Page 412 of 412 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412
Results 12,331 to 12,355 of 12355

Thread: The 2016 Presidential Election Trainwreck

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Interesting. If he is not dumb, why does he act and talk like an eighth-grader?
    “despite literally every piece of evidence indicating otherwise...”
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

that is about right...might be generous actually.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

And every one of them would likely be a better president.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

I'll leave this here...

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Now THAT'S self-awareness at its finest!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Interesting. If he is not dumb, why does he act and talk like an eighth-grader?
    Syphilis.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Pre-Historic Man

Logic fail.
    Most newspapers are written at the eighth grade level in terms of readability. Perhaps T is dumbing it down for us all in light of current journalistic standards?!
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Dumb... everybody knows it was the Russians!

Democrats badly underestimated Trump

Democrats have a history of underestimating Republican presidents.

Ronald Reagan, numerous Democrats originally thought, was a lightweight Hollywood actor with charisma and television appeal but not much more. George H.W. Bush, according to his critics, was a well-meaning "wimp" whose leadership skills were lacking and who could never escape from the shadow of Reagan.

His son George W. Bush, Democrats joked, was a nice guy who you might want to have a beer with but someone who didn't know much about world or domestic affairs. Americans who saw the televised debates in 2000 can probably still hear the sound of Vice President Al Gore sighing after almost every remark.

In each case, however, the Democrats didn't see what was coming.
    [...]
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/28/opini...zer/index.html
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

What?!? How did Hillary launder $400 million into her campaign... and still lose?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    What?!? How did Hillary launder $400 million into her campaign... and still lose?

About 40 seconds in.
    Come on, UT. If you can somehow find a way to WHATABOUT on a day like today, then you truly are a little more than a robot.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    I don't think he is dumb. I think he thinks people don't care. I think he is also probably correct.
    I think the average high schooler is much smarter, and the average middle schooler is about as smart.

Come on, UT. If you can somehow find a way to WHATABOUT on a day like today, then you truly are a little more than a robot.
    My AI is strong!
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Good lord, the source for that is Putin!
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    Good lord, the source for that is Putin!
    Oh sorry, I didn't recognize him... I thought it was President Nelson.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

If the source is correct (Daily Caller, I know), then the Chinese were getting a real time look into the emails from Clinton during her tenure as Secretary of State. With Trump being so horrible it's easy to forget what a chump she was.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    If the source is correct (Daily Caller, I know), then the Chinese were getting a real time look into the emails from Clinton during her tenure as Secretary of State. With Trump being so horrible it's easy to forget what a chump she was.
    Fortunately Clinton isn't in any office now.

Unfortunately Trump is.

Heaven help America.

Hey, I wonder if our Chinese friends have those 33,000 "lost" emails!
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

It's believable, but I'm curious to hear more.

If true doesn't eclipse the success of GRU/FSB operations. Russia has penetrated this administration with human intel like crazy, including Trump banning note takers from his smoochy meeting with Putin. We don't yet know the extent of how far they got into state elections systems, because some states haven't disclosed the information, they've probed the power grid with a lot of success, and a bunch of our important federal agencies were using Kaspersky software, which is apparently compromised by Russian security services.
    "Just watched the speech. He lit up both sides. I loved it." -Shaka

Around this same time in "unrelated news"...

China 'dismantled' CIA spying operations and killed sources – report

Newspaper cites 10 current and former officials in report of serious intelligence breach caused either by a mole or hacking of covert communication system

The Chinese government “systematically dismantled” CIA spying operations in the country starting in late 2010 and killed or imprisoned at least a dozen CIA sources over the next two years, it was reported on Saturday.

The New York Times cited 10 current and former US officials, who described the intelligence breach as one of the worst in decades. They spoke on condition of anonymity.

In an apparent attempt by China to intimidate serving or would-be spies, one source was reportedly shot in front of his colleagues in the courtyard of a government building.

The report said US intelligence and law enforcement agencies scrambled to stem the damage – setting up an investigation into the crisis code-named Honey Badger – but were divided over the cause of the breach. Some investigators were convinced there was a mole within the CIA, while others believed the Chinese had hacked the covert system the CIA used to communicate with its foreign sources.
    [...]
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...new-york-times

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by frank ryan View Post
    It's believable, but I'm curious to hear more.

If true doesn't eclipse the success of GRU/FSB operations. Russia has penetrated this administration with human intel like crazy, including Trump banning note takers from his smoochy meeting with Putin.
    How is the banning of note takers a "penetration...with human intel?" Seems the opposite unless you are asserting that Trump himself is human intel for Russia. If so, then the rest of it really doesnt matter much at all.

We don't yet know the extent of how far they got into state elections systems, because some states haven't disclosed the information,
    Are you asserting that in addition to a compromised Trump administration that some state governments are also beholden to the Russians to such a degree that they are refusing to reveal Russian activites? That seems sort of unlikely to me. But I am sure you have some link to put up that makes that conndection? Or does it just mean that we dont know if the Russians have or have not compromised those systems becasue no information has beenn released?

they've probed the power grid with a lot of success
    Probed the power grid? Probably true. Just like we have probed theirs and china's and China has surely probed ours and Russia's and so forth. Probing the power grid is almost certainly taking place but doesn't make the Russians an unusual threat nor a more ominous one due to Trump. They would be probing the power grid no matter who was elected.

and a bunch of our important federal agencies were using Kaspersky software, which is apparently compromised by Russian security services.
    Again, does this have anything to do with Trump or are you just saying it was not a good thing and the Russians took advantage of a bad software choice? The Russians are not our friends and should not be trusted without verification (RIP Ronny Reagan). But this seems like just another day at the counter-intelligence office as far as I can tell.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

If we didn't have enough evidence already, this is definitive proof that Ted is just trolling us.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Bernie Sanders is a sexist... He did not allow Hillary to run unopposed!

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Archiving and cataloging some old campaign videos, eh?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!