Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by All-American View Post
    It's well done. I bought it.
    A fan made it. The real trailer drops today in theaters.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

Or here:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/l...eforceawakens/
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

It's well done. I bought it.
        It was well done. They did a good job incorporating some of the rumors and leaks. The real trailer is even better, though. JJ Abrams is the shit.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

That Sith with the cool lightsaber is Gwendoline Christie, I'm pretty sure - she has a pretty distinctive walk.
          If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

Meh. Apart from the cool light saber in the forest, that trailer left me distinctly meh. There's got to be better scenes than those.
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              Meh. Apart from the cool light saber in the forest, that trailer left me distinctly meh. There's got to be better scenes than those.
              Really? I was left with the distinct impression that this is going to be an actual movie. With suspenseful scenes and everything. I'm sure Episode I had a ton of eye candy in its teaser.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

That light saber seems pretty dumb, and it makes me worry a little about this one falling prey to pointless eye candy like that last one did. But Abrams' style seems perfect for this franchise, so I still have hope. I enjoyed his takes on Star Trek too, but he seems a better fit for Star Wars.

Comment

I am amazed at how many people are upset that the trailer is so short. It's a teaser trailer! The movie is a year off!
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by woot View Post
                    That light saber seems pretty dumb, and it makes me worry a little about this one falling prey to pointless eye candy like that last one did. But Abrams' style seems perfect for this franchise, so I still have hope. I enjoyed his takes on Star Trek too, but he seems a better fit for Star Wars.
                    Although there was altogether too much CGI in the prequel trilogy, I wouldn't say that too much eye candy even cracked the top 10 problems for that particular section of the series. In fact, I would say it was about the only thing it had going for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      I am amazed at how many people are upset that the trailer is so short. It's a teaser trailer! The movie is a year off!
                      No kidding. There's no worse kind of weird than that of a grown-up Star Wars nerd.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        I am also amazed at the number of people that think the movie is going to suck based off of a teaser trailer
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                          Although there was altogether too much CGI in the prequel trilogy, I wouldn't say that too much eye candy even cracked the top 10 problems for that particular section of the series. In fact, I would say it was about the only thing it had going for itself.
                          Well obviously. But if Lucas hadn't spent so much time on that he might've spent more than a couple days on the plot and script.

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            Really? I was left with the distinct impression that this is going to be an actual movie. With suspenseful scenes and everything. I'm sure Episode I had a ton of eye candy in its teaser.
                            I saw a scene with the millennium falcon, a droid rolling in the desert, someone racing on a pod, and a voiceover. It seemed like it was thrown together, with not much thought about showing something unique. I'm not saying I won't be in line near the opening day. But it wasn't one of the better trailers I've seen.
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                              I saw a scene with the millennium falcon, a droid rolling in the desert, someone racing on a pod, and a voiceover. It seemed like it was thrown together, with not much thought about showing something unique. I'm not saying I won't be in line near the opening day. But it wasn't one of the better trailers I've seen.
                              Please post the teaser trailers you liked better and tell us what makes them better.
                              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Please post the teaser trailers you liked better and tell us what makes them better.
                                Here's one:

If you're going to hook me, an old school Star Wars fan, pay more homage to its legacy. Remind me why I loved Star Wars before. Give me something 'familliar', while showing something that's new and cool.
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X