No announcement yet.

The 2016 Presidential Election Trainwreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      http://www.theblaze.com/contribution...-us-for-trump/

Oh no, the Cruzites are starting to get ticked!!!
      A whole host of prominent figures made enormous amounts of money pretending to be spokesmen for the cause, only to sell it down the river when the sentient pile of driftwood known as Donald Trump came floating by. These past few months have been a horrific bloodbath, as many famous and once-respected conservatives have gutted their credibility for a chance to latch themselves to Trump like barnacles on the Titanic.
      Then his list includes Hannity, Ingraham, Palin, Carson, Falwell Jr., and Jeffress.

lol
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

LOL. I love it! I've never been able to stand most of the people it calls out anyway.

Comment

Let me get this right... Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, Bill O'Reilly, Laura Ingraham, Sarah Palin, and Fox News are all singing the praises of Drumpf? It sounds like the Grand Ole Party has finally found the voice it has been looking for. It is time for all you republicans to get on the train, I guess.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Leavitt endorses Kasich!!! Leavitt edorses Kasich!!!

This is huge!

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
              Leavitt endorses Kasich!!! Leavitt edorses Kasich!!!

This is huge!
              Leavitt who?
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                Leavitt who?
                Follow the link, UT.

Comment

Leavitt who?
                  Mike Leavitt -- Governor of Utah from like 25 years ago.

Comment

In Texas we have private roads all over the place. They are called toll roads developed under public-private partnerships (that uses private investment capital) and they are great! Now there is a lot of talk of doing the same thing for high speed trains in Texas. Compare that to the California high speed rail project in which the tax payers would be on the hook for the investment capital, not to mention hundreds of millions for operating costs each year. With more libertarian minded folks in government we might be riding that high speed train here in Texas by now!
                    Hey, wait a minute. CMBF was positive that you don't support privatization of roads. Ha.

I hate the toll roads in Texas. And they have not been an unqualified success, as you imply. There has been a huge backlash. So much so that even the Republican party is now against them, and there is a movement not only to stop building them, but to convert the existing ones to public-access roads.

http://www.texastribune.org/tribpedi...oads-in-texas/

http://www.texastribune.org/2015/03/...ng-opposition/

Anti-toll sentiment at the Capitol is at its highest level in at least a decade.

Lawmakers have filed more than a dozen bills this session aimed at either tapping the brakes on new toll road projects or undoing the state’s current tolling system entirely.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Wasn't Leavitt also a cabinet member at one point? Secretary for Health and Human Services? Why would they list him as a "Romney adviser" instead of one of those other positions that seem more relevant.

I like Leavitt. I remember meeting him at a small park in Farmington when he was first running for governor the first time around. Seemed like a good dude then. Still seems like a pretty good dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                        Wasn't Leavitt also a cabinet member at one point? Secretary for Health and Human Services? Why would they list him as a "Romney adviser" instead of one of those other positions that seem more relevant.

I like Leavitt. I remember meeting him at a small park in Farmington when he was first running for governor the first time around. Seemed like a good dude then. Still seems like a pretty good dude.
                        He and his wife are wonderful people. They were in our ward in Arlington when he was in the Bush administration. Despite the incredible work load he carried, he still found ways to serve dutifully in the church. While not fully with Levitt politically speaking, I really admire him as a person.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Hey, wait a minute. CMBF was positive that you don't support privatization of roads. Ha.

I hate the toll roads in Texas. And they have not been an unqualified success, as you imply. There has been a huge backlash. So much so that even the Republican party is now against them, and there is a movement not only to stop building them, but to convert the existing ones to public-access roads.

The toll roads aren't a success because people don't want to pay tolls? I think the anti-toll sentiment is summed up by this one sentence in the article:

Gov. Greg Abbott has said he wants to boost annual transportation funding by $4 billion without raising taxes, fees or tolls.
                          That sounds like something Bernie Sanders would say. Having grown up in the midwest, I'm definitely not in love with toll roads. But when budgets at every level of government are in trouble, toll roads or P3 projects are sometimes the only way to get much-needed infrastructure built or repaired. Obviously the states can decide how much tolling they want through democratic processes, but the public needs to be educated that the gas tax does not fully pay for infrastructure and anyone who thinks they are paying their fair share for roads by paying gas tax is not correct. They are being heavily subsidized. Absent a Vehicle Miles Traveled toll, which will be a very hard sell in America, toll roads are the fairest way to make actual users bear the costs of the roads they are using.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                            This story is a microcosm of Trumps campaign.

http://gawker.com/pbs-news-story-on-...y-f-1765284316
                            Those are Hillary supporters planted to make Trump look bad, either that or it's the lame stream media trying to make Trump look bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                              Wasn't Leavitt also a cabinet member at one point? Secretary for Health and Human Services? Why would they list him as a "Romney adviser" instead of one of those other positions that seem more relevant.
                              Maybe because it was EPA, a dirty three letter agency especially among Republicans.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Well, the toll authority in Texas is a major pain in the arse to deal with. It's not really "private." It's a government partnership. If there is anything worse than dealing with a government agency it's a pseudo government agency because they can abuse you with impunity and you have a lot less recourse to fight back than with a real government agency.

Comment

Working...
                                X