I have a bad feeling about this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a bad feeling about this.

Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion; Star Wars Episode VII to be released in 2015.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.co...for-4-billion/
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Oh, no. They might make another crappy Star Wars movie!

Comment

They ruined the franchise with Episode 1. I'm sure they can't sully it anymore than they already have.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Episode VII to be released in 2015.

http://popcultureblog.dallasnews.com...he-nerds.html/

Comment

can't be worse than Ep 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            They ruined the franchise with Episode 1 6 and the Ewok invasion. I'm sure they can't sully it anymore than they already have.
            FIFY.

I kid. They certainly were a huge disappointment to those of us that loved the series.
            Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
              FIFY.

I kid. They certainly were a huge disappointment to those of us that loved the series.
              Originally they were supposed to be a bunch of Chewbaccas but Lucas decided to shrink them down to ewoks for kids merchandise purposes. At least we can have confidence that Disney won't do the same thing.
              Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

I for one, as a Star Wars devotee, am glad they wrested the franchise from the iron, incompetent grip of George Lucas! Please tell me he doesn't have any first right of creative control or anything...

Some of the best Star Wars stuff EVER is non-lucas stuff. See Empire Strikes Back, and the clone wars animated series leading up to Ep III that was helmed by the guy who did Samurai Jack.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                  Originally they were supposed to be a bunch of Chewbaccas but Lucas decided to shrink them down to ewoks for kids merchandise purposes. At least we can have confidence that Disney won't do the same thing.
                  If there's one thing you can trust Disney to do, it is to refrain from soulless merchandise grabs.

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    I for one, as a Star Wars devotee, am glad they wrested the franchise from the iron, incompetent grip of George Lucas! Please tell me he doesn't have any first right of creative control or anything...

Some of the best Star Wars stuff EVER is non-lucas stuff. See Empire Strikes Back, and the clone wars animated series leading up to Ep III that was helmed by the guy who did Samurai Jack.
                    I wonder if Lucas is sick.

EDIT: I mean like he is unhealthy.

EDIT: I mean like he is physically unhealthy.

Comment

In all honesty, I think this is a positive thing for the Star Wars franchise. I thought Episode III was a decent enough movie and not totally embarrassing. The first two prequels on the other hand were horrific.

Because Disney is wrestling away control from George Lucas it means...well, George Lucas doesn't have the control anymore. That means better scripts and directors -- that's a very good thing. Disney hasn't exactly screwed things up with Marvel. I don't care what you all think of that Avengers movie.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                        Episode VII to be released in 2015.

http://popcultureblog.dallasnews.com...he-nerds.html/
                        UPDATE 3:30 PM: According to Twitter reports from a Disney investor call, Star Wars Episode 8 and 9 are also confirmed, with the plan being to release a new Star Wars feature film every two to three years.
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Uh-oh! This is a bigger "uh-oh" than the DOMA on the docket "uh-oh!"
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

“It’s now time for me to pass ‘Star Wars’ to on to a new generation of filmmakers,” Mr. Lucas said in a statement.

About 20 years late, but I'll take it.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              [youtube]WWaLxFIVX1s[/youtube]

Comment

Working...
                              X