Utah Football: 2013 The Crusade for Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
    Is there a Ute recruiting thread? I couldn't find one so I'll ask this here.

Who are the big, realistic targets left in this year's class? I know about the Euliss Trinity Trio and Lotulelei, but who else is out there? Also, I'm of the uninformed opinion that Lotulelei is not coming, otherwise he would have pledged already. Any reason to think otherwise?
    There is a Utah recruiting thread here, but it hasn't been updated lately. What I've seen is that they've stocked up on OL additions and have two freshman QBs coming in that look good. According to the UteZone pay site, there are 10 good recruits who haven't made up their minds and who may come to Utah. Lowell Lotuleilei is still undecided and the guys at UteZone say Utah has a good shot.

I don't try to keep close track of recruiting because it's so crazy and unpredictable. Just get the players and we'll see how they play!
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...Lotulelei.html

Utes land Lowell Lotulelei!!!

Comment

The strong DL seems like the bedrock of the Ute D's the last few years.

Is the thought that they will be able to reload this year? If the DL is rebuilding I think 6-6 is the ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Winky Bach View Post
          The strong DL seems like the bedrock of the Ute D's the last few years.

Is the thought that they will be able to reload this year? If the DL is rebuilding I think 6-6 is the ceiling.
          Most realistic projections (IMO) have the Utes at 6-6, maybe 7-5 if we have a pleasant surprise along the way. The hard core among us hold out hope for more than 1 pleasant surprise. :crazy:
          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
            Most realistic projections (IMO) have the Utes at 6-6, maybe 7-5 if we have a pleasant surprise along the way. The hard core among us hold out hope for more than 1 pleasant surprise. :crazy:
            I see the teams (BYU/UTAH) swapping their results from 2012.
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

crazy schedule next year for the Utes. Utah doesn't get on a plane, or leave the State the first half of the season. The Arizona on Oct. 19th (game #7) is their 2nd road game of the year and their only road game other than BYU in the first half.

Utah does get two bye's before two big home contests. UCLA and ASU. Probably, need to win one of those games in order to go bowling.

Comment

http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-footb...ittle-brother/

Anyone know who the 15 were that visited the U this past weekend?

Comment

http://www.deseretnews.com/top/1255/...ing-class.html

Comment

Good summary of the recruiting class so far.

Comment

I saw on Facebook mention of a late breaking update on Vili Leveni's commitment. Anyone have any insight to what's going on?
                      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                        I saw on Facebook mention of a late breaking update on Vili Leveni's commitment. Anyone have any insight to what's going on?
                        Visiting Oklahoma State

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                          that doesn't look to good.

Comment

Have we ever had a recruit with an offer list like this?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/fo.../gaius-vaenuku
                            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

People seem pretty excited about him. It's nice to have some good news!
                              ― W.H. Auden

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

I'm sure we have recruited several guys with offer lists like that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X