X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
    This isn't an April fools "joke"?
    It's April 2nd.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

This isn't an April fools "joke"?
      What do you think "hastening the work" means?

Comment

I like the girl running in heels
        Perhaps the weight of having the Priesthood slowed the boys down.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          the church should host a combine and a draft, with mission presidents picking from prospective elders and sisters. The most elite elders would be allowed to test at regional pro days at select stake centers across the country. Sisters obviously would not be allowed to do that.

sounds like they are making all applicants take a form of Wonderlic test. I predict that the name of the test will be changed for the sisters for obvious reasons.
          Great idea. I love the thought of all the behind the scenes talk between mission presidents, making deals to trade a bunch of older elders/sisters with expiring 'contracts', to move up in the draft. And of course you'll have the arrogant #1 pick, who's obviously going to get picked by the stateside mission president, who will refuse to go there and demand to be traded.

And it can all be televised on BYUTV.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
            Great idea. I love the thought of all the behind the scenes talk between mission presidents, making deals to trade a bunch of older elders/sisters with expiring 'contracts', to move up in the draft. And of course you'll have the arrogant #1 pick, who's obviously going to get picked by the stateside mission president, who will refuse to go there and demand to be traded.

And it can all be televised on BYUTV.
            I think the church should stay with the current process of having a computer program determine the best fit for each missionary and then have the auto-pen sign the call. I don't think I could sit through a weekly draft that lasts 4 days.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              I think the church should stay with the current process of having a computer program determine the best fit for each missionary and then have the auto-pen sign the call. I don't think I could sit through a weekly draft that lasts 4 days.
              What? ? I thought there was giant map that the prophet used the urim and thumin to guide him for each call. Kind of like a really big ouija board.
              "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

What? ? I thought there was giant map that the prophet used the urim and thumin to guide him for each call. Kind of like a really big ouija board.
                So does Elder Rasband:

https://www.lds.org/general-conferen...onary?lang=eng
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                  Perhaps the weight of having the Priesthood slowed the boys down.
                  Not bad, '71.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                    A couple of other times as the process moved along, Elder Eyring would turn to me and say, “Well, Brother Rasband, where do you feel this missionary should go?” I would name a particular mission, and Elder Eyring would look at me thoughtfully and say, “No, that’s not it!” He would then continue to assign the missionaries where he had felt prompted.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• So the sister missionaries in my ward are causing some issues. They are apparently attending YW instead of Relief Society. I guess they just show up, uninvited, to YW opening exercises and have been rotating through the YW classes. The YW leaders didn't seem to phased the first time, but over the past month they just keep showing up. Makes me wonder if they just feel more comfortable in YW since they really aren't that far removed from it. It also doesn't help that they are helplessly socially awkward.
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

So the sister missionaries in my ward are causing some issues. They are apparently attending YW instead of Relief Society. I guess they just show up, uninvited, to YW opening exercises and have been rotating through the YW classes. The YW leaders didn't seem to phased the first time, but over the past month they just keep showing up. Makes me wonder if they just feel more comfortable in YW since they really aren't that far removed from it. It also doesn't help that they are helplessly socially awkward.
                        Damn, those are some serious issues that need to be dealt with quickly. YW, DDD (please recognize the comma).
                        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

So the sister missionaries in my ward are causing some issues. They are apparently attending YW instead of Relief Society. I guess they just show up, uninvited, to YW opening exercises and have been rotating through the YW classes. The YW leaders didn't seem to phased the first time, but over the past month they just keep showing up. Makes me wonder if they just feel more comfortable in YW since they really aren't that far removed from it. It also doesn't help that they are helplessly socially awkward.
                          I don't think that is a sister missionary issue, as I have heard of lots of young women having a hard time with the transition from the YW program to Relief Society. Which is probably one of the reasons most people that age go to single wards.
                          "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

uh oh
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

This doesn't seem like too much of a problem but let us know when they try to crash priesthood.
                              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Can we start a new thread entitled "Rumors of 19 year old males getting judgmental looks because they aren't on a mission yet"?

That seems to be a new trend....

Comment

Working...
                                X