No announcement yet.

New LDS Church Website: Mormons and Gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this mean that Nevada prostitutes can be forced to serve clientsof either sex even if the prostitutes are hetero? How about dogs or horses or multiple clients at once?
    sigpic
    "Outlined against a blue, gray
    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
    Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
      Does this mean that Nevada prostitutes can be forced to serve clientsof either sex even if the prostitutes are hetero? How about dogs or horses or multiple clients at once?
      Always most concerned about how the law personally affects you.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Does this mean that Nevada prostitutes can be forced to serve clientsof either sex even if the prostitutes are hetero? How about dogs or horses or multiple clients at once?
        That escalated quickly.
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

Apparently if they have no more than 15 employees, then they're good.

Or no more than 4 apartments.

Comment

• This new law is awesome. So cool that the prophets have now been inspired to be nice to gay people after for years they were inspired to be mean to gay people. The Church is true!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
              This new law is awesome. So cool that the prophets have now been inspired to be nice to gay people after for years they were inspired to be mean to gay people. The Church is true!!
              Ha, I'll admit I thought the same thing when I saw all the Repubs congratulating each other. These are the same people that shot down several other attempts at similar laws....at least 5-6 times over the past decade. It's interesting to see the Church control the politics in Utah and it's nice to see them meddle a bit in a progressive way.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                Ha, I'll admit I thought the same thing when I saw all the Repubs congratulating each other. These are the same people that shot down several other attempts at similar laws....at least 5-6 times over the past decade. It's interesting to see the Church control the politics in Utah and it's nice to see them meddle a bit in a progressive way.

If following the crowd is progressive I get your drift.
                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• http://www.brookings.edu/events/2015...rmons-religion

This event is happening in about 45 mins and can be watched via webcast. Apparently Brookings feels that the recent legislation in Utah regarding LGBT/religious protections is at least of enough note to do a forum on the topic.

Comment

• Totally revamped website was recently launched. It even now falls under the lds.org domain, which I guess now makes it impossible for anyone to say it's not an official church site.

https://mormonandgay.lds.org/

I haven't been through much of it, but I liked this video:

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Isn't it great that the Mormon Church is starting to use the term "gay" even if they still won't allow the children of gay people to be baptized unless they disavow their own parents' practice of gay marriage?

And isn't it encouraging that Mormons are becoming so tolerant that they make a web site celebrating gay Mormon celibacy! I'm sure this was an inspired decision to revamp the web site to make Mormons look less intolerant than they actually are.

Now go right ahead and accuse me of being intolerant of intolerance.

Religion survives only by virtue of its capacity to be eroded by human progress and evidence. It was born by a human need to explain the world, but it does a terrible job of explaining anything, and so religion just goes on withering and/or claiming scientific discovery as its own (e.g., science didn't give you internet and satellite dishes. God did. So you can watch conference. Lucky you.)

"Is Julian Assange gay?" -Elder Ballard (asking for a friend)
                      Last edited by ByronMarchant; 10-26-2016, 05:43 AM.

Comment

• Oh, and they are celebrating mixed orientation marriages.

Genius.

That's what Mormon women need. More gay husbands.

Comment

• Sheesh. Somebody is cranky this morning (Bryan Marchant)!

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            Sheesh. Somebody is cranky this morning (Bryan Marchant)!
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I am not well read on the baptism of children of gay parents. Is it true if they disavow the gay parents practice, then they can be baptized?

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                                I am not well read on the baptism of children of gay parents. Is it true if they disavow the gay parents practice, then they can be baptized?
                                only if they are 18, IIRC
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X