Trick or Treaters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mUUser View Post
    Baseball team met at the coach's house. There must've been about a thousand trick or treaters in the neighborhood (literally).....several police cars directing traffic in and out of the neighborhood. Traffic was at a near standstill from about 7p - 8p. Wall to wall people from about 530-830p. I've never seen anything like it, and supposedly was more crowded last year.
    I don't understand the relevance of the first sentence. Other than that, sounds like a fun time for the kids.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Something else I found out tonight... I saw one of my patients with an awesome house, six four-wheelers, two trucks, and one 2011 armada. Also, I just remembered that they are on medicaid.

via a galaxy s3 far far away
      "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

Comment

Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
        Is anyone else sitting around the house with a bowl full of candy and still waiting for the first ring of the doorbell? Or is Trick of Treating a thing of the past and no longer a part of the celebration?
        Neighborhoods cycle as the families all age out of trick or treating.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post
          Something else I found out tonight... I saw one of my patients with an awesome house, six four-wheelers, two trucks, and one 2011 armada. Also, I just remembered that they are on medicaid.

Did they give out good candy?
          "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
            Is anyone else sitting around the house with a bowl full of candy and still waiting for the first ring of the doorbell? Or is Trick of Treating a thing of the past and no longer a part of the celebration?

I know trunk or treat is the thing in the ward/stake, but there are a lot of kids that attend the elementary school that aren't LDS who I thought would be out and about this evening.

Oh well. More candy for me.
            I think people in and around SLC are much more reluctant to let their little ones go trick or treating.

Here in the heart of DC (Davis County, that is) we get quite a few. Not as many as I would have guessed based on my experience as a kid, but quite a few.

I think a lot of parents have decided to deny their kids the magic of trick or treating, the smell of the Maillard Reaction on pumpkins, the crunch of fallen leaves, the sounds of spooks and ghouls for the convenience of trunk or treats.

Parents have sold their kids memories out for a little convenience and time-savings.

Shameful.

Every years it seems there are fewer and fewer trick or treaters.

Comment

Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
              You'll have 3x as many kids next year.
              This is the 3rd year in a row we've done full size candy bars. We haven't seen much of an uptick in trick or treaters.

We do notice some of the older kids in lame "costumes" coming around a 2nd time trying to get more of them.

ON a side note: If you are asked what you are and you say, "I don't know," IT'S NOT A COSTUME! If you are old enough to have pimples and that is your answer, get off my lawn!

Comment

It is almost 9:30. When is it ok to turn off the lights? I'm getting sick of going to the door. I'm trying to watch the laker game. It is almost 10, which means I'd rather these older kids start heading off to parties to drink alcohol or whatever.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  It is almost 10, which means I'd rather these older kids start heading off to parties to drink alcohol or whatever.
                  Okay....that was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    It is almost 9:30. When is it ok to turn off the lights? I'm getting sick of going to the door. I'm trying to watch the laker game. It is almost 10, which means I'd rather these older kids start heading off to parties to drink alcohol or whatever.
                    9:00 pm seems to be about the cutoff for our neighborhood. My wife manned the door tonight and said we had a pretty steady stream of younger kids with parents.
                    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                      Did they give out good candy?
                      Smarties. Kinda like they outsmarted the system.

"Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

Comment

We couldn't find any roads with more than 4 houses giving out candy. We finally gave up and went to the a Baptist Trunk or Treat. That's where everyone was.

They gave the kids comic books that said the unsaved will burn in hell forever, and they had drawings of it. For kids!

Marley asked me if we had a book called "Romans" and I said we did but that Paul probably didn't write it. I then spent 10 minutes explaining why hell was a metaphor.

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

We had 150 treats and are nearly out. I'm telling the kids to go over to John Madden's house. He hands out one pound bars, sometimes two at a time.

I think 9 PM is a reasonable shutdown time.

Comment

We did trick or treat among the elect, called and chosen of Provo...the Stone Gaters, Vintagers and River Bottomers.

The kiddos had a total blast and it was a great time had by all. Best trick or treat environment I've ever experienced. Kudos to the elite of Provo.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                              We did trick or treat among the elect, called and chosen of Provo...the Stone Gaters, Vintagers and River Bottomers.

The kiddos had a total blast and it was a great time had by all. Best trick or treat environment I've ever experienced. Kudos to the elite of Provo.
                              The code to get into all of those places is 0911 (at least it was in 2002). Pizza delivery has its privileges.
                              Last edited by wuapinmon; 10-31-2012, 08:50 PM.
                              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

We gave out toys, glow-in-the-dark bracelets, and candy. It was a hit.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X