No announcement yet.

The 2016 Presidential Election Trainwreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being one who has for a long time followed the Main Stream media in the US, I knew this thing with Trump would happen. Sure he said some really stupid things during the primary. He acted like the a-hole I figured he was after years of watching him.

The press basically gave him a pass. Joe Scar... and Mika slobbered all over him. All of them with the, he is the teflon man. They gave him tons of air time.

Now we are going to get serious and there is a general election, they are going to go after him. I doubt he will ever appear on Mika and Joe again.

Is what he said any more troubling than a lot of things he has said and done, no. The difference is the media has their candidate and Trump is going to get hammered by the media.

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
      Bernie doesn't have a chance, but I would vote for him for no other reason than he is the only one standing that isn't a lying sack of shit.
      Have you seriously watched his talks in full. He is definitely a lying sack of shit. I like you believed he was this nice guy with outlandish ideas. I listened all the way through one of his speeches. Like I said, he is definitely a lying sack of shit and people I know who have actually listened to him give a speech agree with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
        what will trump have to do before he is officially abandoned?
        bribe a state AG so she won't pursue a case against Trump U in Florida? Probably not. His voters will think this is perfectly fine, I'm sure.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/e16a8...ing-fraud-case

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
          Being one who has for a long time followed the Main Stream media in the US, I knew this thing with Trump would happen. Sure he said some really stupid things during the primary. He acted like the a-hole I figured he was after years of watching him.

The press basically gave him a pass. Joe Scar... and Mika slobbered all over him. All of them with the, he is the teflon man. They gave him tons of air time.

Now we are going to get serious and there is a general election, they are going to go after him. I doubt he will ever appear on Mika and Joe again.

Is what he said any more troubling than a lot of things he has said and done, no. The difference is the media has their candidate and Trump is going to get hammered by the media.
          Pretty impressive conspiracy theory.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I don't know why people think Trump is racist. He's cool with African-Americans, especially when they people on his behalf.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Go stick your head back in the sand.

Comment

Go stick your head back in the sand.
                I have news for you:

1) The media have not treated Trump lightly. They have blasted him routinely, but it hasn't mattered. In fact, that only intensifies his base (i.e., free press haters like you).
                2) Trump will continue to get "tons of air time".

Your theory is dumb.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Have you seriously watched his talks in full. He is definitely a lying sack of shit. I like you believed he was this nice guy with outlandish ideas. I listened all the way through one of his speeches. Like I said, he is definitely a lying sack of shit and people I know who have actually listened to him give a speech agree with me.
                  Bernie doesn't lie, he just isn't smart enough to know he's not telling the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Being one who has for a long time followed the Main Stream media in the US, I knew this thing with Trump would happen. Sure he said some really stupid things during the primary. He acted like the a-hole I figured he was after years of watching him.

Nonsense. The media has reported this trump stuff throughout. It's just that GOP voters haven't cared. The general election population adds a larger group of people who don't vote in the Republican primaries and may care. Your picking on Scarborough for being too polite to Trump because they wanted to be able to keep interviewing him on their show is stupid. He's said plenty unflattering stuff about Trump when he wasn't on the set.
                    Last edited by BlueK; 06-07-2016, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Exactly. It's not like Trump got to record high unfavorable ratings long before he wrapped up the nomination from the media giving him a free pass. This is just BYU71 trying to push an anti-media agenda that doesn't really fit this particular situation AT ALL. The media has hammered Trump for a really long time. It's just that too many Republicans haven't cared enough for it to sink him yet.
                      Last edited by BlueK; 06-07-2016, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                        Nonsense. The media has reported this trump stuff throughout. It's just that GOP voters haven't cared. The general election population adds a larger group of people who don't vote in the Republican primaries and may care. Your picking on Scarborough for being too polite to Trump because they wanted to be able to keep interviewing him on their show is stupid. He's said plenty unflattering stuff about Trump when he wasn't on the set.
                        I have seen enough of your posts when it comes to Trump to know you are beyond discussing the subject rationally.

Comment

I have seen enough of your posts when it comes to Trump to know you are beyond discussing the subject rationally.
                          I think it's funny you're complaining about not enough anti-Trump media coverage when I am SO anti-Trump to the point you think it's irrational. YET, I had to have gotten my information from the media. I'm having a hard time understanding what you're really arguing for. The media has hammered Trump relentlessly for well over a year. You really don't think so? That's exactly why the anti-Trumps have been so frustrated because they've seen all of it and yet Trump keeps winning. Please explain what I've said in this post is irrational. I'd love to know.
                          Last edited by BlueK; 06-07-2016, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                            I think it's funny you're complaining about not enough anti-Trump media coverage when I am SO anti-Trump to the point you think it's irrational, and I had to have gotten my information from the media.
                            One can get the information and then it is how one reacts. You may be reacting rationally, it is my opinion you are overboard on it, but that doesn't mean it is so.

It is like Hannity. He gets information from the news about Obama and then goes way overboard at times. Like his wailing and whining everytime Obama goes golfing. Hannity can't even give him credit for being a good family man. That's why whenever I do hear Hannity I take it with a huge grain of salt.

As far as the press goes there are plenty of people I have talked to who feel the same way as I do. I don't need your approval for my opinion and I certainly don't need JL's, when these highly intelligent folks agree with me.

Comment

One can get the information and then it is how one reacts. You may be reacting rationally, it is my opinion you are overboard on it, but that doesn't mean it is so.

It is like Hannity. He gets information from the news about Obama and then goes way overboard at times. Like his wailing and whining everytime Obama goes golfing. Hannity can't even give him credit for being a good family man. That's why whenever I do hear Hannity I take it with a huge grain of salt.

As far as the press goes there are plenty of people I have talked to who feel the same way as I do. I don't need your approval for my opinion and I certainly don't need JL's, when these highly intelligent folks agree with me.
                              Overboard is a matter of opinion, of course. Why have I reacted so strongly to Trump? Probably because he hits so many of the buttons that must be of most importance to me. I kind of value my freedom, and Trump's statements tend to stomp on so many of the ones I really care about.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                                I don't know why people think Trump is racist. He's cool with African-Americans, especially when they people on his behalf.

"My African American over there"? I have to suppose that his African American was cringing when Trump said that.
                                "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Working...
                                X