• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
    Star Wars

Meh

It was better than 1,2,3
    I liked it, thought it was the perfect popcorn movie. I am not a huge Star Wars fan though.
    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
      I liked it, thought it was the perfect popcorn movie. I am not a huge Star Wars fan though.
      The girl and Harrison Ford both did a really good job but I think with the build up I was expecting a lot more. I must be getting old.

Comment

• it was good, all the nerds need to chill
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Solid 'B' for me. I liked it, though I think I like Abrams' reboot of Star Trek more than his Star Wars.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
            I don't care what all of you guys say. I am not going to see it unless the guy in the bank says its worthwhile.
            You should see it. It is worthwhile.

Not sure why you needed my recommendation, but happy to give it!

Comment

• I enjoyed the movie. It sucked that you know who was you know what by his you know who. Because I liked him and wanted him to be in the other ones they're making. My kids loved it and it was fun to see how magical it was for them. I kept thinking that if the parents of you know who knew what he did with Lena Dunham on TV then they would have encouraged him to just continue on being a bad guy because it's a relative improvement.

Comment

• it gets a meh from me, which coming from me is pretty positive. 4,5,6 were also meh. It was right in line with those, much better than 1 and 2, and marginally better than 3.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  I enjoyed the movie. It sucked that you know who was you know what by his you know who. Because I liked him and wanted him to be in the other ones they're making. My kids loved it and it was fun to see how magical it was for them. I kept thinking that if the parents of you know who knew what he did with Lena Dunham on TV then they would have encouraged him to just continue on being a bad guy because it's a relative improvement.
                  Agreed. That really surprised me.
                  Not that, sickos.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    I kept thinking that if the parents of you know who knew what he did with Lena Dunham on TV then they would have encouraged him to just continue on being a bad guy because it's a relative improvement.
                    yeah couldn't really get over that. i've seen him do much worse things with one hannah horvath.
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                      it gets a meh from me, which coming from me is pretty positive. 4,5,6 were also meh. It was right in line with those, much better than 1 and 2, and marginally better than 3.
                      Too predictable with no surprises. I was hoping for more.
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                        It felt like a rehash of the first one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                          I don't disagree, but I was mildly entertained, which is all I can ask for at most movies. Didn't hurt that I didn't pay for it either.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

• I'm just excited to take my son. I remember when my dad took me, and it brings back some sweet memories.
                            Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Spoiler for The future for the characters:
                              I'm going full geek here. But is Rey Luke's daughter? The movie makes it pretty clear that Han has no idea who she is. So, she can't be Han and Leia's daughter. The movie also indicates that Kylo Ren knows exactly who she is. Leia exhibits some kind of recognition, but it could be Leia's sensing of the force. Leia provides no other indication in the movie that she knows Rey at all. It is clear from what orange female Yoda says, Rey's recollection of some latent skills and Kylo Ren's knowledge of her, that there's probably some history between Rey and Luke. Also, I can't recall exactly but did Kylo say anything about that lightsaber belonging to him because it was his grandfather's, then the lightsaber flies to Rey. The biggest mystery left by the movie is who left Rey on the plant that's not Tatooine. It couldn't have been Luke, she appears as if she was left alone -- unless Max Von Sydow's character was there to look after her in some way. There's also a theory floating around that Kylo Ren saved her and dumped her on the planet. Max Von Sydow knows who he is, and what is legacy should have been.
                              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                                Spoiler for The future for the characters:
                                I'm going full geek here. But is Rey Luke's daughter? The movie makes it pretty clear that Han has no idea who she is. So, she can't be Han and Leia's daughter. The movie also indicates that Kylo Ren knows exactly who she is. Leia exhibits some kind of recognition, but it could be Leia's sensing of the force. Leia provides no other indication in the movie that she knows Rey at all. It is clear from what orange female Yoda says, Rey's recollection of some latent skills and Kylo Ren's knowledge of her, that there's probably some history between Rey and Luke. Also, I can't recall exactly but did Kylo say anything about that lightsaber belonging to him because it was his grandfather's, then the lightsaber flies to Rey. The biggest mystery left by the movie is who left Rey on the plant that's not Tatooine. It couldn't have been Luke, she appears as if she was left alone -- unless Max Von Sydow's character was there to look after her in some way. There's also a theory floating around that Kylo Ren saved her and dumped her on the planet. Max Von Sydow knows who he is, and what is legacy should have been.
                                Spoiler for My Answer:
                                Yes, I think she is Luke's daughter. She is undoubtedly from the Skywalker line, and I agree that Han/Leia would have embraced her as their daughter if she was their's. I also think her visons when she touches Anakin's/Luke's Lightsaber also point in that direction.
                                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Working...
                                X