MLB 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB 2013

Rockies and Mariners will play an exhibition game in SLC on March 30.

Dodgers going to get a lot of money from Fox. A lot of money.

Ahem:

http://www.cougaruteforum.com/showthread.php?p=916343#post916343
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Kevin Youkilis to the Yankees?

I think the Yanks must make an extra effort and take great delight in signing former Red Sox players. How come it's almost never the other way around?
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

Hamilton to the Angels. Shit.

Hamilton, Poohole and Trout.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post

I was really hoping that Hamilton was going to be out of the AL West. Damn those Angels. Angels are clearly the favorites in the division. Here is hoping that Pujols regresses as he gets old and that Trout's season last year was the best of his career.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post

Wow

That is a ton of money dropped by the two LA teams this past year.

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
              I was really hoping that Hamilton was going to be out of the AL West. Damn those Angels. Angels are clearly the favorites in the division. Here is hoping that Pujols regresses as he gets old and that Trout's season last year was the best of his career.
              Last season will prove to be the best of Trout's career.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

My thread title is way cooler....

I've kind of adopted the Angels as my team over the last few years (been to more Angel games than any other team...), so I'll be excited to check out that lineup next summer!

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                  Last season will prove to be the best of Trout's career.
                  Considering how historically great last season was for Trout, he could be a Hall of Famer and you could still be right. All the more reason why it was a complete sham that Cabrera won AL MVP.
                  --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                    Considering how historically great last season was for Trout, he could be a Hall of Famer and you could still be right. All the more reason why it was a complete sham that Cabrera won AL MVP.
                    Agree completely.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

You don't think a guy that won the triple crown should be MVP? How many guys have done that over history? Trout didn't even play the whole year.
                      Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                        You don't think a guy that won the triple crown should be MVP? How many guys have done that over history? Trout didn't even play the whole year.
                        We have already gone over this several times. Nate Silver, and many others, say it better than I ever could.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...era-for-m-v-p/

The argument on Trout’s behalf isn’t all that complicated: he provided the greater overall contribution to his team. Trout was a much better defensive player than Cabrera, and a much better base runner. And if Cabrera was the superior hitter, it wasn’t by nearly as much as the triple crown statistics might suggest.
                        Over all, Trout contributed about 12 additional runs on the basepaths when compared with an average runner. The bulky Cabrera, by contrast, cost the Tigers about three runs on the bases.
                        One of these systems, Ultimate Zone Rating, estimates that Trout saved the Angels 11 runs with his defense in the outfield. Cabrera, a clumsy defender at third base who is more naturally suited to play first base, cost the Tigers 10 runs with his.
                        Between his defense and his base running, therefore, Trout was about 35 runs more valuable to the Angels than Cabrera was to the Tigers. By contrast, the 14 additional home runs that Cabrera hit (44 against Trout’s 30) were worth about 22 extra runs for the Tigers, based on measures that convert players’ contributions to a common scale.
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I was more just curious why you guys thought that. I don't consider myself to be well versed in baseball.

I just think the triple crown is an amazing accomplishment regardless.
                          Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Trout was/is amazing, but I have no problem whatsoever giving the MVP to a triple crown winner

Comment

Yes i completely agree with you that trout is always good.... and i hope will.....
                              My best wishes with trout.......
                              Aden

Comment

Working...
                              X