X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you're funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tic View Post
      If you believe that time and reflection are required before responding on a sports message board, that just means the terrorists have won.
      Hey now, youre the one that lurked for ayear or two before diving in.

Anyway, welcome. Bear in mind your sign up fee is due within the week and can be paypaled directly to me.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Now that those words are loose on the internet, there's a pretty good chance that they will come back to haunt you if you ever run for public office. Thanks byu71!
        I am as loveable as Good Ole Joe Biden. Nothing I say will stick to me politically.

You have already made me smile more than once. As far as I am concerned you are off to a very good start.

Comment

Thanks, Jeff. By the way, if I ever meet you and you aren't a dead ringer for Jeff Bridges and slouching around in a bathrobe with a half empty milk carton in your hand, I'll be disappointed. Funny how you end up forming impressions of people based not only on their posts but on visual associations connected with their avatar.

Yes, I know that means I'm headed for trouble as well.
          Pleas refer to my greatest thread ever and arguably only positive contribution to this site, which is where one can post pictures of how you visualize people on the board.

Comment

Welcome Bienvenido, Harry.
            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

CUF is where marginal mormons come to begin their end. A few of us HP's here, are on "internet missions" as part of a CHQ black ops project to get the home teaching numbers up. We interact with the backsliding and inactive business professionals (read Elders) to keep tabs on them, and encourage them to continue paying tithes and offerings. In return we get free ISP from the church, and unlimited free genealogy support for our efforts. I guess it's a win win, but it's a 10 year commitment, and it gets kinda old reading the "What I Learned in Church" thread. The Docs are nice with raisin cakes, and free ibuprofen advice, but they are a little lax on the hygiene. The lawyers use big words, and are stingy with advice if you want to represent yourself, but for the most part they only nip at each other. Be wary of Robin Finderson, as he is part of a secret combination that is trying to thwart the advancement of CUF, and is ghost writing under a pseudonym that heretofore goes undetected. If you hear a whistle - hide.

You got a good chuckle out of me.... Thanks, Welcome, and Good Luck.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Thanks, Jeff. By the way, if I ever meet you and you aren't a dead ringer for Jeff Bridges and slouching around in a bathrobe with a half empty milk carton in your hand, I'll be disappointed. Funny how you end up forming impressions of people based not only on their posts but on visual associations connected with their avatar.

I'm not really a children's television star.
                If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

If you are who I think you are, you look more like Michael and Buster than Gob.
                  "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Welcome, Harry. I am pleased you chose the pellegrino-approved template to introduce yourself. Stick around, you will find that CUF is much more than just a sports message board.
                    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                    Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Y'all are waaaayyyyyyy too nice. Although maybe this is the honeymoon period. Next comes the hazing, complete with jars of honey, plungers, pillows, thumbtacks, and lightly soiled flannel pajamas.
                      Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost.
                      --William Blake, via Shpongle

Comment

Welcome, HT, and kudos for a strong opening. Anything in particular prompt your coming out after all the lurking, or was it simply ennui at the office? Glad you're on board.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                          Welcome, HT, and kudos for a strong opening. Anything in particular prompt your coming out after all the lurking, or was it simply ennui at the office? Glad you're on board.
                          Well, I really have been kicking the tires for quite a long time on CUF. And after lurking for a while, you get to where you know who other people are and, by golly, it turns out that you actually start to really like them. Even the ones that if you were to meet them, they might take a whiz on your carpet. As the kids today say, it's all good.

Maybe this is a topic for another thread, or maybe there already is one, but it would be interesting to see how long people lurk before they join and then what it is that makes them take the leap. I wish I had a better answer to the latter question.
                          Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost.
                          --William Blake, via Shpongle

Comment

Well, I really have been kicking the tires for quite a long time on CUF. And after lurking for a while, you get to where you know who other people are and, by golly, it turns out that you actually start to really like them. Even the ones that if you were to meet them, they might take a whiz on your carpet. As the kids today say, it's all good.

Maybe this is a topic for another thread, or maybe there already is one, but it would be interesting to see how long people lurk before they join and then what it is that makes them take the leap. I wish I had a better answer to the latter question.
                            This is your tell. I know who you are and I'm thrilled that you're here. We need another Borgemian.

Harry Tic, please respond to the following question, but consider your response carefully, as our future dealings on this site may depend in large part on how you answer this:

If you give someone a word like "Borges" that is supplying them with an idea from whence other ideas might spring. But, if you swap the indefinite article for a possessive adjective and you give someone your word, then you're embracing an age-old metonym rooted in traditions of honor and pride and trust. Trust, honor, and pride are three reasons Thomas Hobbes listed in Leviathan as reasons that men shed blood: 1) To take what another has, 2) Not trusting someone, so you strike first before they strike you, and 3)Defending honor out of pride. That shit will get you killed, as countless hosts of men have done, including Alexander Hamilton who graces our $10 bill. Born a subject of the Crown in Nevis in the Leeward Islands in 1755 he is the only person featured on US folding money not born in these United States. Like many islands in the Americas, the British asserted sovereignty over Nevis by royal patent, much like was done to some islands located at 51°42′S 57°51′W. Borges has been quoted many times as saying that the 1982 war over these islands was like two bald men fighting over a comb. So, the question remains. Falklands or Malvinas? What say you?
                            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                              This is your tell. I know who you are and I'm thrilled that you're here. We need another Borgemian.

Harry Tic, please respond to the following question, but consider your response carefully, as our future dealings on this site may depend in large part on how you answer this:

If you give someone a word like "Borges" that is supplying them with an idea from whence other ideas might spring. But, if you swap the indefinite article for a possessive adjective and you give someone your word, then you're embracing an age-old metonym rooted in traditions of honor and pride and trust. Trust, honor, and pride are three reasons Thomas Hobbes listed in Leviathan as reasons that men shed blood: 1) To take what another has, 2) Not trusting someone, so you strike first before they strike you, and 3)Defending honor out of pride. That shit will get you killed, as countless hosts of men have done, including Alexander Hamilton who graces our $10 bill. Born a subject of the Crown in Nevis in the Leeward Islands in 1755 he is the only person featured on US folding money not born in these United States. Like many islands in the Americas, the British asserted sovereignty over Nevis by royal patent, much like was done to some islands located at 51°42′S 57°51′W. Borges has been quoted many times as saying that the 1982 war over these islands was like two bald men fighting over a comb. So, the question remains. Falklands or Malvinas? What say you?
                              No better way to piss off an Argentine than to call them the Falklands.

Except maybe by referring to Evita as a prostitute.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Freakin' nihilists!
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X