Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Rumors of 19 year old females going on missions

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Fun.
    Also, none of that masculine/feminine crap. Mandarin is very progressive that way.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Also, none of that masculine/feminine crap. Mandarin is very progressive that way.
    Progressive or androgynous?
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Progressive or androgynous?
    Yes.

taibei_public_toilet.jpg
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay

I was previously unfamiliar with the horizontal urinal.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

I was previously unfamiliar with the horizontal urinal.
    Taiwan public restrooms were gender non-specific before it was cool.

Obviously, you're out of touch with North Carolina.
    - Goatnapper'96

Signature won a Pulitzer Paperback Writer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    And Clark wins the Nostradamus award: Tawain, Taipei mission. Taipei isn't Hong Kong but it's still Chinese speaking (although Mandarin not Cantonese).
    Congratulations. I have a nephew from Orem who returned from that mission about 8 months ago. He really enjoyed Tawain and his mission.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”

Does that thing take 1 and 2?
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

That looks suspiciously like a latrine I encountered in Indonesia. Except with a butt spray hose accessory. It actually gets the job done legit.
    what'sthenameofthissong?EXPLOSIVO.Don'tknowwhatit' saboutbutit'sgoodtogo.What'sthenameofmygirlfriend? Idon'tknow,butshe'sbuiltliketheshitandshe'sgoodtog ogoshe'sgoodtogo.WearefuledbySatanyeswe'reschooled bySatanFUELEDBYSATANwritingthesetastyriffsjustasfa staswecanSCHOOLEDBYSATANweweretheinventorsofthecos micastralcode.wecometoblowyouaway.wecometoblowyour nosewe'vecometofuckinblowwe'vecometoblowtheshowwe' vecometofuckinblow!youknowit!youknowit!u

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    That looks suspiciously like a latrine I encountered in Indonesia. Except with a butt spray hose accessory. It actually gets the job done legit.
    Fortunately, I've only confronted a couple of those squatters in my travels, but I couldn't figure out how to use them efficiently (I realize this may not be the appropriate thread for instruction on this most essential of functions, but where else?). My problem is the balancing act necessary to permit the egress of both 1 and 2, while avoiding the soiling of one's pants and underwear that have been dropped to the ankles to permit the operation. And I guess curling up with a good book or newspaper for the duration isn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Fortunately, I've only confronted a couple of those squatters in my travels, but I couldn't figure out how to use them efficiently (I realize this may not be the appropriate thread for instruction on this most essential of functions, but where else?). My problem is the balancing act necessary to permit the egress of both 1 and 2, while avoiding the soiling of one's pants and underwear that have been dropped to the ankles to permit the operation. And I guess curling up with a good book or newspaper for the duration isn't going to happen.
    Before I ever visit a place that has facilities like that, I will begin wearing kilts the proper way. That is the only way I can imagine not making a mess of the situation.
    This for anybody going through tough times
    Believe me, been there, done that
    But everyday above ground is a great day, remember that
    --Pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    My problem is the balancing act necessary to permit the egress of both 1 and 2, while avoiding the soiling of one's pants and underwear that have been dropped to the ankles to permit the operation.
    Eastern system not compatible with your skinny jeans. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Copelius View Post
    Before I ever visit a place that has facilities like that, I will begin wearing kilts the proper way. That is the only way I can imagine not making a mess of the situation.
    I saw one of those in Florence, so you might need to pack a kilt to more places than you would have thought.

The Toledo, Spain train station had one of those in 1995. I doubt it does still, but I believe I've shared the story here before about spraying my shit all over a stall.
    "You are a genius." --cougjunkie
    "[...] liberals tend to take the moral teachings of the New Testament literally and the stories figuratively while conservatives do the opposite." -- Harry Tic
    "
    I'll admit that as a non-low-income earner, I wouldn't mind seeing Hillary as president. She's good to corporate America, specifically on the financial side of things. Sure, she'll take her corruption cut, but there will be plenty left over for people like me." -- Edward "Moliere" Jones

Tawain, Taipei mission.
    Holy f@#$! Sad news out of Taibei today.

FWIW, from my experience violent crime was/is rare in Taiwan.

Holy f@#$! Sad news out of Taibei today.

FWIW, from my experience violent crime was/is rare in Taiwan.
    Did you see the video of the mob that was waiting for him at the police station? That's a sign of how abnormal that kind of brutal crime is. BFM, Taipei is a great city, and your daughter will love it. If she's worried about Mandarin, remind her she could be learning Cantonese.
    Not that, sickos.

After the missionaries got hurt in Belgium it made me think just a little bit longer about sending a daughter out into the world, but I can't protect them forever. I've been told Taiwan is generally a pretty safe place so that's comforting.

Signature won a Pulitzer Paperback Writer's Avatar

After the missionaries got hurt in Belgium it made me think just a little bit longer about sending a daughter out into the world, but I can't protect them forever. I've been told Taiwan is generally a pretty safe place so that's comforting.
    All will be well until Trump is elected president, he incites China, and they invade Taiwan. Kidding aside, it can be difficult as a parent when kids go overseas to serve missions. I've been fortunate that my two missionary kids have stayed stateside and the next one will most likely get called to US or Canada due to health issues (Type I diabetic). One of my nephews who returned last year from Taipei said it was a very safe mission.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”

Quote Originally Posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    All will be well until Trump is elected president, he incites China, and they invade Taiwan. Kidding aside, it can be difficult as a parent when kids go overseas to serve missions. I've been fortunate that my two missionary kids have stayed stateside and the next one will most likely get called to US or Canada due to health issues (Type I diabetic). One of my nephews who returned last year from Taipei said it was a very safe mission.
    If Trump gets elected he'll make Bill Clinton look like a Boy Scout by the time he's done. Can you imagine the number of backdoor deals Trump could cook up in four short years.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Default Rumors of 19 year old females going on missions

Thus saith the Brethren, missionaries in sunglasses!

http://www.sltrib.com/lifestyle/fait...sunglasses-and

I think I now know why I didn't have any baptisms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Whoa. DNews just blew my mind.

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post

The instructions urge the elders to "avoid bright-colored hats or hats that are too casual or that may distract from your message. Baseball, cowboy, bucket, newsboy, and fedora hats are not acceptable."
    So I guess straw hats, gardening hats, and fishing hats are about all that are acceptable.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

a day late/a dollar short Sullyute's Avatar

This is revelation in action. The prophet knows that Hillary will be the next president, and the pant suit will be uber popular. Mormon missionaries are jumping on the trend early.
    "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullyute View Post
    Didn't you read the intructions? No fedora hats. Especially ones with a feather!

We always wore sunglasses. The young frenchies always called us Men in Black.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

You better plug-in; your battery is getting low
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

So I guess straw hats, gardening hats, and fishing hats are about all that are acceptable.
    Don't be a moron. Top hats. Top hats are the future.

A certain Area President who shall remain nameless took away sun glasses, hats, dockers, and backpacks a few months into my mission. It was super practical in the Argentinian jungle.

Trilbies. Heaven help us all, Trilbies are apparently acceptable (not being a fedora).

Edit: But not for sisters. I saw a picture of a trilby that was on the naughty side for sisters. It was missing on the elder's pictures.
    Last edited by LVAllen; 05-20-2016 at 04:35 PM.