No announcement yet.

The 2016 Presidential Election Trainwreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the source is correct (Daily Caller, I know), then the Chinese were getting a real time look into the emails from Clinton during her tenure as Secretary of State. With Trump being so horrible it's easy to forget what a chump she was.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      If the source is correct (Daily Caller, I know), then the Chinese were getting a real time look into the emails from Clinton during her tenure as Secretary of State. With Trump being so horrible it's easy to forget what a chump she was.
      Fortunately Clinton isn't in any office now.

Unfortunately Trump is.

Heaven help America.

Comment

If the source is correct (Daily Caller, I know), then the Chinese were getting a real time look into the emails from Clinton during her tenure as Secretary of State. With Trump being so horrible it's easy to forget what a chump she was.
        Hey, I wonder if our Chinese friends have those 33,000 "lost" emails!
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

It's believable, but I'm curious to hear more.

If true doesn't eclipse the success of GRU/FSB operations. Russia has penetrated this administration with human intel like crazy, including Trump banning note takers from his smoochy meeting with Putin. We don't yet know the extent of how far they got into state elections systems, because some states haven't disclosed the information, they've probed the power grid with a lot of success, and a bunch of our important federal agencies were using Kaspersky software, which is apparently compromised by Russian security services.

Comment

Around this same time in "unrelated news"...

China 'dismantled' CIA spying operations and killed sources – report

Newspaper cites 10 current and former officials in report of serious intelligence breach caused either by a mole or hacking of covert communication system

The Chinese government “systematically dismantled” CIA spying operations in the country starting in late 2010 and killed or imprisoned at least a dozen CIA sources over the next two years, it was reported on Saturday.

The New York Times cited 10 current and former US officials, who described the intelligence breach as one of the worst in decades. They spoke on condition of anonymity.

In an apparent attempt by China to intimidate serving or would-be spies, one source was reportedly shot in front of his colleagues in the courtyard of a government building.

The report said US intelligence and law enforcement agencies scrambled to stem the damage – setting up an investigation into the crisis code-named Honey Badger – but were divided over the cause of the breach. Some investigators were convinced there was a mole within the CIA, while others believed the Chinese had hacked the covert system the CIA used to communicate with its foreign sources.
            [...]
            https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...new-york-times

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              It's believable, but I'm curious to hear more.

If true doesn't eclipse the success of GRU/FSB operations. Russia has penetrated this administration with human intel like crazy, including Trump banning note takers from his smoochy meeting with Putin.
              How is the banning of note takers a "penetration...with human intel?" Seems the opposite unless you are asserting that Trump himself is human intel for Russia. If so, then the rest of it really doesnt matter much at all.

We don't yet know the extent of how far they got into state elections systems, because some states haven't disclosed the information,
              Are you asserting that in addition to a compromised Trump administration that some state governments are also beholden to the Russians to such a degree that they are refusing to reveal Russian activites? That seems sort of unlikely to me. But I am sure you have some link to put up that makes that conndection? Or does it just mean that we dont know if the Russians have or have not compromised those systems becasue no information has beenn released?

they've probed the power grid with a lot of success
              Probed the power grid? Probably true. Just like we have probed theirs and china's and China has surely probed ours and Russia's and so forth. Probing the power grid is almost certainly taking place but doesn't make the Russians an unusual threat nor a more ominous one due to Trump. They would be probing the power grid no matter who was elected.

and a bunch of our important federal agencies were using Kaspersky software, which is apparently compromised by Russian security services.
              Again, does this have anything to do with Trump or are you just saying it was not a good thing and the Russians took advantage of a bad software choice? The Russians are not our friends and should not be trusted without verification (RIP Ronny Reagan). But this seems like just another day at the counter-intelligence office as far as I can tell.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Hillary Clinton, the 'Taco Bell' of presidential candidates.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Hillary Clinton, the 'Taco Bell' of presidential candidates.
                  If we didn't have enough evidence already, this is definitive proof that Ted is just trolling us.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Bernie Sanders is a sexist... He did not allow Hillary to run unopposed!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Archiving and cataloging some old campaign videos, eh?
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I didn't realize until someone told me at a retreat but we're just too smart. And we have to dumb things down a bit so people can understand us.
                        Oh, that is why the dems are more likely to be patronizing and demeaning toward minorities... they are just too smart!
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• That's just crazy. Is she really saying that Democrat politicians have been appealing to the intellect of their constituency and not to their emotions?

Comment

• Sounds like this guy:

Comment

• Even the reporter that broke the story on the Steele dossier now doubts the allegations are true...

Trump-Russia dossier journalist doubts Christopher Steele's claims
                              [...]
                              “When you actually get into the details of the Steele dossier, the specific allegations, we have not seen the evidence to support them, and, in fact, there's good grounds to think that some of the more sensational allegations will never be proven and are likely false."
                              [...]
                              https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...steeles-claims
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• So - Lindsay Graham's opposition to the Mueller report being made public is he wants there to first be a special counsel investigation of how Hillary's email server investigation was handled? Seriously? I feel like Hillary got off easy as much as anyone, but isn't it about time to just let this die?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/linds...b0db7da9f13d00

The House bill passed without a single no vote, but it is a nonbinding resolution to make the Mueller report public, according to the Daily Beast.

When the House’s resolution reached the Senate, Graham blocked it, saying that there first needs to be a special counsel appointed to investigate “the abuses, potentially, by the Department of Justice and the FBI regarding the Clinton email investigation.”

“Was there two systems of justice in 2016? One for the Democratic candidate and one for the Republican candidate?” Graham asked on the Senate floor, according to Mediaite.

He added, “If the shoe were on the other foot… all hell would pay.”
                                "all hell would pay"?!? What does that even mean?

Comment

Working...
                                X