Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• love it.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• LOL@ dumb government...

Americans can legally download 3-D printed guns starting next month

Gun-rights activists have reached a settlement with the government that will allow them to post 3-D printable gun plans online starting August 1.

The settlement ends a multi-year legal battle that started when Cody Wilson, who describes himself as a post-left anarchist, posted plans for a 3-D printed handgun he called “The Liberator” in 2013.
      [...]

The settlement

The settlement, which is dated June 29, says that Wilson and Defense Distributed can publish plans, files and 3-D drawings in any form and exempts them from the export restrictions. The government also agreed to pay almost $40,000 of Wilson’s legal fees and to refund some registration fees.

The settlement has not been made public, but Wilson’s attorneys provided a copy to CNN.

“We asked for the Moon and we figured the government would reject it, but they didn’t want to go to trial,” said Alan M. Gottlieb with the Second Amendment Foundation, which helped in the case. “The government fought us all the way and then all of the sudden folded their tent.”
      [...]
      https://fox8.com/2018/07/20/american...ng-next-month/

I guess the DoJ didn't want this one going to the supreme court where they would lose for sure.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Federal judge blocks release of blueprints for 3D-printed guns

A federal judge in Seattle issued a temporary restraining order Tuesday to stop the release of blueprints for making untraceable and undetectable 3D-printed plastic guns. The judge says the guns could end up in the wrong hands.

The company behind the plans, Austin, Texas-based Defense Distributed, had reached a settlement with the federal government in June that allows it to make the plans for the guns available for download Wednesday.

The restraining order from U.S. District Judge Robert Lasnik puts that plan on hold for now.

"There is a possibility of irreparable harm because of the way these guns can be made," he said. More than 2,500 people have already downloaded blueprints for AR-15 style assault rifles.

Eight Democratic attorneys general filed a lawsuit Monday seeking to block the federal government's settlement with the company that makes the plans available online. They also sought a restraining order, arguing the 3D guns would be a safety risk.
        [...]
        https://www.cbsnews.com/news/federal...d-cody-wilson/

Oh good... the bad people won't be able to get the gun plans now!

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Cody Wilson making liberals' heads explode...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Guns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Parkland Dad: Kavanaugh Refused to Shake My Hand

The father of one of the teens killed in the Parkland school shooting said Judge Brett Kavanaugh “turned his back” when he introduced himself at the Supreme Court nominee’s confirmation hearing. “Just walked up to Judge Kavanaugh as morning session ended. Put out my hand to introduce myself as Jaime Guttenberg’s dad. He pulled his hand back, turned his back to me and walked away. I guess he did not want to deal with the reality of gun violence,” Fred Guttenberg tweeted on Tuesday afternoon. His daughter Jaime, 14, was killed during the February shooting. Mother Jones reported that Guttenberg is attending the hearing as a guest of Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA). In a later statement, White House spokesman Raj Shah blamed security for the incident. He tweeted, quoting Guttenberg’s tweet, “As Judge Kavanaugh left for his lunch break, an unidentified individual approached him. Before the Judge was able to shake his hand, security had intervened.” Guttenberg replied, “Incorrect. I was here all day and introduced by Senator Feinstein. No security involved. He turned and walked away.”
                  https://www.thedailybeast.com/parkla...-shake-my-hand

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                    Parkland Dad: Kavanaugh Refused to Shake My Hand

Nothingburger
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

If that’s all they got, then he should be confirmed without issue.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Nothingburger
                        How do you know?

Comment

How do you know?
                          Who the hell cares if he didn't shake some guy's hand? Could have been any one of a hundred different reasons.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                            Who the hell cares if he didn't shake some guy's hand? Could have been any one of a hundred different reasons.
                            Or....he is glad that girl died because he loves guns and the death they bring! They totally exposed him!

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                              Or....he is glad that girl died because he loves guns and the death they bring! They totally exposed him!
                              No, it is more along the lines of he didn't want to give a gun control person the time of day. Frankly, I'm more concerned about what Kavanaugh has said about not being able to indict a sitting president than gun control or Roe vs. Wade. Although if the Supreme Court overturns that decisions it will be ugly.

Comment

WHAT!?!? Holy Hell!! Someone should slap Kavanaugh right now and immediately commit him to rehab at the Emily Post House of Manners! And no way --NO WAY-- could he possibly be qualified to be a supreme court justice! Oh, the humanity! We are sooooo lucky we learned this now before he was confirmed. I am certain --CERTAIN-- that this will feature in the confirmation hearings, if they even continue after this anecdote is revealed.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X