The 2016 Presidential Election Trainwreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
    So - Lindsay Graham's opposition to the Mueller report being made public is he wants there to first be a special counsel investigation of how Hillary's email server investigation was handled? Seriously? I feel like Hillary got off easy as much as anyone, but isn't it about time to just let this die?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/linds...b0db7da9f13d00

"all hell would pay"?!? What does that even mean?
    Wow. His whatabout game is strong. I bet Uncle Ted approves.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Wow. His whatabout game is strong. I bet Uncle Ted approves.
      Something weird happened with Lindsay. He used to be one of Trump’s most ardent critics, calling him a kook, a bigot etc., within the GOP and now he is one of his most loyal lapdogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        Something weird happened with Lindsay. He used to be one of Trump’s most ardent critics, calling him a kook, a bigot etc., within the GOP and now he is one of his most loyal lapdogs.
        I bet those damn ruskies got to him.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          I bet those damn ruskies got to him.
          Who knows? Maybe someone questioned his manhood or something.

Also, while I know you’re joking it wouldn’t below Russia to blackmail a senator, although I don’t think that’s what happened. He’s probably gotten oodles of cash from pro-Trump superpacs and sold out his morals as a result.
          Last edited by frank ryan; 03-15-2019, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Also, while I know you’re joking it wouldn’t below Russia to blackmail a senator, although I don’t think that’s what happened. He’s probably gotten oodles of cash from pro-Trump superpacs and sold out his morals as a result.
            Could be. And/or he decided he wanted to win the favor of the executive branch and be seen as a leader among the majority party (at one time) instead of being a lonely dissenter.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

They all sell out their morals for some sort of currency, be it cash or votes or status or something else. All of them. Look at the headlong rush of democrats who were willing to endorse that ridiculous green new deal. The Russians didn't do this to us. It's what we have always been.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Everyone should want the Mueller report released.
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Liberals deserve all the crap they are getting over the past couple days.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• The Dems are facing reality... maybe they have finally made it to the fifth stage of grief: acceptance.

EXCLUSIVE: 'This stings!' How Obama saw Trump's victory as a 'personal insult,' watched the movie Dr. Strange to distract himself from election results and blamed Hillary for the loss because of her 'scripted, soulless campaign'

• The new edition of 'Obama: The Call Of History' by New York Times chief White House correspondent Peter Baker lays bare Obama's fury over the election results
                      • The book was originally released in July 2017 but has been updated with extensive new reporting - and the run through of election day is electrifying
                      • Obama arrogantly thought there was 'no way Americans would turn on him' even though Clinton was far from perfect
                      • He likened himself to Michael Corleone in the Godfather and said he was handing power over to somebody who would destroy his legacy

[...]
                      Obama even likened himself to Michael Corleone in the Godfather movies and said he was handing power over to somebody who would destroy his legacy.

As Obama saw it he 'almost got out' of the White House unscathed just like the mob boss nearly survived without being whacked.
                      [...]
                      Obama arrogantly thought there was 'no way Americans would turn on him' even though Clinton was far from perfect.

Baker writes: 'She was a serious and seasoned professional who had served at the highest levels of government and provided mature leadership. Just as important, she would continue his policies and cement his biggest achievements.

'His legacy, he felt, was in safe hands'.
                      [...]
                      Given that Obama had no formal role in the election he went to the White House movie theater with his wife Michelle and adviser Valerie Jarrett where they watched Dr Strange, the superhero movie starring Benedict Cumberbatch.

Baker writes that Obama's phone buzzed with an update and he said: 'Huh. Results in Florida are looking kind of strange'.

Michelle went to bed early but as Obama watched TV he looked on in horror as Trump won Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan which had been Democratic for years.

Baker writes: 'By the end of the evening, the unthinkable had happened'.
                      [...]
                      'Obama may not have been on the ballot, but it was hard not to see the vote as a 'personal insult,' as he had called it on the campaign trail. 'This stings,' he said. 'This hurts'.
                      [...]
                      In a stinging passage Baker writes: 'To Obama and his team, however, the real blame lay squarely with Clinton.

'She was the one who could not translate his strong record and healthy economy into a winning message.
                      [...]
                      'Never mind that Trump essentially ran the same playbook against Clinton that Obama did eight years earlier, portraying her as a corrupt exemplar of the status quo.

'She brought many of her troubles on herself. No one forced her to underestimate the danger in the Midwest states of Wisconsin and Michigan.

'No one forced her to set up a private email server that would come back to haunt her.

'No one forced her to take hundreds of thousands of dollars from Goldman Sachs and other pillars of Wall Street for speeches.

'No one forced her to run a scripted, soulless campaign that tested eighty-five slogans before coming up with 'Stronger Together'.
                      [...]
                      https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-campaign.html

"Obama saw it he 'almost got out' of the White House unscathed just like the mob boss nearly survived without being whacked."

Of course, she ran a soulless campaign. She and the other Dems had sold their souls to the devil years ago.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• But the Russians!

Comment

• I guess Hillary is still stuck in the denial stage...

Hillary Clinton suggests election 'stolen' from her, other Dems could suffer same fate

Hillary Clinton suggested she had the 2016 election “stolen” from her during the latest stop of her slumping speaking tour.

Taking the stage with her husband Bill in Los Angeles Saturday night as part of the couple’s “Evening with the Clintons” tour, the former Democratic presidential nominee told the crowd she has been warning potential candidates they could suffer the same fate.

TICKET PRICES PLUNGE FOR BILL AND HILLARY CLINTON'S SPEAKING TOUR

“I think it’s also critical to understand that, as I’ve been telling candidates who have come to see me, you can run the best campaign, you can even become the nominee, and you can have the election stolen from you,” the former secretary of state said.
                          [...]
                          https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hil...lection-stolen
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I guess Hillary is still stuck in the denial stage...

And then even after being elected, you can have your presidency stolen. Is nothing in politics sacred?!

Comment

I guess Hillary is still stuck in the denial stage...

It's hard to know if this is true or not until someone actually runs the best campaign and then has the election stolen from them.

I'm not sure why she would want to run that "best campaign" narrative. I'm not sure ANYONE outside of Hillary thinks she ran the best campaign.

Comment

• Hillary’s Latest Excuse For Losing: ‘Flashing Videos’ On The ‘Dark Web’

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton blamed “flashing videos” on the “dark web” for her 2016 presidential election loss last Friday during a radio interview.

Clinton said on Campaign HQ’s podcast that she anticipates President Donald Trump will employ a similar strategy to win re-election next November.

“I think it’s going to be the same as 2016,” Clinton said. “I’m going to show you in these flashing videos that appear and then disappear and they’re on the dark web and nobody can find them, but you’re going to see them and you’re going to see that person doing these horrible things.”
                                [...]
                                https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/24/h...deos-dark-web/

That dark web sounds like a scary place... :crazy: :foilhat: Flashing videos that appear then disappear and stuff.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X