The 2016 Presidential Election Trainwreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    That actually sounds useful to help these poor states that can't clean up their voter registration files themselves... We don't want those Russian voting in our elections, do we?
    LOL. You never disappoint.

Comment

• It’s a wonder why she lost. She’s so likable!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

It’s a wonder why she lost. She’s so likable!!
        She'll be remembered as having lost to the very worst qualified Presidential candidate in history... which would not make someone bitter at all, nope.
        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Embarrassing. She’s doing a commendable job of making me almost regret my vote for her. Almost.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• she’s right, though. anything east of utah and west of i95 should be nuked
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
              she’s right, though. anything east of utah and west of i95 should be nuked
              Nevada should be nuked too... oh, wait.
              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Such a rousing applause she got on that one.
                "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• McKay Coppins on Evan McMullin:

But when the conversation turned from Trump-bashing to the traditional issues that divide conservatives and liberals—taxes, regulation, the size of government—the mood in the room cooled noticeably. Whoops and cheers were replaced with scattered applause; vigorous head-nodding with discreet phone-checking. Had McMullin’s conservative critics been watching, they might have been forgiven for wondering precisely how much of the audience’s hand-wringing over authoritarianism was fueled by simple partisanship.

McMullin navigated the discussion carefully, taking pains not to endorse any specific policy positions that the audience might find unpalatable, and stressing that no legislative victory was worth Republicans selling their souls to Trump. But as Bazelon drilled down on the issues, the inherent difficulty of the cross-ideological coalition that McMullin envisioned became evident.

“We’re in this moment here where we have a president who absolutely has authoritarian tendencies,” he said to Bazelon at one point, “and you’re still arguing for a large, centralized government. Now is a moment where we*may*want to rethink that.”

It was a good line, and McMullin’s delivery begged for applause. What he got instead was a solitary*whoo*echoing across an otherwise silent theater.
                  https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/arti...mpression=true

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                    She'll be remembered as having lost to the very worst qualified Presidential candidate in history... which would not make someone bitter at all, nope.
                    This is the one good thing about Trump winning, that the Clintons have to live with their careers ended being bested by a buffoon who is the worst qualified presidential candidate ever. It's so delicious sometimes I forget how screwed we are.

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                    she’s right, though. anything east of utah and west of i95 should be nuked
                    lol. Utah so enlightened they make the cut, eh?

Comment

I didn't realized all of the Native American's live on the coasts.

And - she STILL doesn't understand why she lost all of that area in the middle.

"I won the places that represent 2/3 of the gross domestic product."

Yup you did. Maybe they have a REASON to be optimistic, dynamic, and happy with the status quo. Maybe the folks in the middle, who are struggling, need a reason to have hope. You certainly didn't give them any. Tump was smart enough to offer them something - even if it was just the sentimental promise of returning to a better time. She didn't give them anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post

lol. Utah so enlightened they make the cut, eh?
                        duh. ok, anything east of jordanelle
                        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• h0EruZksbXuvmlQb7oWhThBBo2reCsluu-o-YGFHEN4.jpg
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                            [ATTACH]8656[/ATTACH]
                            That's very funny.
                            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• The Cambridge Analytica stuff is mighty concerning. This was the data-mining, electioneering company Trump used. If Russian infowarfare and influence campaigning had an effect on the outcome, I suspect it has something to do these immoral fucksticks. That's long been a rumor.

Cambridge Analytica's CEO Was Filmed Secretly Bragging About Entrapping Politicians With Sex Workers
                              Alexander Nix told an undercover reporter from Britain's Channel 4 News how the firm, which worked on the Trump campaign, used front companies to secretly campaign in elections around the world.

The boss of Cambridge Analytica, the analytics firm at the centre of an international storm over the misuse of Facebook user data, has been caught on camera bragging about how the company could blackmail political candidates with sex workers, and telling a prospective client that it has been secretly operating around the world to campaign in elections.

In an undercover operation by Britain's Channel 4 News, CEO Alexander Nix and two other high-ranking Cambridge Analytica staff took meetings with a reporter posing as a fixer who wanted the data firm's help getting candidates elected in Sri Lanka.

On Monday evening, Channel 4 broadcast undercover footage from four meetings across three months, with Nix telling the reporter that one of the services of Cambridge Analytica could be to “send some girls around to the candidate’s house”, adding that Ukrainian girls “are very beautiful, I find that works very well”.

Nix also told the undercover reporter: “We’ll offer a large amount of money to the candidate, to finance his campaign in exchange for land, for instance. We’ll have the whole thing recorded. We’ll blank out the face of our guy and we post it on the internet.”

https://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistefa...PM#.eyE0azVvMO

Comment

• It seems this reporter touched on a sensitive subject with Hillary... “That’s not going to happen,... we don’t want any more inexperienced Trumps in the White House.”

I wonder how Hillary is so confident that would never happen... Maybe she knows something that we don't?
                                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X