CUF and Chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CUF and Chrome

(I have played with Chrome a few times, but lately Firefox has been so slow and Chrome is so fast, that I am attempting to make a permanent switch. First of all, the WYSIWYG editor for CUF did not work but I found a Chrome add-on that seemed to help. However, I am still having some problems:

1) While in WYSIWYG editor, I get horizontal lines while scrolling a long message I am composing that make it almost unreadable.

2) When I make a post with multiple paragraphs, it adds double line returns. Argh... (EDIT: See this post for an example)

Anyone else have these issues and find a solution? Surely there are many Chrome users here. Any tips would be appreciated.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Would be cool the change the CUF logo to chrome

Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

the only issue I have is that I can't bold text with key strokes (ctrl B) I have to use my mouse and click the bold button in the edit bar above.

Haven't noticed the other things.
      Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
      God forgives many things for an act of mercy
      Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

i've always used chrome and had none of those issues. are you on a mac?
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

I've used Chrome for months and never noticed any of things. But then, I'm pretty dumb because I am wondering where they WYSIWYG editor is. I always just type it and use "Preview Post".
          "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

I've used Chrome for years and years. But, the latest edition seems to make the cursor jump around when you pause for a few seconds while typing. Many times I'll suddenly be typing and it'll insert my text into the middle of another word on another line. This is frustrating because I know that Donuthole and KatyLied are ever mindful of our orthography.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
            X