No announcement yet.

I have a bad feeling about this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They played it safe, but at least didn't scree it up. Too much chase scene, but all in all entertaining and reasonably satisfying.

Comment

• That was very satisfying. Two thumbs up. Not a grand slam but a triple or maybe even an inside the park homerun.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
        It felt like a rehash of the first one.
        Yes, it felt like they recycled a lot of the same plot. Of course, it is a proven recipe for selling moving tickets. Disney will get their money back and then some on this investment. I could have waited to see this one and will most likely not see the next one in the opening week. There was some good lines in the movie and it was mildly entertaining. However, I am surprised that it received critic ratings as high as it did.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
          Spoiler for My Answer:
          Yes, I think she is Luke's daughter. She is undoubtedly from the Skywalker line, and I agree that Han/Leia would have embraced her as their daughter if she was their's. I also think her visons when she touches Anakin's/Luke's Lightsaber also point in that direction.
          Spoiler for your answer:
          Lucas always made the original and prequel movies "rhyme" which worked to varying degrees of effectiveness ranging from "oh i see what he did there to uhh that was stupid." There was rhyming going on here, (protagonist from humble origins gets call to action from a mystic, sets off on adventure to slay the dragon) but that is your basic fantasy literature archetype anyway. They just used some elements from ep IV (desert planet, star killer base, bounty hunters after han, etc. so some people were all " they COPIED THE OLD ONES" Disagree with that- I've seen the old ones. Now if they freeze Finn in carbonite in episode viii I'll concede that point.

That said, they do throw in a lot of easter eggs and references from the originals. Do you think they're going to pass up the opportunity to have Luke say "I am your father" in the next one? Not bloody likely.

Maz' vision was a part of this movie that tripped me out. Very unorthodox use of flashback device, and now I'm hearing there were voices from characters throughout the series- ewan mcgregor and yoda among them. I'll have to watch more closely on the next viewing.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I heard that in the concept art regarding Maz's tavern/palace they had a gungan (Jar Jar Binks creature) head mounted on the wall.
            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
              Spoiler for your answer:
              Lucas always made the original and prequel movies "rhyme" which worked to varying degrees of effectiveness ranging from "oh i see what he did there to uhh that was stupid." There was rhyming going on here, (protagonist from humble origins gets call to action from a mystic, sets off on adventure to slay the dragon) but that is your basic fantasy literature archetype anyway. They just used some elements from ep IV (desert planet, star killer base, bounty hunters after han, etc. so some people were all " they COPIED THE OLD ONES" Disagree with that- I've seen the old ones. Now if they freeze Finn in carbonite in episode viii I'll concede that point.

That said, they do throw in a lot of easter eggs and references from the originals. Do you think they're going to pass up the opportunity to have Luke say "I am your father" in the next one? Not bloody likely.

Maz' vision was a part of this movie that tripped me out. Very unorthodox use of flashback device, and now I'm hearing there were voices from characters throughout the series- ewan mcgregor and yoda among them. I'll have to watch more closely on the next viewing.
              Spoiler for Concerning the next one:
              If Luke says, "I am your father" in the next one then I hope she turns on the light saber and shoves it far up his ass for being a dork of father and leaving her on that sh*thole of a planet to gather junk and defend for herself.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Spoiler for Spoiler response to Ted's Spoiler:
                Luke will probably say something like "I parked you at that planet to hide you from the Evil Empire. I knew you could survive by yourself.

Comment

• Spoiler for About Rey--timeline:
                  Rey doesn't know Kylo Ren or Han Solo or Leia and vice versa. Kylo Ren senses Rey has the force but doesn't know her directly. The actor that plays Kylo Ren is 32 (which works out right since ROTJ was 1983) and the actor that plays Rey is 23. The timeline seems such that this thing with Kylo Ren going bad and Luke Skywalker running away is max 15 years ago. These were peaceful times with no reason to hide your child, so Luke's daughter would have been known very well by Leia, Han, etc. How would the timing work out that no one knows Rey?

Comment

• Spoiler for Thoughts on Rey:
                    There was a scene after the end of the battle when Rey and Leia approached each other, and there was no audible dialogue but it seemed like a significant moment together. Then Rey was sent to locate Luke by the Resistance.That made me think that somehow Leia recognized some kind of relationship between Rey and Luke, which is why Rey was sent.

I don't think Kylo Ren reocognized her, just that the force was strong with her after she resisted his mind tricks (which Poe could not do). I couldn't help but think as they fought in the forest that they were cousins (Kylo Ren being Leia's son, Rey being Luke's daughter)

Comment

• Spoiler for re: Rey:
                      Well there was some deleted dialogue where Kylo Ren clearly knows who Rey is. In some of the action figures/talking helmets that came out, he said something like "I've been waiting for this day for a long time.. is it true? Are you just a scavenger now?" I think they deleted it in the release so as not to foreshadow/ spoil some of the big reveals in the next one. Whether she ends up being Luke's kid is a toss up-- they could write the next installment in a number of ways.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                        Spoiler for About Rey--timeline:
                        Rey doesn't know Kylo Ren or Han Solo or Leia and vice versa. Kylo Ren senses Rey has the force but doesn't know her directly. The actor that plays Kylo Ren is 32 (which works out right since ROTJ was 1983) and the actor that plays Rey is 23. The timeline seems such that this thing with Kylo Ren going bad and Luke Skywalker running away is max 15 years ago. These were peaceful times with no reason to hide your child, so Luke's daughter would have been known very well by Leia, Han, etc. How would the timing work out that no one knows Rey?
                        Spoiler for about rey:
                        No reason to hide your child? Except there was an extermination of the Jedi temple by the Knights of Ren and a hunt for Luke by the First Order in order to extinguish the last Jedi. Did you miss that part?

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                          Spoiler for about rey:
                          No reason to hide your child? Except there was an extermination of the Jedi temple by the Knights of Ren and a hunt for Luke by the First Order in order to extinguish the last Jedi. Did you miss that part?
                          Spoiler for more Rey timeline :
                          but that would have been after she was 5-10 years old right?

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                            Spoiler for more Rey timeline :
                            but that would have been after she was 5-10 years old right?
                            Spoiler for rey timeline:
                            Not sure. Another consideration is that Rey's parentage being kept a secret anyway due to some weird jedi code or the inherent danger of being Luke's offspring. Kylo was a student of Luke's- that much we know. What we don't know is the timeline of when Snoke interceded in his training, when he joined/formed the knights of ren, or even the timing of when rey was sent away (presumedly under the watchful eye of Lor San Tekka) relative to the destruction of the jedi temple. Looks like he's been away for a looong time, though.

Comment

• John Boyega and Daisy Ridley supposedly were only paid $100k to $300k.
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                                John Boyega and Daisy Ridley supposedly were only paid $100k to $300k.
                                Two good choices, but
                                Spoiler for spoiler:
                                I'm not buying their love story, if that's what they try on us.

Comment

Working...
                                X