Utah Football: 2013 The Crusade for Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
    I'm sure we have recruited several guys with offer lists like that one.
    He's a good get. Committed to Utah today, in case you didn't hear.
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
      He's a good get. Committed to Utah today, in case you didn't hear.
      He looks like a fantastic recruit. I did hear he had committed.

In fact, I'm excited about him being a Ute.

Comment

It looks like we're also continuing the trend of one All Name Team guy per recruiting class.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Hunter-130229

Comment

The way we ended the 2012 season had me really down, but the continued struggles of the basketball team leave me looking forward to spring camp.
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by U-Ute View Post
            It looks like we're also continuing the trend of one All Name Team guy per recruiting class.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Hunter-130229
            That is one bad ass name.
            "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
              He looks like a fantastic recruit. I did hear he had committed.

In fact, I'm excited about him being a Ute.
              Fantastic may be a stretch. While a very good get, fantastic would be to get a guy BYU really also wanted.

If we had really wanted him, he would be signing with us.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                Fantastic may be a stretch. While a very good get, fantastic would be to get a guy BYU really also wanted.

True. It has always puzzled me why you guys don't want more fantastic players.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post

there's a rumor out there that you guys are extremely difficult to deal with.

Comment

Terrell Reese and Nick Marsh are transferring. Those hurt. I was hoping Reese would become a legit starting safety for us - he had the athleticism and size, just needed to learn a new position. I hope Marsh is replaceable - I don't put much faith in kickers.

Comment

Dennis Erickson? I guess it could help.

I noticed this nugget:

He is regarded as one of the so-called fathers of the spread offense after he and Jack Elway, John Elway’s father, learned the offense from John Elway’s high school coach and honed it during their time at San Jose State.
                      That high school is where all my kids have gone. The football field is John Elway Stadium.
                      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                      ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                        Dennis Erickson? I guess it could help.

I noticed this nugget:

That high school is where all my kids have gone. The football field is John Elway Stadium.
                        Is it also called John Elway's High School?
                        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                          Is it also called John Elway's High School?
                          No, but that information is classified. I'd have to kill you.
                          ― W.H. Auden

Comment

Utes switching to a 3-4 defensive scheme? Interesting move for Whittingham. I wonder if this will be a long-term change. If so, I wonder how that changes recruiting.
                            "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Re: Utah Football: 2013 The Crusade for Redemption

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                              Utes switching to a 3-4 defensive scheme? Interesting move for Whittingham. I wonder if this will be a long-term change. If so, I wonder how that changes recruiting.
                              I made a comment during the season that we needed to change to it to help combat all the spread team we were facing. I think it helps Nate Fakahafua the most as he was much more effective with his hand of the ground. When I get some more time, i will give more detail to why I think it its a good match for our traditional recruiting limitations.
                              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                                I made a comment during the season that we needed to change to it to help combat all the spread team we were facing. I think it helps Nate Fakahafua the most as he was much more effective with his hand of the ground. When I get some more time, i will give more detail to why I think it its a good match for our traditional recruiting limitations.
                                I'd like to read your take as the conventional wisdom has always been that the 4-3 was well suited to Utah and their recruiting of big poly linemen.
                                "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Working...
                                X