The 2016 Presidential Election Trainwreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    I'm still bothered that Jeb Bush won't get a shot as a result of his brother's presidency. I thought that 2000-20008 should have been Jeb, not W. And I think Jeb could do a great job. but he has been out of the game so long, anyway.
    I remember watching a Jeb speech during W's presidency and thinking the same.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

How about the woman governor of New Mexico? Give her a couple of years and she might have some star power.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        How about the woman governor of New Mexico? Give her a couple of years and she might have some star power.
        Susanna Martinez. She gave a great speech at the convention. Rubio/Martinez would be a good ticket.
        "Remember to double tap"

Comment

Saw this in a tweet by one of my favorite twitterers of all time:

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/11/19...bio-has-begun/

:facepalm:

Marco, the earth is like 2 billion years old. Just say that. This isn't a gotcha question. It's not a difficult question. Why in the hell can't these rising GOP stars deal with this crap? This is turning into a game for the media and frankly it's kind of fun to watch as I hope this crap finally either tanks the GOP or releases them from their servitude to the religious right.

I'm afraid that Marco actually thinks the earth is 7,000 years old. Thank god I'm not a Republican.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            Saw this in a tweet by one of my favorite twitterers of all time:

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/11/19...bio-has-begun/

:facepalm:

Marco, the earth is like 2 billion years old. Just say that. This isn't a gotcha question. It's not a difficult question. Why in the hell can't these rising GOP stars deal with this crap? This is turning into a game for the media and frankly it's kind of fun to watch as I hope this crap finally either tanks the GOP or releases them from their servitude to the religious right.

I'm afraid that Marco actually thinks the earth is 7,000 years old. Thank god I'm not a Republican.
            He is Mo. Or was.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

Friend who claims to know things he shouldn't says Hillary won't run due to health.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                Friend who claims to know things he shouldn't says Hillary won't run due to health.
                She looks pretty "healthy" to me...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Clinton Booker 2016! Sign me up!

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    Not just a Republican problem. While not the exact question this is close.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      She looks pretty "healthy" to me...

To me too. :clap:
                      "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

CNN is early to work trying to undermine Rubio's potential candidacy:

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/1...ism/?hpt=hp_t2
                        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                          Not just a Republican problem. While not the exact question this is close.

it's a Republican problem in that potential candidates have to pander to the 58% of Republicans that do. A democratic candidate will never be asked that question, and the democratic base wouldn't care what the answer is.
                          Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                          God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                          Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                            it's a Republican problem in that potential candidates have to pander to the 58% of Republicans that do. A democratic candidate will never be asked that question, and the democratic base wouldn't care what the answer is.
                            It's only here because of a media with a liberal bias trying to discount a guy and marginalize him because of his personal views on a subject that is completely irrelvant to leading the country and is, in fact, a view shared by many prior presidents including Democrats.

The media needs to F off.

What a stupid ass question to even ask.

Comment

Maybe Booker won't be a candidate in 2016:

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/20...urbance_c.html

It will be interesting to see if he challenges Christie if Christie runs again.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                                CNN is early to work trying to undermine Rubio's potential candidacy:

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/1...ism/?hpt=hp_t2
                                I would ask this question of those who think Rubio should know how old the earth is and to those who think you need to believe in divine creation.

What the hell do either of these things matter when it comes to running the country. Will the press and of course politicians ever focus on what is important?

Right now I have to root for a dem winning in 2016. With everyone except angry, rich white old people voting for Obama and the press backing him, only an economic collapse would get a republican elected.

I don't want that, although it would be kind of fun to do a "I told you so".

Comment

Working...
                                X