X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The final word on irony

Ahem:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/irony

Be sure to read all the way to example 1 at the end. Bwahahaha....
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

You're going to do this with Triples on hiatus?
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      You're going to do this with Triples on hiatus?
      Kind of ironic, isn't it?
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

In a ironic reversal of expectations... I'm embarrassed for you.
        Last edited by clackamascoug; 12-11-2012, 12:30 AM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

I can't appreciate this without help from someone with an advanced degree in English. Or maybe from a former junior tax lawyer.
          “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
          ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
          -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
          --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
            In a ironic reversal of expectations... I'm embarrassed for you.
            As expected, Clack whiffs on the main point of the thread. Not ironic.

Comment

This is merely a threadjack and not ironic, but that fine graphic presentation of irony included a link to a discussion about dogs that I found very funny. And more than a little true.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                This is merely a threadjack and not ironic, but that fine graphic presentation of irony included a link to a discussion about dogs that I found very funny. And more than a little true.

I only read part of it. Hurt too much to laugh anymore. Will return later in the day to finish.....and to purchase the accompanying poster for my dad's Christmas gift. Thank you!!

Comment

Literal LOL on that one.
                  At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                  -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Hacktastic
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      Everybody ignores you. We needed someone with some gravitas to post it. (sjbh)

Comment

Originally posted by mUUser View Post
                        I only read part of it. Hurt too much to laugh anymore. Will return later in the day to finish.....and to purchase the accompanying poster for my dad's Christmas gift. Thank you!!
                        Hilarious.
                        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

I keep trying to stop laughing, but I can't.

One of the top 10 funniest things posted on cuf in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

Comment

Presently at Youth Conference. The post-dinner fireside was led by the 2nd C in the SP and focused heavily on (you’ll never guess) Satan, temptation, how evil the world is today, etc. It ended with a lengthy story about a YW whose life was wrecked by drugs, and it all started when she began drinking the wine for cooking from her parents’ pantry.

The story ends with a warning and an admonishment to avoid evils. Prayer is said. The floor immediately is converted into a dance floor, and while the chairs are being moved to the side, the first song to play is “Red Wine” by Lady Gaga.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                              X