Obama's 2nd Term

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
    He has DJTrump to thank for that! He looked good by comparison.
    He looked good compared to DJTrump and HRC. My guess is the approval is for his character, not his policies.

Comment

• George W is no longer the worst...

Poll: Obama 'worst president' since World War II

President Obama has topped predecessor George W. Bush in another poll, but not one he would like.

In a new Quinnipiac University Poll, 33% named Obama the worst president since World War II, and 28% put Bush at the bottom of post-war presidents.

"Over the span of 69 years of American history and 12 presidencies, President Barack Obama finds himself with President George W. Bush at the bottom of the popularity barrel," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.
      [...]
      https://www.usatoday.com/story/theov...nton/11985837/

And this little bit for MBN...

The Quinnipiac poll also reports that 45% believe the nation would be better off had Mitt Romney defeated Obama in the 2012 presidential election; 38% say the country would be worse off with a Romney presidency.
      Is it too late to write in Mitt?
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        George W is no longer the worst...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/theov...nton/11985837/

And this little bit for MBN...

Is it too late to write in Mitt?
        He's a polarizing figure, and yet he would have annihilated entitled Hillary and Putin's rent boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
          I wonder if Obama will give his endorsement...

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• "Darth Sidious" of the Democrats calls Obama (aka, "Lord Vader") his "greatest disappointment"...

George Soros calls Obama 'greatest disappointment,' says he doesn't 'particularly want to be a Democrat'

New York billionaire George Soros said former President Barack Obama was his “greatest disappointment,” during a wide-ranging interview with the New York Times published on Tuesday, while also appearing to distance himself from partisan politics.

The wealthy liberal donor, who was an early supporter of Obama’s 2008 presidential run, told The Times that Obama was “actually my greatest disappointment,” before he was reportedly prompted by an aide to clarify that he was dissatisfied on a “professional level,” rather than with his presidency.
            [...]
            http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...-democrat.html
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

"Darth Sidious" of the Democrats calls Obama (aka, "Lord Vader") his "greatest disappointment"...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...-democrat.html
              So maybe obama wasn't that bad if a far lefty wasn't happy with him. it's all relative. In office he was only moderately liberal. The "progressives" weren't always that happy with him.
              Last edited by BlueK; 07-18-2018, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                So maybe obama wasn't that bad if a far lefty wasn't happy with him. it's all relative. In office he was only moderately liberal. The "progressives" weren't always that happy with him.
                I think it is the other way around... Obama was too far left for "Darth Sid" (not to mention, too pompous). He stated that he now believes he is more aligned with McCain and the republicans. He doesn't 'particularly want to be a Democrat'. Maybe Darth Sid is leaving the dark side?
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I think it is the other way around... Obama was too far left for "Darth Sid" (not to mention, too pompous). He stated that he now believes he is more aligned with McCain and the republicans. He doesn't 'particularly want to be a Democrat'. Maybe Darth Sid is leaving the dark side?
                  So if he's more aligned now with establishment Republicans it would mean the Steve Bannon crowd is going to hate him even more?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                    I don't think he governed all that progressively. For one thing congress kept him pretty restrained. He was weak on foreign policy, particularly when it came to Russia.

Anyway, is appears Ted is eating up all the altright bullshit if he is spewing Soros paranoia. Ted you need to stay away from twitter and 4chan for awhile.

Comment

I don't get the "pompous" charge. Is that code for uppity black guy? You could say the same about every president.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                        I don't think he governed all that progressively. For one thing congress kept him pretty restrained. He was weak on foreign policy, particularly when it came to Russia.

Anyway, is appears Ted is eating up all the altright bullshit if he is spewing Soros paranoia. Ted you need to stay away from twitter and 4chan for awhile.
                        The American people blocked Obama from being too progressive. Remember that Obamacare was so unpopular that Massachusetts, that bastion of liberalism, voted in some no name to Ted Kennedy’s seat when he passed away. That was an effort to stop Obamacare from passing since it kept the dems from having a super majority. They still got the older, not very popular bill passed and somewhat fixed through reconciliation.

But even Massachusetts didn’t like Obama’s liberalism. That’s saying something.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          I don't get the "pompous" charge. Is that code for uppity black guy? You could say the same about every president.
                          That is the impression I got from the "Darth Sid" interview...

At another part of the interview, he told the paper that Obama "closed the door" on him after he secured the presidency.

“He made one phone call thanking me for my support, which was meant to last for five minutes, and I engaged him, and he had to spend another three minutes with me, so I dragged it out to eight minutes,” he said.

Soros told the paper the he had hoped to have been consulted on economic and financial issues, and that Obama was known to “take his supporters for granted and to woo his opponents.”
                          I don't know what Soros has against the uppity black guy.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• From Obama's speech the other day... talking about the right:

Embraced wild conspiracy theories, like those surrounding Benghazi,...
                              https://www.cbsnews.com/news/barack-...pt-2018-09-07/

See? Benghazi was all about some video.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                                I don't get it.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X