Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Rumors of 19 year old females going on missions

Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by San Juan Sun View Post
    Funny, because I refused to date any returned sister missionaries. I didn't need a senior companion.

This is obviously fairly narrow thinking. Anyone that didn't serve could be a total disaster. I'm sure there are nice attractive sister RMs who weren't totally overbearing. I just never met any of them when I was dating.
    There were some pretty hot sisters in the MTC while I was there, but I still think this is a good policy.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrace View Post
    There were some pretty hot sisters in the MTC while I was there, but I still think this is a good policy.
    They were headed to Temple Square.

Signature won a Pulitzer Paperback Writer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    I think it's funny and kind of awesome for self-righteous LDS girls to get a taste of their own medicine when it comes to refusal to marry anybody but an RM.

My wife definitely fell into that camp: would only marry an RM but would never in a million years have signed up to serve a mission herself.
    Totally agree. My wife once had a conversation with the hard-line YW president when she "went off" on advising YW to only marry a RM.

YWP: (to the YW) ... and that's why you should only consider marrying a RM.
    wife: (to the YW) There are many factors to consider when choosing a future husband. Being a RM is one of them but consider that not all RMs will be faithful and there are many YM who will make good husbands and fathers but may not have chosen to serve a mission.
    YWP: If someone is not dedicated enough to the Lord and his church to serve a mission, I doubt he will be dedicated to his wife and family.
    wife: What if male RMs took that same view towards YW? Just because a YW decides not to serve a mission doesn't mean she isn't dedicated to the church or will not make a good wife and mother.
    YWP: You may have beaten the odds by marrying someone who didn't serve but that doesn't mean our YW will do the same.
    wife: (with look of confusion). My husband served a mission.
    YWP: Well, I think all YM need to follow the prophet and serve a mission. YW are wise to only consider marrying a RM.
    wife: President Monson didn't serve a full-time mission as a YM.

That's when the YW were dismissed. YWP president mentioned she was going to take the matter up with the Bishop. Wife advised her to tread carefully since the Bishop didn't serve a full-time mission either having entered the Marine Corps after graduating HS.

It's interesting to have the tables turned somewhat on the whole RM status thing.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Young Women who choose not to serve want you to know that they're not bad people! (All young men should go, however, because it is a priesthood duty).

http://averagedayofaginger.blogspot.....html?spref=fb
    That girl is wise beyond her years...

5 Things I Hope My Children Know About The Temple
    I haven't gone through the temple yet, and I'm sure when I do my understanding of the temple will change. But there already a few things I know that I want to teach my children about the temple!

1. We are a temple attending people. I want to go to the temple as often as I can.
    Sure, technically, I could already be attending the temple as often as I can...but as Triplet reminded everyone, "We're busy!"

Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Portland Ute View Post
    They were headed to Temple Square.

I recall that some were headed to historical sites, but one was going to Central America. At the time I wondered how that was going to work out, since she didn't look like the Central America type.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    Totally agree. My wife once had a conversation with the hard-line YW president when she "went off" on advising YW to only marry a RM.

YWP: (to the YW) ... and that's why you should only consider marrying a RM.
    wife: (to the YW) There are many factors to consider when choosing a future husband. Being a RM is one of them but consider that not all RMs will be faithful and there are many YM who will make good husbands and fathers but may not have chosen to serve a mission.
    YWP: If someone is not dedicated enough to the Lord and his church to serve a mission, I doubt he will be dedicated to his wife and family.
    wife: What if male RMs took that same view towards YW? Just because a YW decides not to serve a mission doesn't mean she isn't dedicated to the church or will not make a good wife and mother.
    YWP: You may have beaten the odds by marrying someone who didn't serve but that doesn't mean our YW will do the same.
    wife: (with look of confusion). My husband served a mission.
    YWP: Well, I think all YM need to follow the prophet and serve a mission. YW are wise to only consider marrying a RM.
    wife: President Monson didn't serve a full-time mission as a YM.

That's when the YW were dismissed. YWP president mentioned she was going to take the matter up with the Bishop. Wife advised her to tread carefully since the Bishop didn't serve a full-time mission either having entered the Marine Corps after graduating HS.

It's interesting to have the tables turned somewhat on the whole RM status thing.
    Awesome. That would have been fun to watch.
    So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Right PW one of the ridiculous unintended consequences of emphasizing marrying an RM is that it conveys the message that other compatibility issues aren't that important. We all know bad dudes who somehow made it through the 2 years.

Also it's an attitude that conveys a total lack of empathy for the kids that can't or don't serve missions and their families. Missions can obviously be great for kids but I also have a ton of respect for LDS young men who have the gumption and self-confidence to tell their (pushy, overbearing?) families that they don't want to serve.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
    We all know bad dudes who somehow made it through the 2 years.
    Like this guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Derek_Brown
    When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party. --Tuck Pendleton