Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s now at 60%.

Mother! Had 50%
    Last edited by Color Me Badd Fan; 12-15-2017, 08:51 AM.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
      It’s now at 60%.

Mother! Had 50%
      There will be a rebound once the fanboys' initial reactions are cycled through. It's not that bad.
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
        There will be a rebound once the fanboys' initial reactions are cycled through. It's not that bad.
        That's what I was thinking. Just wait until the normal audiences start going with their kids for Christmas.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

If "that" refers to Mother!, then I think that's completely true. It's really hard to be as bad as Mother!. But it sounds like this is a forgettable movie.
          Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

I liked and thought it was fun. The plot was bloated and overly ambitious but it was still compelling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus
              Spoiler for thoughts:
              It is entertaining, but none of the plot makes any sense. And half the plot was meaningless
              Spoilers don't show on tapatalk, by the way.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Saw the Last Jedi last night. I'm an admitted Star Wars fanboy - as are my wife and kids. Went last night with my wife and 2 of the kids - we all enjoyed it.

It's Star Wars. It's supposed to be mostly fun with a handful of moments now and then that make you think. I'd go again.

Comment

Spoilers don't show on tapatalk, by the way.
                  oops, sorry

Comment

• Saw it yesterday. I liked it. Not the best movie and it's kind of slow, but overall it was worth the time and is definitely worthy of SW. Here's some thoughts:

Spoiler for Some Spoilers:
                    The good: When R2 played the old Leia clip, I got chills. That was an awersome idea to include. The showdown between Rey/Kylo and the guards was also pretty cool. I thoroughly enjoyed that and it's been a while since I've enjoed a lightsaber fight in a movie. The ending was also great with how Luke did what he did. I figured something was up when he just showed up at hte random base in the middle of nowhere. Very fulfilling ending and a cool way for him to go out.

The bad: The plot was full of holes, but whatever right? I mean, how does Kylo kill Snoke that way after Snoke pretty much controls everything. Kind of dumb how easily Snoke was killed. would have been much better to make it more involved. The movie was also long. Needlessly long. So much could have been cut out and that would have improved the pacing. The Force Awakens was great because the pacing was good and dialogue was always necessary. I'm glad JJ is back doing episode 9.

The ugly: Two big time issues. First, the slapstick humor was way overboard. I get that things are different now than in 1980. The campiness is fine, that's Star Wars. But the dumb humor needs to be cutdown and controlled. Luke flicking stuff off his shoulder after the attack? Seriously? How dumb. Some humor is fine, but this film didn't let the scenes take on the necessary weight of the moment when it most needed it. Take a lesson from Rogue One and add humor, but in the right spots. Second, those dumb furry things. There's no point to them. Cut them out and you save at least 10 minutes. Not only were they useless but they brought back shades of Jar Jar Binks. A stupid thing added to the movie to try and get cheap laughs and sell toys. Ugh.
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Spoilers in the spoiler tag...

Spoiler for my short review:
                      I didn't love it but didn't hate it. They totally played it safe. If you give some creative people a bunch of money and tell them their goal is to make a movie that fits perfectly within the earlier seven films. ie same plot, same style, same characters, same tension dynamics, same everything. This is what you end up with. I think that translates to "boring" to a lot of fans, and that's why it has a relatively low audience rating. I think a lot of fans thought Force Awakens was a nice, safe reboot, setting up some new characters and new mystery and then the next movies would explore all that. Instead, there wasn't much exploration or adding to the mythology, we just did the same old stuff. I think another issue is that Star Wars geeks love to theorize and speculate. There was intense speculation about who Snoke was and who Rey's parents were. My teenage son got into this speculation and had his own theories, and then when they kind of casually brush aside those without giving satisfying answers, and also don't throw out any new questions for Star Wars fans to speculate on for the next couple years, it kind of kills it for those Star Wars geeks. Also, I heard some random, vague buzz about this film that there would be CRAZY plot twists and reveals. That kind of got me excited. And when none of that happened, it was a bit of a letdown.

Comment

• It was a fun movie that entertained me. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

• Yeah, I saw that new star trek movie... I think my son enjoyed it far more than I did. By far the best character in the movie was the one that academy award winning Benicio del Toro played. I hope they bring him back for some more.

IMG_0891.JPG

P.S....

Spoiler for Funny:
                          I loved the part where that BB robot was bridging a circuit that looked like it was straight out of the 1970's. That made me laugh.
                          Last edited by Uncle Ted; 12-18-2017, 07:36 AM.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Someone in my brother's ward gave a talk yesterday and used TLJ as an object lesson, apparently telling everybody the entire plot. My brother was pissed.
                            "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                            "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                            This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                            "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                            "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                              Someone in my brother's ward gave a talk yesterday and used TLJ as an object lesson, apparently telling everybody the entire plot. My brother was pissed.
                              We too had someone humblebrag about seeing the new Star Wars and tried to weave the theme of the talk into it.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                                Someone in my brother's ward gave a talk yesterday and used TLJ as an object lesson, apparently telling everybody the entire plot. My brother was pissed.
                                Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                                We too had someone humblebrag about seeing the new Star Wars and tried to weave the theme of the talk into it.
                                Apparently, the easiest way to avoid Star Wars spoilers is to skip Sacrament Meeting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X