kroger... I need to get an AR-15 and a case of beer for the road."
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

When did Kroger start selling guns? "Hey man, stop off at the Kroger... I need to get an AR-15 and a case of beer for the road."
    When they bought Fred Meyer.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Good thing he had a round in the chamber. If he were attacked, it would be crazy to have to chamber a round!
    Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 03-14-2018 at 10:20 AM.

Good thing he had a round in the chamber. If he were attacked, it would be crazy to have to chamber a round!
    http://<a href="https://www.youtube....0QukRFVfJQ</a>

The video won't link.

That's because you've got some weird crap at the beginning of the address.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

You don't think cops should carry with bullets in the chamber?

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    They should, but only while in California high schools.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Princeps Inter Pares

So therefore ban guns from schools? Guns were already banned at that school.

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    So therefore ban guns from schools? Guns were already banned at that school.
    No. Guns were already banned at that school. When someone brings a gun to a school, especially if they are, say, encouraged and/or licensed to kill, this is bound to happen. Inadvertent discharges are bound to happen.

Princeps Inter Pares

No. Guns were already banned at that school. When someone brings a gun to a school, especially if they are, say, encouraged and/or licensed to kill, this is bound to happen. Inadvertent discharges are bound to happen.
    As is people bringing guns to school, even if they are banned. So....

As is people bringing guns to school, even if they are banned. So....
    I can't tell if you're being coy, obtuse, or just putting up facile arguments because you're bored. But, knock it off.

Princeps Inter Pares

I can't tell if you're being coy, obtuse, or just putting up facile arguments because you're bored. But, knock it off.
    I might have said the same thing.

This episode doesn't suggest that a carefully implemented program allowing teachers to carry-- with clear instructions about what is and is not permissible-- is not possible or even preferable. The dummy violated any number of rules and policies.

I might have said the same thing.

This episode doesn't suggest that a carefully implemented program allowing teachers to carry-- with clear instructions about what is and is not permissible-- is not possible or even preferable. The dummy violated any number of rules and policies.
    I bet you a shiny penny (shiny!) that if teachers start carrying--even with clear instruction--this is bound to happen when you bring guns into schools--because, humans make mistakes or don't follow rules and policies.

Even with following policies or with trained professionals, mistakes will be made:

or with NRA-certified Master Instructors who think they know what they're doing, but are actually very dangerous. I would've never, ever stayed for this guy's class with him handling that weapon the way he was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ug2fIcln34

I bet you a shiny penny (shiny!) that if teachers start carrying--even with clear instruction--this is bound to happen when you bring guns into schools--because, humans make mistakes or don't follow rules and policies.

Even with following policies or with trained professionals, mistakes will be made:

or with NRA-certified Master Instructors who think they know what they're doing, but are actually very dangerous. I would've never, ever stayed for this guy's class with him handling that weapon the way he was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ug2fIcln34
    Teachers in Utah have had the option to pack for more than a decade. As far as I know there's never been an incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    Teachers in Utah have had the option to pack for more than a decade. As far as I know there's never been an incident.
    https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...om.html?pg=all

Ok one incident. BFD

Quote Originally Posted by Shaka View Post
    Ok one incident. BFD
    Yes, I agree, it is a big fucking deal.

Yes, I agree, it is a big fucking deal.
    One out of hundreds, possibly thousands, of teachers that carry concealed had an accidental discharge most likely because she pulled her pants down wrong in the can. She shouldn't have had one in the chamber anyway.

That's a pretty decent track record.

Princeps Inter Pares

I bet you it will happen whether or not you allow guns in school. In fact, it just did.