• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[youtube]cLyxmD_UAK4[/youtube]
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      It was less horrible because you were a kid and didn't know enough to realize that it was horrible.

If you think lines uttered by Harrison Ford are less horrible, you need to check out that Russian submarine movie.

The dialogue in the earlier films is every bit as lame as the newer ones.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

The dialogue in the earlier films is every bit as lame as the newer ones.
        This is a sentiment that can only be echoed by someone who has not actually watched the films.
        Have we been commanded not to call a prophet an insular racist? Link?

- Cali Coug

I always wanted to wear a tiara.
        We need to be careful going back to the bible for guidance.

- Jeff Lebowski

Comment

[YOUTUBE]giASrSW_tl8[/YOUTUBE]
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
            This is a sentiment that can only be echoed by someone who has not actually watched the films.
            Yep, you got me!
            - SeattleUte

Comment

[YOUTUBE]z4jeREy7Pbc[/YOUTUBE]

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

The negativity and criticism in this thread is laughable. They're kids movies and kids will love them.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

This statement gave me hope: "Lucas said in a statement, 'It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers.'" If new people can make sure Jar Jar Binks doesn't happen again, I'll be happy.
                  Not that, sickos.

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
                    This statement gave me hope: "Lucas said in a statement, 'It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers.'" If new people can make sure Jar Jar Binks doesn't happen again, I'll be happy.
                    Seriously. Jar Jar was a sellout for commercial purposes. That is why I prefer the original trilogy to the prequels.

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Kind of off topic, but speaking of sketchy movie franchises, has anyone seen the commercial for the new Twilight movie? Braveheart has been out for 17 years and people are still using that stupid battle scene where the two sides run towards each other, and the new Twilight movie is no exception only they're doing it over a frozen lake. But it appears as if Christen Stuart is wearing Trinity from the Matrix gear and they're using Matrix slow motion special effects to show her kick someone during the Braveheart battle scene. It looks horrible.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

I broke the news via email to a guy I worked with 8 years ago that was the biggest Star Wars fan I'd ever met. I told him not to get his hopes up because Episode VII supposedly ties the Star Wars and Captain EO universes together.
                        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

I'm sure Alec Guiness was really pissed he (spoiler alert!) got killed off in the first one. He didn't get to be involved with this gem

[YOUTUBE]VXcb7VPw59s[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                            I'm sure Alec Guiness was really pissed he (spoiler alert!) got killed off in the first one. He didn't get to be involved with this gem

wow
                            One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                            SU

Comment

I'm shocked and amazed that George Lucas decided money is more important than his artistic vision. That Christmas special will, sadly, be sullied by what Disney will do with the Star Wars universe. It is a sad day for art.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post

Before Youtube, my BIL gave us a bootleg DVD copy of that. I never got all the way through it. It is horrific. For some perspective: there is an entire musical number performed by Bea Arthur in the Mos Eisley cantina.

Comment

Working...
                                X