Trick or Treaters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Omg even cooler! I'm trying to imagine what that would be like. People that interact with ToTs and decorate their homes. Mind boggling.

And the nice weather thing....so Texas. i haven't checked any almanacs but I'm guessing Texas was the only place in the country with nice weather last night.
    You use almanacs?
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

i already said I haven't used them.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

You can probably just find it on the internet these days. No need for almanacs, imo.
        Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Is there a generally accepted start time for trick or treating? We want to take out little guy out but he is too little to be running around in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by USUC View Post
            Is there a generally accepted start time for trick or treating? We want to take out little guy out but he is too little to be running around in the dark.
            After the 9 to 5ers have a chance to get home.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by USUC View Post
              He's too little to run around in the dark even if you're there with him?

Comment

Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                He's too little to run around in the dark even if you're there with him?
                Yeah, I was confused by that too. What do you normally do in the winter when the sun goes down at 4:30? Never leave the house?

As for timing, I would say that anytime after 5 is fair game.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  Yeah, I was confused by that too. What do you normally do in the winter when the sun goes down at 4:30? Never leave the house?

As for timing, I would say that anytime after 5 is fair game.
                  I agree that 5 is fine for very young kids. It's still kind of early for your typical ToTing bunch of kids (ages 6ish up to 12ish), which we usually start to see around 6.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    I agree that 5 is fine for very young kids. It's still kind of early for your typical ToTing bunch of kids (ages 6ish up to 12ish), which we usually start to see around 6.
                    Agreed.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                      We bought just over 300 candy bars, with the rain today I think we will have about 60-80 left. That includes almost all the Sour Patch kids!
                      Man we got a lot more kids in our old neighborhood, I only bought 200 candy bars this year and with the rain I'm planning on having some nice leftovers and will be ending my month long sugar fast in style!
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

• The rain kept our numbers really low last night. Goose was really excited to hand out candy to the late arrives and so after about 8 PM kids that came to our house got 3-4 bars a piece.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

• We got over 270. We ran out of candy at about 8 pm. Even with the lights turned off we had to ignore quite a few knocks for another 20-30 mins.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                            The rain kept our numbers really low last night. Goose was really excited to hand out candy to the late arrives and so after about 8 PM kids that came to our house got 3-4 bars a piece.
                            Nice humble brag. too bad I live in West Jordan.
                            Last edited by Blueintheface; 11-01-2015, 02:11 PM.
                            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Trick or Treaters?

A former member of one of our old wards took their kids out and left a bowl of candy at the door while they were gone. They also hid a camera to watch what happened.

The following ensued.

http://youtu.be/eHpxhRNIclM
                              Last edited by All-American; 11-01-2015, 02:20 PM.
                              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• What a bunch of assholes.
                                Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Working...
                                X