Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a bad feeling about this.

Princeps Inter Pares

Default I have a bad feeling about this.

Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion; Star Wars Episode VII to be released in 2015.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.co...for-4-billion/
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Oh, no. They might make another crappy Star Wars movie!

They ruined the franchise with Episode 1. I'm sure they can't sully it anymore than they already have.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Princeps Inter Pares

Episode VII to be released in 2015.

http://popcultureblog.dallasnews.com...he-nerds.html/

can't be worse than Ep 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    They ruined the franchise with Episode 1 6 and the Ewok invasion. I'm sure they can't sully it anymore than they already have.
    FIFY.

I kid. They certainly were a huge disappointment to those of us that loved the series.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Douger View Post
    FIFY.

I kid. They certainly were a huge disappointment to those of us that loved the series.
    Originally they were supposed to be a bunch of Chewbaccas but Lucas decided to shrink them down to ewoks for kids merchandise purposes. At least we can have confidence that Disney won't do the same thing.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

I for one, as a Star Wars devotee, am glad they wrested the franchise from the iron, incompetent grip of George Lucas! Please tell me he doesn't have any first right of creative control or anything...

Some of the best Star Wars stuff EVER is non-lucas stuff. See Empire Strikes Back, and the clone wars animated series leading up to Ep III that was helmed by the guy who did Samurai Jack.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
    Originally they were supposed to be a bunch of Chewbaccas but Lucas decided to shrink them down to ewoks for kids merchandise purposes. At least we can have confidence that Disney won't do the same thing.
    If there's one thing you can trust Disney to do, it is to refrain from soulless merchandise grabs.

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    I for one, as a Star Wars devotee, am glad they wrested the franchise from the iron, incompetent grip of George Lucas! Please tell me he doesn't have any first right of creative control or anything...

Some of the best Star Wars stuff EVER is non-lucas stuff. See Empire Strikes Back, and the clone wars animated series leading up to Ep III that was helmed by the guy who did Samurai Jack.
    I wonder if Lucas is sick.

EDIT: I mean like he is unhealthy.

EDIT: I mean like he is physically unhealthy.

In all honesty, I think this is a positive thing for the Star Wars franchise. I thought Episode III was a decent enough movie and not totally embarrassing. The first two prequels on the other hand were horrific.

Because Disney is wrestling away control from George Lucas it means...well, George Lucas doesn't have the control anymore. That means better scripts and directors -- that's a very good thing. Disney hasn't exactly screwed things up with Marvel. I don't care what you all think of that Avengers movie.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    Episode VII to be released in 2015.

http://popcultureblog.dallasnews.com...he-nerds.html/
    UPDATE 3:30 PM: According to Twitter reports from a Disney investor call, Star Wars Episode 8 and 9 are also confirmed, with the plan being to release a new Star Wars feature film every two to three years.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Uh-oh! This is a bigger "uh-oh" than the DOMA on the docket "uh-oh!"
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

“It’s now time for me to pass ‘Star Wars’ to on to a new generation of filmmakers,” Mr. Lucas said in a statement.

About 20 years late, but I'll take it.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Princeps Inter Pares

[youtube]WWaLxFIVX1s[/youtube]

See, and that would have been badass if they tried to take the Wookie planet. That would have at least been better than Ewoks. I love the first two movies (Ep 4&5). I can take or leave the rest.

The first thing that happened in Episode 2 should have been "Jar jar binks falls off a cliff, dies"

According to Twitter reports from a Disney investor call, Star Wars Episode 8 and 9 are also confirmed, with the plan being to release a new Star Wars feature film every two to three years

So long as there are outside directors/writers drawing from the expanded universe, i have every confidence these will be better than the prequel trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Douger View Post
    See, and that would have been badass if they tried to take the Wookie planet. That would have at least been better than Ewoks. I love the first two movies (Ep 4&5). I can take or leave the rest.

The first thing that happened in Episode 2 should have been "Jar jar binks falls off a cliff, dies"
    The Endor scenes could have been a series of Jack Links Messin With Sasquatch sequences.

They just need to stay truer to what it really was, a classic story of good overcoming evil. They also need to keep the pointless CGI out of it.

Outsider looking in Blueintheface's Avatar

The dialogue in Episodes I & II were as bad as any B-movie could be. I laughed out loud in the theatre at the interactions of Princess Whoever and Anikan. Just awful.
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

The Endor scenes could have been a series of Jack Links Messin With Sasquatch sequences.
    LMAO

My thoughts exactly.

"Ewoks mess with Stormtroopers, are maimed"

"Multiple Stormtrooper speeder crash on Endor, fatalities suspected"

I think they could do a good job if they got people that won't turn it in to a joke like Lucas did particularly in episodes 2 and 3.

They need someone who realizes the classicness of the 4th and 5th episodes and they need to get back to movies like those.

We are required to dress in Halloween costume tomorrow. The theme is Disney. Too late I find out I can now go as a storm trooper.

Disney has had a relationship with Star Wars for decades. The Star Tours ride is a good example.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueintheface View Post
    The dialogue in Episodes I & II were as bad as any B-movie could be. I laughed out loud in the theatre at the interactions of Princess Whoever and Anikan. Just awful.
    Penned by Lucas himself.

Remember what it was like? Just you and I? By the Lake? On Naboo?

lol @ people lamenting the decline in quality dialogue over the course of six Star Wars episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    lol @ people lamenting the decline in quality dialogue over the course of six Star Wars episodes.
    It was always horrible, I grant you that. Maybe it just seemed less horrible when those lines were uttered by Harrison Ford.

It was always horrible, I grant you that. Maybe it just seemed less horrible when those lines were uttered by Harrison Ford.
    It was less horrible because you were a kid and didn't know enough to realize that it was horrible.

If you think lines uttered by Harrison Ford are less horrible, you need to check out that Russian submarine movie.

CS Institutional Memory Jarid in Cedar's Avatar

So long as there are outside directors/writers drawing from the expanded universe, i have every confidence these will be better than the prequel trilogy.

The new Clone Wars cartoons are pretty good as well.(my boys watch them religiously)
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Princeps Inter Pares

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    It was less horrible because you were a kid and didn't know enough to realize that it was horrible.

If you think lines uttered by Harrison Ford are less horrible, you need to check out that Russian submarine movie.
    [youtube]FKvdrqFSwhQ[/youtube]

[YOUTUBE]KLVdsUwFVQI[/YOUTUBE]