The final word on irony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Everybody ignores you. We needed someone with some gravitas to post it. (sjbh)
    Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Presently at Youth Conference. The post-dinner fireside was led by the 2nd C in the SP and focused heavily on (you’ll never guess) Satan, temptation, how evil the world is today, etc. It ended with a lengthy story about a YW whose life was wrecked by drugs, and it all started when she began drinking the wine for cooking from her parents’ pantry.

The story ends with a warning and an admonishment to avoid evils. Prayer is said. The floor immediately is converted into a dance floor, and while the chairs are being moved to the side, the first song to play is “Red Wine” by Lady Gaga.

You've waited for years to post something great in this thread... (after JL discounted your credibility)....congratulations... you did it!
    Last edited by clackamascoug; 02-24-2018, 07:35 PM.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
      You've waited for years to post something great in this thread... (after JL discounted your credibility)....congratulations... you did it!
      I was being ironic. I love donuthole.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Its like rain on your wedding day.

Comment

Speaking of irony, I dehydrated myself yesterday hauling five gallon coolers full of water back and forth from the sink to the water station for the departure ceremony of our 2nd Battalion headed to the Middle East. It was a hot morning, and the crowd of 2000+ was thirsty. Due to staffing issues, I was the lone water boy and worked continuous for three hours. I guess I'm getting old, because I've never had issues with hydration in my life.

deployment.jpg

Comment

Not irony.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                Not irony.

Comment

Need an irony ruling. If one were to connect with a high school crush and she brought marijuana while you brought alcohol, would that be ironic?

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    Need an irony ruling. If one were to connect with a high school crush and she brought marijuana while you brought alcohol, would that be ironic?
                    I think that wold be more moronic... than ironic.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                      I'd say you have all your bases covered and it's time to start rounding the bases.
                      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Ruling?

RedHenLove.jpg
                        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                          Yep
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Is it ironic that we’re debating irony six years after the final word on the subject?

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                                Is it ironic that we’re debating irony six years after the final word on the subject?
                                The link in the OP is still true.

Comment

Working...
                                X