Rumors of 19 year old females going on missions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    My 19 year old female daughter was set apart last night and goes into the MTC today.

Congrats and best wishes. A bittersweet day for you.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

My 19 year old female daughter was set apart last night and goes into the MTC today.

Congrats. Where will she be?

Is it true that they are thinking of lengthening the missions for ladies from 18 months to 2 years?
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post

Is it true that they are thinking of lengthening the missions for ladies from 18 months to 2 years?
        Taipei. Haven't heard anything about lengthening missions for ladies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post

Where did you hear this? How about cutting the term for boys to 18 months?

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
            Where did you hear this? How about cutting the term for boys to 18 months?
            Been there and done that.
            “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
            "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Just some gossip with some of my friends in lower leadership, i.e., nothing above stake level. They love having the ladies out there so they may be more effective remaining another six.

That is fantastic btw. Does she know any Mandarin? What a fantastic place to go and see.
              Last edited by Topper; 08-03-2016, 10:50 AM.
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• And it is done. Bittersweet and kind of surreal. The MTC was crowded as heck and it's 94 in Provo today although it felt hotter than that. We were less than 3 minutes curbside: get luggage out of the trunk, a quick picture, a hug, and we were off.

Comment

My niece just got into Taipei about a month or so ago. She loves it.
                  "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

And it is done. Bittersweet and kind of surreal. The MTC was crowded as heck and it's 94 in Provo today although it felt hotter than that. We were less than 3 minutes curbside: get luggage out of the trunk, a quick picture, a hug, and we were off.
                    And she comes home tomorrow. 18 months flew by in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Especially for me! Congrats, btw.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

That's great. Happy for you.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Holy crap that seemed fast. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• congrats, bfm
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• I wasn't sure if this was better suited to the Wear Pants to Church thread, the Conference Changes thread, or here. Since they say specifically that Sister's still should wear dresses or skirts to church, and it isn't conference - this thread wins!!!

https://www.thechurchnews.com/living...ss-pants-48657

Sister missionaries serving for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints now have the option to wear pants during regular missionary activities — including during normal training activities at missionary training centers.

The First Presidency updated the missionary dress and grooming guidelines for sister missionaries in a letter sent to local Church leaders dated Dec. 20, 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                                I wasn't sure if this was better suited to the Wear Pants to Church thread, the Conference Changes thread, or here. Since they say specifically that Sister's still should wear dresses or skirts to church, and it isn't conference - this thread wins!!!

https://www.thechurchnews.com/living...ss-pants-48657
                                So the mosquitoes �� just magically stay away for temple trips and church services eh?

Comment

Working...
                                X